Greenbaum

JANUARY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

282 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I got an email today with our case number. Checked the status and the file is in transit. So we are moving. I did the DHL hack and the file is scheduled to arrive Friday the 5th. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline
6 hours ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

I got an email today with our case number. Checked the status and the file is in transit. So we are moving. I did the DHL hack and the file is scheduled to arrive Friday the 5th. 

Congratulations. Did you update your email?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Olga88 said:

Congratulations. Did you update your email?

Yes I sent NVC an email probably too soon but they replied saying they had added the emails to the file.  No case number yet. Then I waited 3 weeks and sent another email. What I received was a PDF letter with a case number. When I checked the status online it was in transit already.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
26 minutes ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

Yes I sent NVC an email probably too soon but they replied saying they had added the emails to the file.  No case number yet. Then I waited 3 weeks and sent another email. What I received was a PDF letter with a case number. When I checked the status online it was in transit already.

Had you sent them both the petitioners and beneficiaries emails? And did NVC email you both  the PDF letter?

Edited by DeysiT

Timeline
7 hours ago, DeysiT said:

Had you sent them both the petitioners and beneficiaries emails? And did NVC email you both  the PDF letter?

I sent them both emails. Petitioner and beneficiary. Petitioner is the only one that got emailed back. Maybe because it was petitioner that communicated with them.

I used the inquiry form.

Was trying to be patient but didn't hear anything from the NVC 50 days after the NOA2 approval. I called the non immigrant visa line and was able to request my case number in about 30 minutes. Funny enough when you go to use that number you need to check it against the immigrant visa page on the CEAC website.

Colombia is still going to be processing a huge backlog but I'm hoping if we get our DS160 done right away and setup some alerts we can schedule the visa as soon as we get notice from the NVC. Best of luck all things seem to be picking up a bit.

1 hour ago, bogotaCO said:

Was trying to be patient but didn't hear anything from the NVC 50 days after the NOA2 approval. I called the non immigrant visa line and was able to request my case number in about 30 minutes. Funny enough when you go to use that number you need to check it against the immigrant visa page on the CEAC website.

Colombia is still going to be processing a huge backlog but I'm hoping if we get our DS160 done right away and setup some alerts we can schedule the visa as soon as we get notice from the NVC. Best of luck all things seem to be picking up a bit.

Doing your DS-160 right away will not make it faster in any way. They will contact you when it’s your turn in the queue. It’s just information might change as the time goes (addresses jobs etc,) so don’t rush to do it as it won’t make it quicker unfortunately.

Edited by powerpuff

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

NVCexpedite@state.gov But they need a reason and proof to expedite. 

I did use that email but I haven’t received any of those confirmations like how they email you right away with the Inquiry 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, smile101 said:

I did use that email but I haven’t received any of those confirmations like how they email you right away with the Inquiry 

It take time for them to get to your request, once they open your email to review, you will get an email. And once the decision is made you will get another email. 

Edited by Shaz1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So a few weeks ago, we saw online that our case was approved and then by checking after again the approval date changed to three weeks from the initial date of approval. Has anyone experienced this? Now we have to wait longer than what we were already waiting for.

Timeline

So our file is at the embassy and NVC changed status to ready. I just emailed the embassy asking for packet 3.  if I dont hear back will call them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.