Greenbaum

JANUARY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

282 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 3/15/2021 at 2:38 PM, kjmdrumz3 said:

I see that you are going through El Slavador also. Have you had any luck in getting an appointment? They keep telling my fiancee and I that therer are none available, they're backlogged a year, and to check back everyday. Yet there was another couple whose paperwork arrived in November and they had a December interview.

Did you get your packet 4 already? And were you able to get the medical exam?

We got an email with what looks like the letter with instructions to go get exam done and I am assuming this is packet 4.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

Did you get your packet 4 already? And were you able to get the medical exam?

We got an email with what looks like the letter with instructions to go get exam done and I am assuming this is packet 4.

We haven’t received ANYTHING from the embassy. We are going through a company/attorney though. I don’t know what a Packet 3 or Packet 4 is. We did the DS-160 and paid the $265, but we haven’t received any paperwork from the embassy. When I go online to cgifederal or whatever the website is, we have a receipt number, etc. and our status shows as “ready” but cannot make an appointment for anything. I’m starting to get really frustrated. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, kjmdrumz3 said:

We haven’t received ANYTHING from the embassy. We are going through a company/attorney though. I don’t know what a Packet 3 or Packet 4 is. We did the DS-160 and paid the $265, but we haven’t received any paperwork from the embassy. When I go online to cgifederal or whatever the website is, we have a receipt number, etc. and our status shows as “ready” but cannot make an appointment for anything. I’m starting to get really frustrated. 

You should email the embassy at  congensansal@state.gov and use your NVC case number at the subject line.

Give them all the usual information like petitioner full name, beneficiary full name, DOB's, etc.

Then ask them to email you the packet 4 information, and tell them you are ready for interview.

If you already signed up at https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/, then get your User ID number from that page. This is the number at the top to the right of your email address.

you can schedule a medical with that number already and the packet 4 letter. (we are getting clarification on this)

Here is basically the instructions that come in packet 4, but you will need that letter anyhow to make an appointment for the medical.

https://sv.usembassy.gov/es/visas-es/immigrant-visas-es/fiancee-es/case-status-es/

There are appointments opened for the end of March on the cgifederal profile , however, you have to do like people do when they are hunting for a covid vaccine. They drop appointments in here and there and they get taken up fast. I do not know if they drop throughout the day or at midnight/5am, but basically you have to be on watch for an appointment to open up and sign up.

that is what we are doing.

30 minutes ago, Jenny&bismar said:

how long does it take to get a response from the NVC after submitting an expedited request.

I've seen  anywhere from within a few days to up to a week. When did you submit your expedite

6 minutes ago, JojoandTomas said:

I've seen  anywhere from within a few days to up to a week. When did you submit your expedite

I submitted mine on the 8th of march and still haven't gotten a response.

Timeline
6 hours ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

You should email the embassy at  congensansal@state.gov and use your NVC case number at the subject line.

Give them all the usual information like petitioner full name, beneficiary full name, DOB's, etc.

Then ask them to email you the packet 4 information, and tell them you are ready for interview.

If you already signed up at https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/, then get your User ID number from that page. This is the number at the top to the right of your email address.

you can schedule a medical with that number already and the packet 4 letter. (we are getting clarification on this)

Here is basically the instructions that come in packet 4, but you will need that letter anyhow to make an appointment for the medical.

https://sv.usembassy.gov/es/visas-es/immigrant-visas-es/fiancee-es/case-status-es/

There are appointments opened for the end of March on the cgifederal profile , however, you have to do like people do when they are hunting for a covid vaccine. They drop appointments in here and there and they get taken up fast. I do not know if they drop throughout the day or at midnight/5am, but basically you have to be on watch for an appointment to open up and sign up.

that is what we are doing.

Thanks for the info. I THINK we got packet 3 today? https://sv.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/202/Instruction-Packet-3.5.pdf We have completed this.

Timeline
1 hour ago, kjmdrumz3 said:

Thanks for the info. I THINK we got packet 3 today? https://sv.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/202/Instruction-Packet-3.5.pdf We have completed this.

Yes that's packet 3. You are on your way. However. Since you already filled out the DS160 and paid the MRV and signed up st thr VIC then you are ready for packet 4.

If you email they respond in two days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, mariabsaibes said:

Hello if I got the case number and the embassy in my country is scheduling interviews, will nvc send my file to the embassy directly or is there a long wait also? 

If the local embassy has resumed / doing an interviews like normal again, they will requested the NVC to transfer the file to them. 

I learned that, the NVC will transfer the files per batch every Tuesday and Wednesday ( and every two weeks in a month ) on March, they had sent the files on 2nd or 3rd March & 16th or 17th March. Probably, the next batch would be this 30th or 31st March. (This just an estimation) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.