PartyParrot

I-751 February 2021 Filers

903 posts in this topic

Timeline
2 hours ago, Keila_27 said:

Hi, just a quick question, did you receive any confirmation letter or email from USCIS about your change of address? I’m on the same boat, I changed my address last April but I got a confirmation email from them. Right now, my case is still stuck in “Case Waiting For Interview to be Scheduled” since November 2021. Kinda wondering/worried if that would be a problem with the Change of Address, hoping it won’t. 

Actually it's been more than 10 months since I first changed my address and my attorney actually sent the request letter three times. Sadly till the moment i received the biometrics notice from 2 weeks ago, my address was still not updated, still with the old one, so the mail was super delayed, almost missed my appointment. I just feel like the USCIS they are super backlogged and messy these days.

And i don't think they even sent any confirmation letter for the address updates before pandemic, me personally never got it. The quickest way to check is to call USCIS to ask an agent for confirmation. That's been my experience.

📊 I-751 ROC with Waivers📅    California Service Center (WAC)                            📊 N-400  📅    Phoenix AZ Lockbox

02/11/21  I-751 mailed out by USPS                                                                                                 11/30/22  N-400 mailed out by USPS 
02/13/21  PO BOX Received                                                                                                                 12/02/22  PO BOX Received  (Priority Date)

02/16/21  Case Was Received, $680 check went through                                                12/06/22  NOA Receipt Date 

03/31/21  NOA Date                                                                                                                                  12/08/22  NOA2 Online Account Access &  NOA3 Biometrics Waived  - NBC

04/05/21  Receive NOA by mail                                                                                                         12/08/22  Case is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS  

10/19/21  2nd NOA for 24 months extension                                                                             12/14/22  Receive NOA by mail       

07/15/22  NOA -- Biometrics Appt @ 08/02/22                                                      12/16/22  Receive NOA2 & NOA3 by mail  

07/26/22  Bio letter arrived                                                                                       04/04/23  Interview NOA issued, Combo Interview Expected on 05/09/23 (04/11/23 NOA received by mail)

08/02/22  Biometrics Appt                                                                                        05/09/23 Interview Canceled/De-Scheduled on the spot

08/02/22  Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken                         05/12/23 Interview NOA issued, rescheduled for 06/21/23

12/16/22  Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction                    06/21/23 Interview Canceled/De-Scheduled on the spot AGAIN

12/17/22  Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken                          11/17/23 Interview NOA issued, rescheduled for 01/03/24

03/10/23  3rd NOA for 48 months extension received                                                                           (after expedite request letters, InfoPass, congressional inquiry)

01/04/24  NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED!!!!                                                                                                                                                                         ......         

01/10/24  Card Was Mailed To Me                                                                                                    01/03/2024 THE 3RD TIME IS THE CHARM! COME ON!!! Or not...

Oh well, they don't have my case file at the field office, after another 4-hour wait, interview canceled and de-scheduled for the 3RD time...

01/05/2024  2nd Congressional Inquiry Submitted 

01/30/2024  Interview NOA issued, the 4th one got rescheduled on 03/07/24  LMAO

the waitING game continued ...

7 hours ago, MoreMoolahMoreMoi said:

Actually it's been more than 10 months since I first changed my address and my attorney actually sent the request letter three times. Sadly till the moment i received the biometrics notice from 2 weeks ago, my address was still not updated, still with the old one, so the mail was super delayed, almost missed my appointment. I just feel like the USCIS they are super backlogged and messy these days.

And i don't think they even sent any confirmation letter for the address updates before pandemic, me personally never got it. The quickest way to check is to call USCIS to ask an agent for confirmation. That's been my experience.

Thank you, will call USCIS for confirmation. 

• 2 weeks later...

LIN Feb’21 filer, received a text message in the early morning from uscis. 
NOA DATE 03/26/21

USCIS Message: We have taken an action on your case. Sign in to your USCIS account - https://my.uscis.gov/account

case was approved finally after a long wait 

August 16, 2022 Case Was Approved
August 15, 2022 We ordered your new card.

Edited by Prince & Angel

7 minutes ago, Prince & Angel said:

LIN Feb’21 filer, received a text message in the early morning from uscis. 
NOA DATE 03/26/21

USCIS Message: We have taken an action on your case. Sign in to your USCIS account - https://my.uscis.gov/account

case was approved finally after a long wait 

August 16, 2022 Case Was Approved
August 15, 2022 We ordered your new card.

Congrats, did you file N400?

• 3 weeks later...

Filed a request for my case "out of normal processing time" today. Anyone else gone through this recently? How long did it take to get a response?

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

59 minutes ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Filed a request for my case "out of normal processing time" today. Anyone else gone through this recently? How long did it take to get a response?

So this is my story, I filed i751 in February 2021. After my case has been more than one year, I checked on the processing time it's states normal processing is 8 to 12 months. I filed for N400 in February 2022, surprisingly it my dates on I751 changed relatively to when I immediately filed n400. So called them several times that my case was outside normal processing times, though each of those 4 times I called them the agent said different thing, one of them told me something cool, that if I call again like after 3 to 4 calls they will send my case to visa officer and a visa officer will reach out to me.... while the other agent said I am still on normal processing times, how ever I kept calling and they keep recording my calls in the system, after 4th call they sent me an email saying that I will have a combo interview since I did applied on n400. So it made me felt relieved  and instead of checking on my i751 , I just checked and track my N400 only and its been 7 months now I am hoping I hear something by the end of the year. So if your intention at the end is to hopefully get a citizenship I will advise you to apply for n400 now..though you filed for outside normal processing time I don't think it's different with the calls I made but I am not sure.... but that's my Lil story and experience..

Edited by Mr Genuis

I filed my i751 feb 21, waiting for an interview to be scheduled since November last year, I got issued an i551 stamp last November and it’s gunna expire this coming November, so idk if I should call and schedule an Info pass appointment or no since my foreign passport is expired already since June?

13 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@Ma08716 renew your foreign passport and then get I-551 stamp in it

Sadly I can’t renew it, I have to be present in my country to do it since I fall under one of the categories that doesn’t have the privilege of renewing their passport through a consular processing (embassy)

Edited by Ma08716

24 minutes ago, Ma08716 said:

Sadly I can’t renew it, I have to be present in my country to do it since I fall under one of the categories that doesn’t have the privilege of renewing their passport through a consular processing (embassy)

I think you are in tricky situation. I don't believe USCIS are going to stamp an expired passport. But even if they do what's the use? You cannot travel on it.

@Ma08716 For work purposes, all you need is a state ID or drivers license and the social security card with no wording on it (no words such as Valid For Work Only With DHS Authorization). This is enough to prove your work authorization to employer. If you still have card with wording on it, I strongly suggest getting it removed by filing forms with Social Security Administration before your extension letter expires! Also, renew your ID / drivers license if eligible.

Now regarding international travel, even though you haven't asked, I think it's useful to think about it. You may not be able to leave the US until naturalized. Or you would have to pay for emergency travel document to go back to your country and renew your country's passport there + then pay for I-131A to get back to the US.

You may need to consult with a lawyer to prepare the best plan for this. Don't leave it until later, that's my advice. You may have an emergency related to your family in your country and you would be not knowing what to do and how to visit them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.