Greenbaum

JANUARY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

282 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
43 minutes ago, smile101 said:

Quick question about the 3rd question! Has you fiancé visited you? I want to visit my fiancé but I don’t know if there will be an issue on the case. I hope it doesn’t since I haven’t seen him for 2 years and I want to visit this summer since I know I’ll be at NVC stage for awhile

You just have to have met the meeting in person requirements at the time of application. But at the interview point you should also have additional evidence with you to prove you’ve continued the relationship since then - so think receipts for gifts sent to one another, messages, letters, phone records, screen grabs from video chats, correspondence with potential wedding planners or vendors, any evidence to show you’ve continued the relationship and are still planning to marry. It’s totally valid that you haven’t travelled to see one another during a pandemic while there are travel bans and you’re awaiting vaccination! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
46 minutes ago, smile101 said:

Quick question about the 3rd question! Has you fiancé visited you? I want to visit my fiancé but I don’t know if there will be an issue on the case. I hope it doesn’t since I haven’t seen him for 2 years and I want to visit this summer since I know I’ll be at NVC stage for awhile

Hey! No, we applied for a tourism visa in 2019 before we were engaged, but were denied. They said he was a high risk to overstay his Visa based on his assets in Honduras compared mine in the States. But I went to Honduras as much as possible! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, UnaJohn said:

You just have to have met the meeting in person requirements at the time of application. But at the interview point you should also have additional evidence with you to prove you’ve continued the relationship since then - so think receipts for gifts sent to one another, messages, letters, phone records, screen grabs from video chats, correspondence with potential wedding planners or vendors, any evidence to show you’ve continued the relationship and are still planning to marry. It’s totally valid that you haven’t travelled to see one another during a pandemic while there are travel bans and you’re awaiting vaccination! 

I’m getting my second shot in 2 weeks so I should be good by august :) I just wanted to know if it was an issue if I visit him between the timeframe of waiting at the nvc stage till he gets his interview 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, UnaJohn said:

I do have messages and phone calls but for the past couple of months there has been an issue with electricity so we wouldn’t call at all but just text each other on WhatsApp maybe like 5 mins. So I thought to make the case stronger I could go and visit for 3 weeks and take a bunch of pictures with him so he can take it to the interview. What do you think? I mean we do have a lot of texts but just to be safe. We filed February 2020

Timeline
33 minutes ago, PyGP04 said:

Hey! No, we applied for a tourism visa in 2019 before we were engaged, but were denied. They said he was a high risk to overstay his Visa based on his assets in Honduras compared mine in the States. But I went to Honduras as much as possible! 

Thank you for letting me know :)

Timeline
12 minutes ago, smile101 said:

I do have messages and phone calls but for the past couple of months there has been an issue with electricity so we wouldn’t call at all but just text each other on WhatsApp maybe like 5 mins. So I thought to make the case stronger I could go and visit for 3 weeks and take a bunch of pictures with him so he can take it to the interview. What do you think? I mean we do have a lot of texts but just to be safe. We filed February 2020

Omg for sure if you can visit do! So long as you can show ties to your home country there should be no reason for them to deny entry... So long as there’s no travel ban on your country (I can’t enter the US because of a travel ban). 

Apologies for misunderstanding your original Q! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, UnaJohn said:

Omg for sure if you can visit do! So long as you can show ties to your home country there should be no reason for them to deny entry... So long as there’s no travel ban on your country (I can’t enter the US because of a travel ban). 

Apologies for misunderstanding your original Q! 

Thank you soooo much for the help!! Now I’m very happy and less worried and can go visit him. I hope you can come to the US soon :) . This whole process has been a pain and NVC giving me the runaround driving me crazy and telling me different Info that I’m frustrated at this point.

Timeline
13 hours ago, smile101 said:

Thank you soooo much for the help!! Now I’m very happy and less worried and can go visit him. I hope you can come to the US soon :) . This whole process has been a pain and NVC giving me the runaround driving me crazy and telling me different Info that I’m frustrated at this point.

