Greenbaum

JANUARY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

282 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, smile101 said:

They wouldn’t send my expedite so I emailed the embassy yesterday and I’m waiting for them to respond 

Oh I didn’t know you could send your expedited request directly to the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 3/18/2021 at 7:58 PM, kjmdrumz3 said:

Thanks for the info. I THINK we got packet 3 today? https://sv.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/202/Instruction-Packet-3.5.pdf We have completed this.

We scheduled the medical exam. They only accept cash and you have to take $625 cash.

Medical appointments are filling up.

Dr will give you a list of things to bring besides a wad of money.

5 photos. Copies of the packet 4 letter. Copies of Vax records inside a Manila envelope. Etc. They give you the list.

On appointments. Nothing yet. However, the medical exam is next of the to-do list that's part of packet 4 so we are following the list.

They are scheduling appointments 21 days out.

Medical exam is good for 6 months. We are counting on having an interview before then.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Olga88 said:

@sandiegodan2020 do you have your interview date already? 

Not yet no. But we know there are dates opening up. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 3/13/2021 at 7:42 AM, PyGP04 said:

@TB&V Hi, another Honduras applicant! Our NOA2 was in February, but I was wondering if you had heard anything about your case yet? Can't find too much information on the Tegus Consulate website. Thanks!

Hey,  I haven't heard anything until today 3/30/21..I received an email from NVC stating our case would be sent to the embassy in Tegucigalpa. It could take several weeks. That's all I got since I called for the case number. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 3/19/2021 at 2:27 AM, Groom&BrideToBe~ said:

If the local embassy has resumed / doing an interviews like normal again, they will requested the NVC to transfer the file to them. 

I learned that, the NVC will transfer the files per batch every Tuesday and Wednesday ( and every two weeks in a month ) on March, they had sent the files on 2nd or 3rd March & 16th or 17th March. Probably, the next batch would be this 30th or 31st March. (This just an estimation) 

This seems to be correct.I received an email today 3/30/2021, saying my case would be transferred to the embassy. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I received the packet page 3 from my embassy today but I am still blocked from scheduling an interview. I checked my case status it still says ready and is updated today.  Nothing has changed . Has anyone experienced this ? And if so what can I do to make them release my case number to be scheduled?

Timeline
On 3/30/2021 at 4:15 PM, Ms. Clarke said:

I received the packet page 3 from my embassy today but I am still blocked from scheduling an interview. I checked my case status it still says ready and is updated today.  Nothing has changed . Has anyone experienced this ? And if so what can I do to make them release my case number to be scheduled?

I would call or email the NVC and get a case number. I got them to email me the letter that had all the information I needed.

Once you have a case number then follow the instructions on packet 3.

For us it was about filling out the DS160 and setting up an account at the US travel docs website.

There you can update your profile. Pay the MRV fee. And finally scehdule an interview.

First you have to submit the DS160 and follow whatever instruction they give you on the packet 3.

Timeline
16 hours ago, DeysiT said:

What is the difference between Packet 3 and Packet 4?

I think this may vary per embassy. For us packet 3 was actually 3.5 due to covid accomodations. Packet 3 had instructions on filling out the DS160 and how they wanted me to email them the confirmation pqge once we submitted the DS160.

Then they also wanted us to set up an account and update the profile on the US Travel Docs website.

Packet 4 comes after you do everything in packet 3. It gives you the instructions for paying the MRV fee. The letter itself gets you into the medical appointment so you can make the medical appointment. And it gives you the rest of the instructions on what to bring where and when and finally how to schedule your interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 3/31/2021 at 10:46 PM, sandiegodan2020 said:

I would call or email the NVC and get a case number. I got them to email me the letter that had all the information I needed.

Once you have a case number then follow the instructions on packet 3.

For us it was about filling out the DS160 and setting up an account at the US travel docs website.

There you can update your profile. Pay the MRV fee. And finally scehdule an interview.

First you have to submit the DS160 and follow whatever instruction they give you on the packet 3.

I have my case number. I received the email with instructions/packet 3. I filled out the ds 160 . There is no fee to do so in Jamaica. I pay the fee when scheduling the appointment for an interview. But that ais site keeps saying my case number is not ready for an interview. But my application status says ready to schedule. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/1/2021 at 12:51 AM, sandiegodan2020 said:

I think this may vary per embassy. For us packet 3 was actually 3.5 due to covid accomodations. Packet 3 had instructions on filling out the DS160 and how they wanted me to email them the confirmation pqge once we submitted the DS160.

Then they also wanted us to set up an account and update the profile on the US Travel Docs website.

Packet 4 comes after you do everything in packet 3. It gives you the instructions for paying the MRV fee. The letter itself gets you into the medical appointment so you can make the medical appointment. And it gives you the rest of the instructions on what to bring where and when and finally how to schedule your interview.

Any news? We submitted packet 3 three or weeks ago and still nothing. When we call, we are on hold for a long time and then disconnected, etc. I’m just about done with this #######. 

Timeline
On 4/20/2021 at 1:48 PM, kjmdrumz3 said:

Any news? We submitted packet 3 three or weeks ago and still nothing. When we call, we are on hold for a long time and then disconnected, etc. I’m just about done with this #######. 

Hello. We completed the medical. Have done everything from packet 4 and all we have left is the interview.

No luck securing an interview.

I emailed them and they told me to check the Ustraveldocs website.

Nothing there.

My next step after making calls Monday is going to my congressman for assistance.

Edited by sandiegodan2020

Timeline
On 4/20/2021 at 1:48 PM, kjmdrumz3 said:

Hello. Checked the ustraveldocs website this morning and there were several interview slots available. We got one for May.

There were at least 5 other slots available.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.