Greenbaum

JANUARY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

282 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
14 hours ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

Hello. Checked the ustraveldocs website this morning and there were several interview slots available. We got one for May.

There were at least 5 other slots available.

We got an interview slot, also! Thanks so much! The only problem is that we still don’t have a “Packet 4”. What does that involve? We are using an attorney so maybe that part has already been taken care of? I don’t know. I’ll have to call tomorrow to be sure. But what does the Packet 4 include? Thanks for everything!

Timeline
10 hours ago, kjmdrumz3 said:

We got an interview slot, also! Thanks so much! The only problem is that we still don’t have a “Packet 4”. What does that involve? We are using an attorney so maybe that part has already been taken care of? I don’t know. I’ll have to call tomorrow to be sure. But what does the Packet 4 include? Thanks for everything!

It's just instructions. All it does is get you into the medical. Although other posters said they were able to go without it. Call the Drs. There are four. And now they are booked up. tell them you already have an interview scheduled. 

All you really need is a link to the embassy website with all the K1 info. Just follow the instructions. 

https://sv.usembassy.gov/es/visas-es/immigrant-visas-es/fiancee-es/case-status-es/

Timeline
12 minutes ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

It's just instructions. All it does is get you into the medical. Although other posters said they were able to go without it. Call the Drs. There are four. And now they are booked up. tell them you already have an interview scheduled. 

All you really need is a link to the embassy website with all the K1 info. Just follow the instructions. 

https://sv.usembassy.gov/es/visas-es/immigrant-visas-es/fiancee-es/case-status-es/

Here is a direct link to the packet 4 instructions.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

My NOA2 expires today and still sitting at the NVC. This is a very stressful process 😩. I don’t get what the point of the covid vaccine is if they aren’t doing anything. Thought if the covid vaccine would come then we all would get our interviews by now but guess not.

Timeline
On 4/27/2021 at 10:34 AM, sandiegodan2020 said:

Hi, do you recommend scheduling the medical even though we haven't been assigned an appointment date? I notice on the medical instructions it says you need proof of an appointment, but it looks like you scheduled the medical before having an appointment. Thank you in advance. 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, sarac4479 said:

Hi, do you recommend scheduling the medical even though we haven't been assigned an appointment date? I notice on the medical instructions it says you need proof of an appointment, but it looks like you scheduled the medical before having an appointment. Thank you in advance. 

We did and I know others have. Because the embassy is starting up again they may have changed procedures.

I would call the approved Drs and they will tell you what they need. they have the list. they are cash only and costs about 600.

They also take digital photos at the medical.

Drs are booking up now because everyone that had expired medicals is getting them again  so better to try to get it done and then email the embassy with your status. 

last week of the month is when they populate interview dates 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 5/15/2021 at 7:08 AM, smile101 said:

My NOA2 expires today and still sitting at the NVC. This is a very stressful process 😩. I don’t get what the point of the covid vaccine is if they aren’t doing anything. Thought if the covid vaccine would come then we all would get our interviews by now but guess not.

Expiration for K1 were extended. 

Timeline
On 5/18/2021 at 1:10 PM, sandiegodan2020 said:

We did and I know others have. Because the embassy is starting up again they may have changed procedures.

I would call the approved Drs and they will tell you what they need. they have the list. they are cash only and costs about 600.

They also take digital photos at the medical.

Drs are booking up now because everyone that had expired medicals is getting them again  so better to try to get it done and then email the embassy with your status. 

last week of the month is when they populate interview dates 

Wait $600 USD?! wow.... Okay thanks for the update. Also, as far as getting an interview, did you just hangout on the website all day until one popped up or did you call the embassy and they scheduled it for you? Thank you!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, sarac4479 said:

Wait $600 USD?! wow.... Okay thanks for the update. Also, as far as getting an interview, did you just hangout on the website all day until one popped up or did you call the embassy and they scheduled it for you? Thank you!!

Yes it was $600 USD. That included the shots and blood tests.

We could not get a date until after we had the medical and emailed the embassy.

Also we read that appointments are added to the website on the last week of the month.

I checked Monday of the last week of the month and that's when appointments popped up.

Timeline
1 minute ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

Yes it was $600 USD. That included the shots and blood tests.

We could not get a date until after we had the medical and emailed the embassy.

Also we read that appointments are added to the website on the last week of the month.

I checked Monday of the last week of the month and that's when appointments popped up.

Ugh, so expensive. But okay, thank you for the information! It's hard to figure out exactly what to do haha. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have a question about affidavit of support form (i-134 form). I want to know if It is necessary that my fiancé mail me the original form by post so I can get the original form to the embassy appointment or I can print the copy of it. I would really appreciate if you can help me. 
wish you all the best. 

Timeline
On 5/20/2021 at 9:37 AM, sarac4479 said:

Ugh, so expensive. But okay, thank you for the information! It's hard to figure out exactly what to do haha. 

We cleared the interview today. Approved. Asked about 20 minutes worth of questions. Did not ask for the I134. They only kept the DS 160 receipt. The birth certificate. Police certificate.

Fiancee did walk in with plenty of documents. The I134 I had it in a three ring binder with supporting evidence tabs behind it. 

Wr also had a photo album plus other documents well organized.

The consul that did the interview did not ask for any documents at all. Documents were asked in another station prior to reaching the interview.

They did not look at the I134 at all. Nor ask for photos or texts or anything else.

Consul just verified all the info on the I129f. Answrrd all the quarions correct and got approved

Edited by sandiegodan2020
additional information

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Also approved today! 

Questions asked:

- What is your fiance's name?

- How did you meet your fiance?

- How many times has your fiance visited?

- What does your fiance do for a living?

- Where will you live in the States?

He was done within an hour! 🙏🏻

Timeline
29 minutes ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

We cleared the interview today. Approved. Asked about 20 minutes worth of questions. Did not ask for the I134. They only kept the DS 160 receipt. The birth certificate. Police certificate.

Fiancee did walk in with plenty of documents. The I134 I had it in a three ring binder with supporting evidence tabs behind it. 

Wr also had a photo album plus other documents well organized.

The consul that did the interview did not ask for any documents at all. Documents were asked in another station prior to reaching the interview.

They did not look at the I134 at all. Nor ask for photos or texts or anything else.

Consul just verified all the info on the I129f. Answrrd all the quarions correct and got approved

Congrats!!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, PyGP04 said:

Also approved today! 

Questions asked:

- What is your fiance's name?

- How did you meet your fiance?

- How many times has your fiance visited?

- What does your fiance do for a living?

- Where will you live in the States?

He was done within an hour! 🙏🏻

Quick question about the 3rd question! Has you fiancé visited you? I want to visit my fiancé but I don’t know if there will be an issue on the case. I hope it doesn’t since I haven’t seen him for 2 years and I want to visit this summer since I know I’ll be at NVC stage for awhile

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.