Greenbaum

JANUARY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

282 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
16 hours ago, ClosingtheGap said:

Hello Everyone,

Our case status switched to "Ready" today and we received the email from the US Embassy in Kuwait! The only problem is they scheduled the interview for us on March 24th, but currently there is a travel ban in Kuwait. My fiance is flying back from visiting her family and has to quarantine in Dubai, however it is uncertain if she can enter Kuwait in time for the medical exam. Does anyone have any information about rescheduling an interview with the Embassy? At this time I am researching, sending an email to the Embassy, and calling the US Embassy when they open in Kuwait. I really hope they will just push back the appointment time. I wish you all the best of luck during these troubling times.   

NVC-Ready(1).JPG

Just curios: did the petitioner and/or the beneficiary receive the email from US Embassy?

Edited by DeysiT

Hi everyone! 

My first post! And I am a bit stressed and confused :) 

We just got our case number and the status is showing now “at NVC”. I haven’t received any letter or email so far. 

I read already the pdf but I still don’t know what exactly I have to do next. Is there anything I have to pay now or to upload some files online.. ? 

There are a lot of steps here (photo attached) but I am not sure if this will apply for K1 or not!

thank you 🙏 and good luck to all with the cases and interviews! 

FA97735D-E524-4E20-9ECA-557841893A27.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

NVC received my case Feb 17th but has not yet sent it to the embassy. The man at NVC said they have a big backlog and no ETA. I got my NVC case number.

Edited by daniel_and_lily

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline
9 hours ago, DeysiT said:

Received NOA2 in the mail last week. The beneficiary has been assigned an A number. Is this Alien Registration Number?

As far as i know yes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Olga88 said:

@DeysiT btw we have been approved at the same date, could you inform me whenever the NVC receives your case please 

Yaay!! Sure i will. I was thinking of waiting atleast 3 weeks from NOA2 date before calling NVC. I think average it takes them like 4 weeks to assign a case number

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, DeysiT said:

I was thinking of waiting atleast 3 weeks from NOA2 date before calling NVC. I think average it takes them like 4 weeks to assign a case number

3-4 weeks is an average,you can call them after 3 and see if they have it yet.

On 2/24/2021 at 2:03 PM, Maria Mar said:

We just got our case number and the status is showing now “at NVC”. I haven’t received any letter or email so far. 

I read already the pdf but I still don’t know what exactly I have to do next. Is there anything I have to pay now or to upload some files online.. ? 

for now just be patient,it could sit at the NVC for several weeks as some of the embassies are not accepting any cases due to the covid issues

10/25/2016 Hard copy date NOA1                                            09/12/2017  AOS paperwork mailed

11/25/2016 RFE  app update                                                      09/13/2017 AOS paperwork rcvd in Chicago

12/02/2016 RFE hard copy received                                          09/18/2017 AOS paperwork accepted

12/03/2016 RFE information mailed to Ca.Service Center    10/18/2017 AOS case status  Ready to schedule appointment

12/06/2016 App Case update RFE Information Received      11/17/2017 biometrics completed

12/21/2016 App case update Approved (57 days)                 1/8/2018  Interview completed but being reviewed

12/26/2017 NOA 2 hard copy received                                     1/11/2018   I 765 approved

1/03/2017  NVC received case                                                  1/19/2018  EAD/AP combo card received

1/04/2017  NVC issued case number                                       1/23/2018  AOS approved

1/05/2017  Case status changed to in transit                         1/27/2018 Card mailed     

1/10/2017  Case status set to Ready                                       10/23/2019 I 751 mailed to dallas

1/16/2017  Medical exam completed                                       09/24/2020 RFE received

1/18/2017  CFO completed                                                        10/28/2020  RFE info received

1/26/2017  Interview completed                                                11/10/2020 approved                                         

2/13/2017  Case status "ISSUED"                                               12/10.2020 10 year card received

2/17/2017  Visa in hand                                                               07/31/2021 N400 FILED ONLINE

2/24/2017  POE Chicago                                                              08/05/2021 interview scheduled

05/15/2017 Married 🙂

On 2/24/2021 at 12:49 PM, DeysiT said:

Just curios: did the petitioner and/or the beneficiary receive the email from US Embassy?

No just me the petitioner received the email.

After putting a request with NVC on February 19, they got back just today March 2 and finally changed the consulate to the correct one 😤   Now I'll be watching it like a hawk 👀  I wonder how long it's going to be at NVC....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.