Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

665 posts in this topic

Congratulations! Glad it went well. Hopefully you can sort out the name thing pretty easily.

My husband had his interview and we were refused because my proof of domicile wasn't good enough (we both live here in Ireland together). I had a letter from my parents stating that we would be living with them when we move, but it it wasn't notarized so it was rejected and he was given his passport back. My parents got the letter notarized and I submitted it along with other evidence (US voting records, US bank account, US investments, etc), it was accepted, and now we have our visa in hand. Overall, the process was really smooth and quick. Here is a timeline for anyone interested:

Documentarily approved by NVC: September 3

Given interview date: September 24

Medical: October 5

Interview: October 7 (asked for additional documents)

Uploaded additional documents: October 7

Posted passport to embassy: October 12

Status updated to issued: October 15

Received tracking email: October 18

Passport with visa delivered: October 19

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
12 hours ago, MoyVilla9 said:

Any updates on how things are going in Dublin? Did anyone here get an interview date recently? Just got DQ last night, and wondering what sort of time frame I'm looking at. 

My husband got DQed a couple months ago and his interview scheduled 2-3 days after! They seem to be moving pretty quick

20 hours ago, MoyVilla9 said:

Any updates on how things are going in Dublin? Did anyone here get an interview date recently? Just got DQ last night, and wondering what sort of time frame I'm looking at. 

We got DQ'd 27th October, still waiting but fingers crossed something comes through soon 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I'm a long-time lurker here, just posting my first question even though we're in the final stretch. Our medical is tomorrow and Interview is next week. 

Just wondering what my husband can expect at the medical tomorrow? It's hard to find anything the explains what will actually happen at the appointment. And are they sending results directly to the embassy at the moment?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/20/2021 at 4:05 PM, heatherk said:

Congratulations! Glad it went well. Hopefully you can sort out the name thing pretty easily.

My husband had his interview and we were refused because my proof of domicile wasn't good enough (we both live here in Ireland together). I had a letter from my parents stating that we would be living with them when we move, but it it wasn't notarized so it was rejected and he was given his passport back. My parents got the letter notarized and I submitted it along with other evidence (US voting records, US bank account, US investments, etc), it was accepted, and now we have our visa in hand. Overall, the process was really smooth and quick. Here is a timeline for anyone interested:

Documentarily approved by NVC: September 3

Given interview date: September 24

Medical: October 5

Interview: October 7 (asked for additional documents)

Uploaded additional documents: October 7

Posted passport to embassy: October 12

Status updated to issued: October 15

Received tracking email: October 18

Passport with visa delivered: October 19

Great to see the quick timeline!

Question for you: Did you provide proof that you are currently domiciled in the US or rather that you intend to re-establish domicile?

Timeline
On 12/8/2021 at 10:16 AM, kgow9 said:

Hey everyone,

I had my interview and was approved on the 2nd Dec, just wondered how long it took to get passport delivered ? CEAC status still says ready 

We're still waiting. Also approved Dec 2nd and status says Ready.

5 minutes ago, Niamh said:

We're still waiting. Also approved Dec 2nd and status says Ready.

Sorry to hear that, it’s such a painful wait. My status moved to administrative processing on Thursday 9th, then went to issued about 2 hours after that. I received tracking on Friday 10th and my passport is out for delivery today. 

fingers crossed your status changed soon

Timeline

We're now two weeks past interview, where my husband was approved (Dec 2nd). And our CEAC status still says Ready. 
We can't even followup as they won't reply unless it's been 15 working days. This is the hardest wait ever. 

On 12/16/2021 at 5:04 PM, Niamh said:

We're now two weeks past interview, where my husband was approved (Dec 2nd). And our CEAC status still says Ready. 
We can't even followup as they won't reply unless it's been 15 working days. This is the hardest wait ever. 

Hopefully it has moved for you. I was the same interview date, and my case went from rejected (as I needed to submit updated financial sponsor forms) to Administrative Processing on Friday the 17th to Issued today. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MoyVilla9 said:

Hopefully it has moved for you. I was the same interview date, and my case went from rejected (as I needed to submit updated financial sponsor forms) to Administrative Processing on Friday the 17th to Issued today. 

That's great! Congratulations. Ours still says Ready. It's very disheartening. We've emailed, but the auto-reply says they won't reply until it's been 15 working days. Luckily our move date isn't until March, but it's stressful wondering what the hold-up is. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.