Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

665 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to write in here for advice.

My husband and I are processing through London Embassy. (I am in Northern Ireland hence why writing here)

We were DQ'd on 26/02/21. Its almost been 6 months.

1 month ago we received the NVC email which stated that they accepted our request for expedite. 

We are STILL waiting for NVC to transfer our case to the embassy.

Our little girl hasn't seen her father in 6 months. 

We are heartbroken and fed up.

Am I correct in believing that some of you have been DQ'd after February and have interviews already? We have no idea why London is taking so long. 

Sorry. I know this isn't the place. We just have no idea what we are going to do anymore. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Ended up getting a replacement interview due to the cancellation of the Juneteenth. I had my visa medical in the Mater yesterday so they had to give me my passport back for that.

I was told by the embassy to send my passport to them by DPD but when I tried they said passports are prohibited item. I asked the embassy and they said “As soon as you receive notification from the Mater Private that they have done this, please contact us again and we will update your profile to request your passport through the DPD courier service.”

Has anyone else had to do this or did you send it to them in an alternative way like registered post with An Post? 

thanks a mill 

Timeline
5 hours ago, JasonF5 said:

Hey everyone,

Ended up getting a replacement interview due to the cancellation of the Juneteenth. I had my visa medical in the Mater yesterday so they had to give me my passport back for that.

I was told by the embassy to send my passport to them by DPD but when I tried they said passports are prohibited item. I asked the embassy and they said “As soon as you receive notification from the Mater Private that they have done this, please contact us again and we will update your profile to request your passport through the DPD courier service.”

Has anyone else had to do this or did you send it to them in an alternative way like registered post with An Post? 

thanks a mill 

Congrats on the interview! I had to obtain Italian police reports (found out on the day of my interview last Thursday) and they also told me to post it back to them with my passport. I ended up just posting it back to them yesterday with anPost. I bought registered, express for 12 euro and it was delivered today (according to the anPost tracker) I was a little nervous but waiting for the embassy to confirm it is safely with them 🥵

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline
6 hours ago, SB0402 said:

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to write in here for advice.

My husband and I are processing through London Embassy. (I am in Northern Ireland hence why writing here)

We were DQ'd on 26/02/21. Its almost been 6 months.

1 month ago we received the NVC email which stated that they accepted our request for expedite. 

We are STILL waiting for NVC to transfer our case to the embassy.

Our little girl hasn't seen her father in 6 months. 

We are heartbroken and fed up.

Am I correct in believing that some of you have been DQ'd after February and have interviews already? We have no idea why London is taking so long. 

Sorry. I know this isn't the place. We just have no idea what we are going to do anymore. 

Sorry to hear that :( I am not sure what is going on with London embassy, I thought they were at a similar pace to Dublin but apparently not. I was DQed in Feb 2021 and had my interview and it looks like others in this thread who were DQed in April/May 2021 have had interviews scheduled too.

Edited by Linos

USCIS 

NVC 

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical

Timeline
22 hours ago, Linos said:

This happened to me too - there's an email address mentioned during that registration step (I think someone shared it in this thread a few pages back) Basically you email them about the error and they unblock your case number :) 

Yeah, I tried the email address on Monday morning. Heard back from them yesterday evening (36hrs later) and they said it can take a week to set things up on their end and to email again next week if I still can’t register. A little annoying. Seems like an unnecessary waiting step in the process. Oh well, I’ll just keep trying every day. 

USCIS

Sep-2020 Married in Ireland

30-Oct-2020 - Submitted I-130 packet online

31-Oct-2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center)

##-Dec-2020 - Status Update (“Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS“)

31-Mar-2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 151 Days @ Nebraska Service Center)

NVC

03-Apr-2021 - Welcome Letter

09-Apr-2021 - Paid NVC Fees

##-Apr-2021 - Submit everything to NVC

03-May-2021 - Documents Qualified

Embassy

28-Jun-2021 - Interview Letter

20-Jul-2021 - Medical

20-Jul-2021 - Interview

05-Aug-2021 - CEAC status “Issued”

13-Aug-2021 - Visa in hand

##-Aug-2021 - Arrived to USA    👈 

Timeline
On 6/24/2021 at 2:33 PM, Kvickers4 said:

Hi, I know this is not the appropriate place to ask this, but I have been following this form and everyone is so helpful.

