Greenbaum

JANUARY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

282 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 8/11/2021 at 12:18 PM, smile101 said:

They didn’t request anything from him. They said there’s nothing wrong with the case

Dear

Were you and your fiance and family were able to leave with all the chaos that was unfolding in Kabul. 

Our prayers with you and hopefully you are safe and sound with your loved ones.

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Timeline
20 hours ago, mitzab said:

Dear

Were you and your fiance and family were able to leave with all the chaos that was unfolding in Kabul. 

Smile101 were visiting there during that time and I suddenly lost communication with them right around the evacuation. I hope they are okay and return to US soon inshAllah!

Edited by Shaz1

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
On 9/8/2021 at 5:24 PM, mitzab said:

Dear

On 9/9/2021 at 2:07 PM, Shaz1 said:

Smile101 were visiting there during that time and I suddenly lost communication with them right around the evacuation. I hope they are okay and return to US soon inshAllah!

Thank you for your thoughtful messages! ❤️❤️ Yes we are safe and we recently came back. It was a scary, long journey coming back to America especially when I’m the American citizen 

Timeline
1 hour ago, smile101 said:

Thank you for your thoughtful messages! ❤️❤️ Yes we are safe and we recently came back. It was a scary, long journey coming back to America especially when I’m the American citizen 

We are all glad that you made it back home safe and sound, hoping that your fiance also made it here with you. Again all our prayers.

• March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)

Timeline
18 minutes ago, mitzab said:

We are all glad that you made it back home safe and sound, hoping that your fiance also made it here with you. Again all our prayers.

Thank you I appreciate it! I would’ve replied sooner but the trauma and depression I’ve been going through wasn’t good ever since I left that situation. He did come with me but unfortunately I don’t think we will last

Timeline
4 minutes ago, smile101 said:

Thank you I appreciate it! I would’ve replied sooner but the trauma and depression I’ve been going through wasn’t good ever since I left that situation. He did come with me but unfortunately I don’t think we will last

Oh no 😢 

That's a shame to wait for someone for so long and go through so much for them and then it not working out. I am so sorry 😞 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, mitzab said:

Oh no 😢 

That's a shame to wait for someone for so long and go through so much for them and then it not working out. I am so sorry 😞 

Trust me I’m trying to make sense myself and I’m crying my eyes out as to how it happened. Like he came to America and don’t want to think that he was faking everything just to come to America but it’s coming to that point 😢😔😔 I’m so broken you have no idea. Like today he says we are done when I didn’t do anything 😔😔 and grabbed the hammer to smash things. I went through a lot for someone I actually loved that turned out to be someone who was fake to me 

15 hours ago, smile101 said:

Trust me I’m trying to make sense myself and I’m crying my eyes out as to how it happened. Like he came to America and don’t want to think that he was faking everything just to come to America but it’s coming to that point 😢😔😔 I’m so broken you have no idea. Like today he says we are done when I didn’t do anything 😔😔 and grabbed the hammer to smash things. I went through a lot for someone I actually loved that turned out to be someone who was fake to me 

Im glad to hear you’re safe. I’m so sorry to hear that 😔😔😔 think of it this way, better to find out now than down the line where you’re already invested in the process and/or have children. Also do not go through Adjustment of status for him! He sounds abusive. My thoughts are with you❤️

Hello Everyone,

My fiance and I have received an interview date of October 17th, 2021 and scheduled the medical exam for October 7th, 2021 so we're excited. We think we have all the paperwork ready, but we continue to review it regularly. Contemplating what the outcome will be is nerve racking, but nevertheless we are pushing towards the deadline. Our case was approved back in January, so it has been 260 days since the NOA2. I have to say that this process has not been easy and I hope the finish line is coming soon. Good luck to everybody on the long road ahead.  

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me what is the [Forms DS-160], in which they are referring? On the printed DS-160 application forms it says in bold letters "DO NOT BRING THIS TO INTERVIEW". We do have the Nonimmigrant Visa Application printed out already, but what is the second form? Thanks for the help.

image.thumb.png.bba674b17f65dd930365f721db859644.png

Greetings Everybody,

The Embassy approved our K1-Visa and we are moving on to the next step! Thanks everyone for the support.

• 3 months later...
On 2/5/2021 at 1:27 AM, mariabsaibes said:

Hello my NOA1 is on April 24, 2020.

The processing time for California service center is June 10, 2020.

I submitted an outside normal processing time inquiry last week.

They sent me this email:

"

The status of this service request is:

On 01/23/2021, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I129F to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Our records do not indicate that you are authorized for access to information related to this case.

Title 8 Code of Federal Regulations 103.2(a)(3) and the Privacy Act of 1974 prohibit release of information to persons other than the petitioner, applicant or legal representative identified on Form G-28.

What You Can Do

Please contact the petitioner or attorney of record for information regarding the  petition.

"

Does anyone received this kind of reply? And what did you do if you have received it? 

Thanks 

Hi! what did you do for this? My NOA1 was on April 5th, 2021. Filed an inquiry, got a similar response. 

I'm wondering what to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.