Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

665 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Thewander said:

Our case is still at Nvc. I’ve requested for it to be moved to Dublin but they said it has to be requested. So I asked the embassy to request it from Nvc and they said the Nvc has to send it. They just keep sending me in circles. Is yours still at Nvc?

You received an email from Nvc?

I haven't heard anything so far,  I had just rec'd one email couple of weeks back stating they understand the situation and will prioritise spousal visas when conditions permit but the status still says the case is at NVC which means I will have to wait until the appointment is scheduled. I hope its soon. 

2 hours ago, RobCunners said:

SIRE, thanks for posting this, I have stopped checking the US embassy website as of a few weeks ago (watched kettle etc.)!!!!! Although I am no better off (DQ'd for IR-1 last 19/11/2020), this has made my day and given me some hope.

Thewander, I have gotten the same run around (think that Spiderman cartoon meme where they are all pointing to each other), the US consulate will indicate to the NVC (I think) when they are ready to process the paperwork in Dublin and then the NVC makes the interview appointment. I guess it is an easy out for them to refer queries to the other party... I also got that automated email from the US consulate (unsolicited) saying that they will review situation etc.

Glad to hear! let's all keep in touch over this forums to see how things progress. Good luck!! 

Timeline

I could be wrong but it seems like people DQd in September have been passed on to the Dublin embassy (some having cancelled interviews in January) and those DQed from October onwards are still at the NVC...hoping we start moving soon ❤️

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline
1 hour ago, Linos said:

I could be wrong but it seems like people DQd in September have been passed on to the Dublin embassy (some having cancelled interviews in January) and those DQed from October onwards are still at the NVC...hoping we start moving soon ❤️

That seems to be the case. We’re October and still at Nvc 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Thewander said:

0E83D8F6-0D96-4C08-AEC0-BD2D064D9D05.png

Has it been confirmed or are they just messing around? 

"We can confirm that our office is currently providing emergency and mission-critical immigrant visas and will continue to do so as resources and local conditions allow."
Now we just have to find out what counts as being "emergency" or "mission-critical!"

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
7 hours ago, neca said:

"We can confirm that our office is currently providing emergency and mission-critical immigrant visas and will continue to do so as resources and local conditions allow."
Now we just have to find out what counts as being "emergency" or "mission-critical!"

Mission critical would be spousal visas but from what I heard yesterday, a k1 and f1 were both scheduled. So that’s confusing and frustrating, as always in this wonderful game of clue! 

4 minutes ago, SIRE said:

I wonder if anyone heard anything about their cancelled appointments being rescheduled? Also wondering if college visas hold equal priority as spousal?

I haven’t heard of anyone hearing about a cancelled appointment. Just one k1 and one f1 getting interviews in March. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, SIRE said:

I'd assume spousal takes priority too. Let's see. I expect some activity in the coming days - may be I am just too optimistic and hyped. 

I really do hope so. I don’t want to get too excited since I’ve been let down so many times. But I hope this is it

Timeline

Hi all,

Here is a spreadsheet of K1 and CR1 applicants in Ireland 🇮🇪 Hopefully we can get a better picture of timelines and scheduling at the embassy. Feel free to add your dates in 💕

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-E3f7cpyBqmL4uwxUG2BqZAEgKdurwrvGULWUltdZvQ/edit

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline
21 hours ago, Linos said:

Hi all,

Here is a spreadsheet of K1 and CR1 applicants in Ireland 🇮🇪 Hopefully we can get a better picture of timelines and scheduling at the embassy. Feel free to add your dates in 💕

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-E3f7cpyBqmL4uwxUG2BqZAEgKdurwrvGULWUltdZvQ/edit

Thanks so much! I see one interview is scheduled for March. I'll add mine from laptop shortly. 

Hoping that this brings some light / hope to people! My husband had his interview scheduled for Jan 12th. Obviously canceled due to lockdown. BUT last Wednesday, he received an email rescheduling his interview for tomorrow (March 3rd)!! This has taken way too long and has kept my husband from our 18 month daughter for longer that we bought thought it would. Can’t wait for it to be all over. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, peachickens said:

Hoping that this brings some light / hope to people! My husband had his interview scheduled for Jan 12th. Obviously canceled due to lockdown. BUT last Wednesday, he received an email rescheduling his interview for tomorrow (March 3rd)!! This has taken way too long and has kept my husband from our 18 month daughter for longer that we bought thought it would. Can’t wait for it to be all over. 

Best of luck!!! I am sure the medical and rest of the formalities are all done. 

Still waiting to hear on interview scheduling, eager to get over the line now after a long waiting period.

Timeline
3 hours ago, peachickens said:

Congrats! When we’re you DQed 

54 minutes ago, SIRE said:

Best of luck!!! I am sure the medical and rest of the formalities are all done. 

Still waiting to hear on interview scheduling, eager to get over the line now after a long waiting period.

I’m hoping to hear soon too. It’s killing me! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.