For those of you where you and your spouse are both living in Ireland, how did you provide proof of domicile? Our I-130 was approved on March 31st but we're having a nightmare with the NVC. They approved 90% of our documents then just went back and deleted all of our joint sponsors documents and said they I am not domiciled so I was denied. I explained on my application that I have been living here with my husband, I know our situation isn't unique so I don't know why they are asking for proof of domicile.

For our joint sponsor we used my mom and put her as a household member because we will be living with her when we move over. After approving the majority of her documents though, they went back and just removed her and said she does not qualify as a household member. Is that a mistake on my part or theirs?

Any help you guys can give will be appreciated so much. I lost my job in Ireland at the beginning of covid and have really been struggling away from my family. Getting these notifications today was such a blow knowing that we're going to the back of the line a second time 😔

Sorry for the late reply, your mother is not a household member as you are not currently living with her. She would fill out her own I-864, not an I-864A. You are not going to the back of the line necessarily, but it is a pausing point for you. If you utilize the search bar you can find loads of examples of what people submitted for domicile, you'll have to use what works best for you. Know that if you keep getting denied then you'll probably end up having to move back to the US, as that's the easiest way to prove domicile. I was able to prove domicile in the US through a combination of things including maintained US address, bank accounts, not establishing ties to Ireland, etc, but you might have to prove that you intend to re-establish domicile, of which there are loads of threads about just that (maybe even a guide too?). Research is your friend, and this site is a gift!

You would have definitely gotten better/more useful information in a more timely manner if you had just made a new thread in the NVC section of the forums. I don't know if you've done that in the time since you've posted this message.

Good luck!

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline

My CEAC status changed to issued this morning 🤩

Might be helpful for others who have to send additional docs in after the interview:
Monday 28th June - Posted documents and passport to embassy

Tuesday 29th June - Documents arrived at embassy

Wednesday 30th June - CEAC status went from refused to ready

Thursday 1st July - Status changed from ready to administrative processing to issued within an hour

USCIS 

NVC 

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical

4 hours ago, Pipaybang said:

Hello. Congratulations to all those who got their interviews. I just want to ask if there are any F2A categories here that have been DQ for a long time and waiting for interview. Or anyone who already got an interview date under that category.

Hi F21 here. Been DQ since March 2021 still no IL received.

On 7/1/2021 at 6:31 PM, Linos said:

My CEAC status changed to issued this morning 🤩

Might be helpful for others who have to send additional docs in after the interview:
Monday 28th June - Posted documents and passport to embassy

Tuesday 29th June - Documents arrived at embassy

Wednesday 30th June - CEAC status went from refused to ready

Thursday 1st July - Status changed from ready to administrative processing to issued within an hour

I've been reading over the instructions on the immigration website and came across the below and I wanted to get your thoughts on this.

Were you given your X-Rays after your medical? Are you planning on having them on you going thought customs. 

image.png.c05aad7aa5f424e37b4185835c1a58e0.png

Timeline
On 7/11/2021 at 9:55 AM, JimWahers1993 said:

I've been reading over the instructions on the immigration website and came across the below and I wanted to get your thoughts on this.

Were you given your X-Rays after your medical? Are you planning on having them on you going thought customs. 

image.png.c05aad7aa5f424e37b4185835c1a58e0.png

No the X-Rays are electronically sent to the embassy after the medical as part of your results and CBP officers have access to this when they are checking your visa out on arrival (or at preclearance in Dublin airport)

USCIS 

NVC 

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical

Hey Guys,

Had my interview today. 

I was asked to provide pictures of me and my wife together so glad I had those prepared. 

My application was rejected however as proof of my wife's citizenship was not scanned into CEAC. 

They told me that once I scan this in they will process my application straight away. 

When I left the embassy I realized that my wife's birth cert was in fact scanned in. I went ahead anyway and scanned both the birth cert and passport into both the affidavit of support sections and the applicant sections and emailed the embassy with screen shots. 

Anyway not a nice experience as this document was in fact scanned in. But these documents were not something I had been focusing on during my preparation so I wasn't able to challenge on this point. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.