PartyParrot

I-751 February 2021 Filers

903 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
12 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

@reicakes88No worries. Do not stress about it. It does not help that the wording on those RFEs and letters from USCIS is never 100% clear. 

The solution is to send them as much evidence as you can since the date of your marriage. They want to see a continuum of evidence since the date you got married. Honestly, as I said on my initial message - if nothing else, create two living wills and authorize each other to make health care decisions for each other in the event that either one of you is not able to. USCIS takes that document very seriously. With Covid-19 still lingering around, it makes sense to get one. You are both young. Say something happens and your spouse ends up on a ventilator and you do not know what his wishes are. 

Affidavits may help but a living will would definitely seal the deal. How long do you have to respond to the RFE? You sent them a joint lease and joint checking account statements. Is that all you sent?

We'll look into getting a living will as soon as we can. Potential costs are a major deterrent and our work schedules make it very difficult to get time during normal business hours without being a sleep deprived mess. I'll gather as much evidence as I can. We just don't have a lot since we don't really do the whole social media, broadcast out lives thing. We both don't like pictures of ourselves. Both our families are like that lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 minutes ago, reicakes88 said:

We'll look into getting a living will as soon as we can. Potential costs are a major deterrent and our work schedules make it very difficult to get time during normal business hours without being a sleep deprived mess. I'll gather as much evidence as I can. We just don't have a lot since we don't really do the whole social media, broadcast out lives thing. We both don't like pictures of ourselves. Both our families are like that lol

We don't do photos and social media as well. I don't like broadcasting our lives despite some people love:) as indicated earlier, photos and social media are not really important. There are people that got approved without providing single photo. The best you can do now is to provide anything that may indicate that you are financially bound. 

If that helps, see below for what we provided. It doesn't mean we didn't get any RFEs, we may, but maybe below list would be helpful for you, too:

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

23 minutes ago, reicakes88 said:

@reicakes88, there is no cost associated with getting a living will. Just modify the template on the AARP site and get it notarized. Every UPS Store usually has a notary public. It is not expensive. I think it may be ~$5 per page. Sent you the link on my first message. (This link https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/financial-legal/free-printable-advance-directives/ )

Did you receive a "joint" stimulus check? or several? Guess what, those are evidence of bona fide marriage. You probably received a letter after each stimulus check which has your address, etc. 

If you've filed married filing jointly and received a refund to your bank account, you can use that as evidence, especially if the refund got deposited to your joint checking or even your personal accounts. 

You are in Maryland. I do not know if landlord's have to issue you a certificate of rent paid. That certificate is evidence of bona fide marriage. 

Again, you can show statements from your personal accounts, too but you would need to describe and maybe even highlight or provide the dates of when you made X payment for utilities, bills, trips, etc. 

Including a list of all the evidence ant explaining in a full sentence to USCIS what the item is evidence of is key,. We did that with every piece of evidence. For example with the leases we stated Lease between Person 1 and Person 2 at the address, City State Zip code is evidence of cohabitation between starting date and end date. We titled that section "Evidence of cohabitation between Month/2017 and May/2021. 

We did not show any social media, actually. We don't have any and also aren't walking around making videos of our lives thinking that people may be interested in our lives. lol 

Most people get an RFE after the petition has been pending for a long time and USCIS wants to see updated evidence. You got it right after filing. Again, I would spend some time adding each other as emergency contact with your employer, create an online health insurance account and add each other as emergency contact. I listed all these on my initial message. Do those and you will be fine. 

Best wishes and keep asking questions. :) 

Edited by USC4SPOUSE

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

@reicakes88, I used this I-751 filing as an example for my AOS and I-751 petition. It's the second post. It is a very comprehensive list and this will give you an example of what I meant by listing in full sentence what the evidence is proof of. You have to connect the dots for USCIS. They won't do it for you even if it is obvious what the evidence is. (Happy Chic posted it ages ago. I do not think that profile is active anymore). Anyway, I hope you find this useful. :) 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wow!! Received the approval letter today. Did not expect this at least until next year. I’m one of the Feb 2021 filers. 

