Greenbaum

JANUARY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

282 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 2/17/2021 at 11:46 AM, TB&V said:

Good Morning y'all, 

Called NVC today after a 55min hold. I found out they received our case Feb 9th. I have a case number, not sure when that was assigned. But it's still going.. I'm happy..

@TB&V Hi, another Honduras applicant! Our NOA2 was in February, but I was wondering if you had heard anything about your case yet? Can't find too much information on the Tegus Consulate website. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 3/7/2021 at 8:30 AM, Ms. Clarke said:

Ready means that our petition is at the embassy already?

Yes. Ready to go. After we file ds160 we are ready gor medical and interview.

Hello guys I've received my case and invoice number yesterday.

I was logging in to ceac website. They said that i should file ds160. Should i do so and pay for it? And what is the purpose of doing it? 

Or should I wait till the status becomes in transit 

Please help thank you 

Screenshot_20210314_101819_com.android.chrome.jpg

@mariabsaibes congrats on receiving your case number. You can submit the ds-160 right away or wait till the case is in transit, it doesn't really matter. (I prefer to wait till it's in transit as I know it left the NVC). You will be asked for information about yourself and your family, passport number, past travels to the US etc. 

The US embassy in Lebanon is scheduling interviews for K1 Visas, even though the website states otherwise.

Best of luck :D

22 minutes ago, Ahmadammar said:

@mariabsaibes congrats on receiving your case number. You can submit the ds-160 right away or wait till the case is in transit, it doesn't really matter. (I prefer to wait till it's in transit as I know it left the NVC). You will be asked for information about yourself and your family, passport number, past travels to the US etc. 

The US embassy in Lebanon is scheduling interviews for K1 Visas, even though the website states otherwise.

Best of luck :D

Thank you so much dear. It seems that you are from Lebanon too!

Our timeline is pretty similar. I got approved February 12. Yours is February 16. Hope everything is going well with your visa process. 

My Fiancé called nvc Friday 12 march at 7 AM, he waited about 45 mins and received his case and invoice number directly! I wasn't expecting that honestly. 

Hope yours is as smooth as mine 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

I wish that was the truth for me . My embassy put a block on my case number and said it is still not ready to schedule. I’m just getting my paperwork together and waiting in the meantime.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
58 minutes ago, mariabsaibes said:

Hello guys I've received my case and invoice number yesterday.

I was logging in to ceac website. They said that i should file ds160. Should i do so and pay for it? And what is the purpose of doing it? 

Or should I wait till the status becomes in transit 

Please help thank you 

Screenshot_20210314_101819_com.android.chrome.jpg

It was no fee when I filled mine out. 

57 minutes ago, mariabsaibes said:

Hello the I-134 form expired on 28 February 2021 and there is no new update for it.

How should we submit it for the interview if it is expired?

If you scroll down it says the following:

Edition Date

02/13/19. We will publish a new edition of this form soon. In the meantime, you may continue using the 02/13/19 edition despite the expiration date. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.

Dates are listed in mm/dd/yy format.

Timeline
On 3/14/2021 at 12:16 AM, sandiegodan2020 said:

I see that you are going through El Slavador also. Have you had any luck in getting an appointment? They keep telling my fiancee and I that therer are none available, they're backlogged a year, and to check back everyday. Yet there was another couple whose paperwork arrived in November and they had a December interview.

Timeline
1 minute ago, kjmdrumz3 said:

I see that you are going through El Slavador also. Have you had any luck in getting an appointment? They keep telling my fiancee and I that therer are none available, they're backlogged a year, and to check back everyday. Yet there was another couple whose paperwork arrived in November and they had a December interview.

We have not so far.  We submitted the completed DS 160. We paid the MRV fee of $265. Updated the profile on the US travel docs website.

All we are waiting for is instructions from the embassy on getting the medical and interview.

I emailed the embassy directly to get the service pack 3. First they sent me the wrong one. Then I asked for confirmation and we got the correct one.

We are just waiting now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.