Greenbaum

JANUARY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

282 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
2 hours ago, ClosingtheGap said:

Hello Everyone,

It has been 23 days since our NOA2 and after calling the NVC today for a third time they gave us our case number! The representative on the phone did give some disturbing news. He said that Embassies all over the world have put a hold on K1 Visas and they have not been sending any out since last March. I know some people are continuing on to the Embassy phase of the process, but I don't believe they are all expedited cases. The rep acted as if our case would just sit in limbo until the "Ban" was lifted. This seemed like strange information and I plan to call our Embassy as soon as they open in Kuwait. Does anyone have some thoughts about this?    

May I ask what number you called? Our NOA2 is the 7th and we waited 4 weeks to call, we called today and the person on the phone said it is not even there yet and it takes 60 days now to get the case number from NVC lol.

Edited by Claire6

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, ClosingtheGap said:

Hello Everyone,

It has been 23 days since our NOA2 and after calling the NVC today for a third time they gave us our case number! The representative on the phone did give some disturbing news. He said that Embassies all over the world have put a hold on K1 Visas and they have not been sending any out since last March. I know some people are continuing on to the Embassy phase of the process, but I don't believe they are all expedited cases. The rep acted as if our case would just sit in limbo until the "Ban" was lifted. This seemed like strange information and I plan to call our Embassy as soon as they open in Kuwait. Does anyone have some thoughts about this?    

That’s weird. I’m in another group for K1visa from Vietnam and people are still getting their papers sent to Embassy and schedule interviews. 

51 minutes ago, Claire6 said:

May I ask what number you called? Our NOA2 is the 7th and we waited 4 weeks to call, we called today and the person on the phone said it is not even there yet and it takes 60 days now to get the case number from NVC lol.

Yes I called the Non-Immigrant line which is 1-603-334-0888 for the NVC.

54 minutes ago, Cleofe+Daniel said:

Is anyone else having issues when you call the nvc? my friend keeps getting hung up on after the recorded message ends

You must call the Non-Immigrant line about your K1 Visa case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

22 minutes ago, ClosingtheGap said:

Yes I called the Non-Immigrant line which is 1-603-334-0888 for the NVC.

You must call the Non-Immigrant line about your K1 Visa case.

1-603-334-0700 or 603-334-0888 he has called both of these numbers and it goes through a recorded message then hangs up on him. i have not tried it myself

10/25/2016 Hard copy date NOA1                                            09/12/2017  AOS paperwork mailed

11/25/2016 RFE  app update                                                      09/13/2017 AOS paperwork rcvd in Chicago

12/02/2016 RFE hard copy received                                          09/18/2017 AOS paperwork accepted

12/03/2016 RFE information mailed to Ca.Service Center    10/18/2017 AOS case status  Ready to schedule appointment

12/06/2016 App Case update RFE Information Received      11/17/2017 biometrics completed

12/21/2016 App case update Approved (57 days)                 1/8/2018  Interview completed but being reviewed

12/26/2017 NOA 2 hard copy received                                     1/11/2018   I 765 approved

1/03/2017  NVC received case                                                  1/19/2018  EAD/AP combo card received

1/04/2017  NVC issued case number                                       1/23/2018  AOS approved

1/05/2017  Case status changed to in transit                         1/27/2018 Card mailed     

1/10/2017  Case status set to Ready                                       10/23/2019 I 751 mailed to dallas

1/16/2017  Medical exam completed                                       09/24/2020 RFE received

1/18/2017  CFO completed                                                        10/28/2020  RFE info received

1/26/2017  Interview completed                                                11/10/2020 approved                                         

2/13/2017  Case status "ISSUED"                                               12/10.2020 10 year card received

2/17/2017  Visa in hand                                                               07/31/2021 N400 FILED ONLINE

2/24/2017  POE Chicago                                                              08/05/2021 interview scheduled

05/15/2017 Married 🙂

4 minutes ago, Cleofe+Daniel said:

1-603-334-0700 or 603-334-0888 he has called both of these numbers and it goes through a recorded message then hangs up on him. i have not tried it myself

I just called the 1-603-334-0888 number just now and spoke to the rep again for further information. Be sure to press one to speak with a representative when prompted by the recording. The 1-603-334-0700 automated message definitely hangs up on you at the end.