It shouldn’t be too long now! We’re just waiting on an interview date now. Has your local embassy not restarted K1 applications yet? 😢

Timeline
24 minutes ago, UnaJohn said:

It shouldn’t be too long now! We’re just waiting on an interview date now. Has your local embassy not restarted K1 applications yet? 😢

They did and said they are accepting new cases from the NVC but when I called the other day, the NVC said that the embassy isn’t doing K1 interviews since it’s non immigrant and I said the embassy website stated that it’s processed as an immigrant visa and I got the email as well and just waiting for my case. Then they said sorry maam they aren’t and I’m like I thought k1 should be prioritized so why put false information on the website and now I see why you guys always get lawsuits. I was sooooo mad. They basically told me I’m waiting for awhile :( 

Edited by smile101

Timeline
26 minutes ago, UnaJohn said:

On top of that I said okay this is frustrating at this point and what I should do now. And they said to send an expedited email and I said I did 2 times but I received an email that you guys refused to send my expedite to the embassy so how are you telling me to send another one. So I sent another one, one last time and let’s see what happens. Then they kept apologizing 🙄🙄. Like I really don’t understand. They state K1’s are prioritized but yet keeping all cases at the nvc and the vaccines are out so what are they waiting for!?! I just gave up and was like okay seems like another year wait so I rather just go visit to see him for a month

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 4/26/2021 at 10:56 PM, kjmdrumz3 said:

We got an interview slot, also! Thanks so much! The only problem is that we still don’t have a “Packet 4”. What does that involve? We are using an attorney so maybe that part has already been taken care of? I don’t know. I’ll have to call tomorrow to be sure. But what does the Packet 4 include? Thanks for everything!

Hey,

How were you able to get an interview at El Salvador embassy? Trying to figure it out... no appointments available on the website for over a month now. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, sarac4479 said:

Hey,

How were you able to get an interview at El Salvador embassy? Trying to figure it out... no appointments available on the website for over a month now. 

I just saw your question. Our case started to move once we cleared medical.  Then we emailed the embassy telling them we were ready for an interview. About two days later appointments opened up.

However, it also coincided with the last week of them month. This is when we were told the embassy was releasing interview slots for the following month.

Timeline
16 hours ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

I just saw your question. Our case started to move once we cleared medical.  Then we emailed the embassy telling them we were ready for an interview. About two days later appointments opened up.

However, it also coincided with the last week of them month. This is when we were told the embassy was releasing interview slots for the following month.

Hey, okay I guess we just have to wait until appointments open up on the website? We have been checking everyday for a month and there hasn't been any (including this past week which was the last week of the month). We've also emailed them multiple times and said our medical is scheduled, but no response.  I guess we are just unlucky not sure. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
19 hours ago, sarac4479 said:

Hey, okay I guess we just have to wait until appointments open up on the website? We have been checking everyday for a month and there hasn't been any (including this past week which was the last week of the month). We've also emailed them multiple times and said our medical is scheduled, but no response.  I guess we are just unlucky not sure. 

I believe they did say to schedule medical after the interview has been confirmed. That's what we are doing anyway 

Timeline
On 6/3/2021 at 7:48 AM, daniel_and_lily said:

I believe they did say to schedule medical after the interview has been confirmed. That's what we are doing anyway 

This is just my opinion and everyone's journey is different.

Under normal times. You could get an embassy interview without an issue and then schedule your medical exam just a few days after you get scheduled to the interview. There was enough time between confirming an interview and the actual interview to get the exam and for the report to reach the embassy. And if not no big deal you get green slipped and it would work out.

However, after covid, the shut downs, and now reopening, there are lots of people waiting in line from last year.

There are folks that have to get the medical exam again because they expire after 6 months. So the Drs are booked solid for at least 30 days.

That was our experience anyhow. 

There are also folks that are trying to avoid the scenario of expiring medical and want to push the exam until after the interview etc. Or as close to interview as possible.

After all, who wants to waste $600.

That was not our strategy. We were more aggressive in out approach and advocacy. We got every requirement done as thorough and expeditious as possible in order to make a stronger argument to the embassy for why we needed to get scheduled for an interview.

In essence we know there are folks that are taking a wait and be called approach and we were going to act and tell approach. Not ask. But tell.

We wanted to show we had our paperwork in order and the only requirement left was the interview. So put the onus on the embassy. Then wrote them emails reminding them we were ready and to ask for next steps.

When we emailed the embassy telling them we had completed the medical, we got a reply that our file was updated and to check the ustraveldocs website. The next day there were two interview slots opened on the site and we booked our interview.

Although I can't prove this, I believe the administrator of that site has the ability to clear an applicant for interview once they deem it necessary. Until then, you will be checking the site in vane. Because until they release you to be able to book an interview nothing will show up.

I think the manner in which you communicate with them also matters. Must be a professional letter that is assertive and written in proper English.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.