Did USCIS somehow catch up with the workload?

64B3F6A9-9A98-454C-9E14-AD82CDFA4FC2.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, nguyenddvuong said:

Wow!! Received the approval letter today. Did not expect this at least until next year. I’m one of the Feb 2021 filers. 

Congrats! Let me guess, your service center is Texas service center:)

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

Timeline
15 hours ago, Huckleberry&Koala said:

Congrats! Let me guess, your service center is Texas service center:)

Thanks! That’s right. It’s Texas service center.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 6/19/2021 at 4:45 PM, nguyenddvuong said:

wait wait, did you file in 2021? if yes wow. Congrats.... What was your service center code? SRC, TSC?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 6/16/2021 at 11:35 AM, Marcelina said:

Hey guys, so it’s my 4th engagement anniversary and couldn’t get a better gift from

USCIS! Card is being produced! Texas Service Center. 

Date Filed :2021-02-02

NOA Date :2021-03-09

Bio. Appt. :2021-04-02 (reused)

Interview Date : waived 

Approval / Denial Date :2021-06-15

got email today at 5 am

Waiting for the mail now! Good luck guys! 

Congrats! Is your service center code starts with SRC?

Timeline
5 hours ago, ineedadisplayname said:

wait wait, did you file in 2021? if yes wow. Congrats.... What was your service center code? SRC, TSC?

The letter was sent from Texas Service Center. I filed in Feb 2021.

On 6/19/2021 at 3:45 PM, nguyenddvuong said:

Congrats!!!  (I'm so jealous, too!  LOL  :)  Texas has really got a good grip on their processing times.  The other offices should implement whatever TX does.)

Spoiler

Petitioner: USC | Applicant: B2 | (c)9 AOS (Marriage)

07/31/18: Filed I-130, I-130A

08/01/18: Delivered Potomac Processing Center

08/07/18: Text/Mail Notifications (for I-130)

08/14/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-130)

08/24/18: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-864

08/27/18: Delivered

08/31/18: Filed

09/04/18: Text Notifications (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/06/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/14/18: Biometrics letter rec'd

09/26/18: Biometrics appt completed

10/02/18: Ready for interview to be scheduled.

12/18/18: Form I-130 APPROVED!

01/27/19: EAD Approved and card being printed!

02/02/19: Combo card and SSN card arrived!

03/08/19: Text and online notification that interview has been scheduled.

04/16/19: Interview.  AOS approval text rec'd.  Card in production!

04/24/19: GC in hand! 

Removal of Conditions

Here we go!

02/10/21: I-751 package sent

02/12/21: Delivered to Phoenix, AZ

03/22/21: Money order cashed

03/24/21: Text notification rec'd

03/25/21: NOA rec'd

04/30/21: Case updated: Fingerprints taken

06/27/22: Approved!  Card being produced!

07/05/22: 10-year GC in hand!

4vrsm5.pngN3Zem6.png

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chocobo said:

Congrats!!!  (I'm so jealous, too!  LOL  :)  Texas has really got a good grip on their processing times.  The other offices should implement whatever TX does.)

Thanks. Agreed.

On 6/17/2021 at 3:25 PM, lusiaan said:

Congratulations to all approved!

I was wondering if someone has any insight for my situation. I recieved a biometric appointment notice in the mail today (for some reason is not waived for me..bummer) for a date that I will be out of the country.

I called the number on the letter and they told me someone will call me within the next 2 weeks to reschedule. Then I read about it and it looks like some people tried to do a walk in before the appointment date if they couldn't make it that day. 

Could be hard with Covid but I'm thinking about trying to do it. My only worry is that since I already started the rescheduling process it could make more mess for me than would help. Has anyone heard anything about rescheduling (I know it might delay the process..) or just showing up before the scheduled biometrics? Thank you so much 😊

For future reference to anyone in a similar situation- they let me do a walk in! Go in the morning, right when they open😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.