The NVC rep told me that Kuwait specifically has a backlog of visas and they have not released any cases to the Embassy. He then said that they are now showing a green light to receive cases, but they will start releasing them from last March. There is literally nobody on Visa Journey processing through Kuwait, so I don't know what to expect.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
28 minutes ago, ClosingtheGap said:

I just called the 1-603-334-0888 number just now and spoke to the rep again for further information. Be sure to press one to speak with a representative when prompted by the recording. The 1-603-334-0700 automated message definitely hangs up on you at the end.

The NVC rep told me that Kuwait specifically has a backlog of visas and they have not released any cases to the Embassy. He then said that they are now showing a green light to receive cases, but they will start releasing them from last March. There is literally nobody on Visa Journey processing through Kuwait, so I don't know what to expect.  

Hang in there. You’ve already waited a long time for the NOA2, now it’s just a little bit more for the interview. 

Seeing not many people from Kuwait here means that it might not have many in the backlog.

Just need to keep an eye on the embassy and prepare all the documents you can first. 

Best of luck to you and your fiancee!

Edited by h&m89

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 2/4/2021 at 10:38 PM, ClosingtheGap said:

Hello Everyone,

Yes, the embassy in Dublin’s website seems to say something similar... They weren’t processing K1s in 2020 because of the ban, and now they say while K1s can be treated as priority they won’t be working on them while Ireland is in lockdown. :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/4/2021 at 9:41 PM, ClosingtheGap said:

Thank you for the info, he was missing the prompt to dial 1   

10/25/2016 Hard copy date NOA1                                            09/12/2017  AOS paperwork mailed

11/25/2016 RFE  app update                                                      09/13/2017 AOS paperwork rcvd in Chicago

12/02/2016 RFE hard copy received                                          09/18/2017 AOS paperwork accepted

12/03/2016 RFE information mailed to Ca.Service Center    10/18/2017 AOS case status  Ready to schedule appointment

12/06/2016 App Case update RFE Information Received      11/17/2017 biometrics completed

12/21/2016 App case update Approved (57 days)                 1/8/2018  Interview completed but being reviewed

12/26/2017 NOA 2 hard copy received                                     1/11/2018   I 765 approved

1/03/2017  NVC received case                                                  1/19/2018  EAD/AP combo card received

1/04/2017  NVC issued case number                                       1/23/2018  AOS approved

1/05/2017  Case status changed to in transit                         1/27/2018 Card mailed     

1/10/2017  Case status set to Ready                                       10/23/2019 I 751 mailed to dallas

1/16/2017  Medical exam completed                                       09/24/2020 RFE received

1/18/2017  CFO completed                                                        10/28/2020  RFE info received

1/26/2017  Interview completed                                                11/10/2020 approved                                         

2/13/2017  Case status "ISSUED"                                               12/10.2020 10 year card received

2/17/2017  Visa in hand                                                               07/31/2021 N400 FILED ONLINE

2/24/2017  POE Chicago                                                              08/05/2021 interview scheduled

05/15/2017 Married 🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

We got approved on Jan 6th, my fiancé just called the NVC and they gave our case number ! Now when I check the status in the ceac it says:  “At NVC

Dear @Greenbaum would you please tell us what we should do for the next step? 
I also was shocked why the fiancé visa is categorized as an immigrant visa when we check the status ! 
I wish you all the best in the next step. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

We got approved Noa2 on Jan 21st, and my Fiance try to call NVC today. 

We call to this number 1-603-334-0700 , and we press 3 for "if case is received".

Wait around 12 mnts, then the operator pick up the phone and ask:
USCIS case number
Petitioner DOB
Beneficiary DOB

And then we received our Case Number + Invoice Number. 

Hope this information help others who would like to try call NVC.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 hours ago, APH & SAR said:

We got approved Noa2 on Jan 21st, and my Fiance try to call NVC today. 

We call to this number 1-603-334-0700 , and we press 3 for "if case is received".

Wait around 12 mnts, then the operator pick up the phone and ask:
USCIS case number
Petitioner DOB
Beneficiary DOB

And then we received our Case Number + Invoice Number. 

Hope this information help others who would like to try call NVC.

Thanks

My fiancé called the NVC and similarly we received our case and invoice number. They’re just not sending them on from the NVC to the embassy yet. :( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.