Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

665 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi, I know this is not the appropriate place to ask this, but I have been following this form and everyone is so helpful.

For those of you where you and your spouse are both living in Ireland, how did you provide proof of domicile? Our I-130 was approved on March 31st but we're having a nightmare with the NVC. They approved 90% of our documents then just went back and deleted all of our joint sponsors documents and said they I am not domiciled so I was denied. I explained on my application that I have been living here with my husband, I know our situation isn't unique so I don't know why they are asking for proof of domicile.

For our joint sponsor we used my mom and put her as a household member because we will be living with her when we move over. After approving the majority of her documents though, they went back and just removed her and said she does not qualify as a household member. Is that a mistake on my part or theirs?

Any help you guys can give will be appreciated so much. I lost my job in Ireland at the beginning of covid and have really been struggling away from my family. Getting these notifications today was such a blow knowing that we're going to the back of the line a second time 😔

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Kvickers4 said:

Hi, I know this is not the appropriate place to ask this, but I have been following this form and everyone is so helpful.

For those of you where you and your spouse are both living in Ireland, how did you provide proof of domicile? Our I-130 was approved on March 31st but we're having a nightmare with the NVC. They approved 90% of our documents then just went back and deleted all of our joint sponsors documents and said they I am not domiciled so I was denied. I explained on my application that I have been living here with my husband, I know our situation isn't unique so I don't know why they are asking for proof of domicile.

For our joint sponsor we used my mom and put her as a household member because we will be living with her when we move over. After approving the majority of her documents though, they went back and just removed her and said she does not qualify as a household member. Is that a mistake on my part or theirs?

Any help you guys can give will be appreciated so much. I lost my job in Ireland at the beginning of covid and have really been struggling away from my family. Getting these notifications today was such a blow knowing that we're going to the back of the line a second time 😔

Hi,

We had the same situation here, where we were both living abroad. If you don't have any proof of domicile, you have to show that you have taken steps to reestablish domicile in the US. We submitted my wife's offer letter stating her start date, office, salary etc... and it worked. There's also other things like opening a bank account, housing, school for your kids... etc. If you maintained a bank account in the US, that helps too.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Lino_klm said:

Hi,

We had the same situation here, where we were both living abroad. If you don't have any proof of domicile, you have to show that you have taken steps to reestablish domicile in the US. We submitted my wife's offer letter stating her start date, office, salary etc... and it worked. There's also other things like opening a bank account, housing, school for your kids... etc. If you maintained a bank account in the US, that helps too.

I have my bank account still so I uploaded a copy of a statement, proof I'm registered to vote, and text messages from a potential employer where I said we are just waiting on my husbands green card. Hopefully all of that is enough for them. They certainly don't make this easy.

Thank you for your advice!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Did anyone have any difficulty getting a hold of the Mater in order to schedule a medical? Or have any tips for doing so?

I've called multiple times only for it to ring for 10+ minutes, I filled out the online form requesting an appointment over a week ago, and I've emailed with no response.

01/14/22 - I-131, I-485, I-765 submitted

01/18/22 - NOA for all received

02/14/22 - Biometrics Appt for I-485 and I-765

02/28/22 - Expedite request submitted for I-765

03/22/22 - I-765 approved and combo card is being produced

03/26/22 - Combo Card received in mail

05/16/23 - I-485 interview

05/17/23 - I-485 approved

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jimmy_Breen said:

Did anyone have any difficulty getting a hold of the Mater in order to schedule a medical? Or have any tips for doing so?

I've called multiple times only for it to ring for 10+ minutes, I filled out the online form requesting an appointment over a week ago, and I've emailed with no response.

Try calling first thing in the morning. 

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I was finally documentary qualified by NVC for my IR1 on the 15th of June. Does anyone know how long does it take for the Dublin embassy to schedule an appointment recently? 

Timeline
22 hours ago, NastasiaD said:

Hi Everyone,

I was finally documentary qualified by NVC for my IR1 on the 15th of June. Does anyone know how long does it take for the Dublin embassy to schedule an appointment recently? 

I was DQ’d in May and still waiting to hear. I’m expecting the letter will arrive in August for me. 

USCIS

Sep-2020 Married in Ireland

30-Oct-2020 - Submitted I-130 packet online

31-Oct-2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center)

##-Dec-2020 - Status Update (“Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS“)

31-Mar-2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 151 Days @ Nebraska Service Center)

NVC

03-Apr-2021 - Welcome Letter

09-Apr-2021 - Paid NVC Fees

##-Apr-2021 - Submit everything to NVC

03-May-2021 - Documents Qualified

Embassy

28-Jun-2021 - Interview Letter

20-Jul-2021 - Medical

20-Jul-2021 - Interview

05-Aug-2021 - CEAC status “Issued”

13-Aug-2021 - Visa in hand

##-Aug-2021 - Arrived to USA    👈 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Desandal said:

I was DQ’d in May and still waiting to hear. I’m expecting the letter will arrive in August for me. 

Thank you. I was hoping so much for August letter as well. Have you tired expediting? Our local congressmen submitted an expedite request on our behalf on humanitarian reasons, but we've not heard anything back yet.

Timeline
On 6/26/2021 at 2:52 PM, Desandal said:

OMG I've just received my IL for the 26th of July!

Timeline
1 hour ago, NastasiaD said:

Congrats! I also received my letter/email this morning. Interview is scheduled for the 20th of July.

The embassy has definitely sped things up. I wasn’t expecting to hear so soon. We’re very excited 😊 

Now we just have to register the interview date and schedule the medical. 
I may not log back on after this so just want to thank everyone for sharing your journeys and wish you all the best of luck!

Edited by Desandal

USCIS

NVC

Embassy

20-Jul-2021 - Medical

20-Jul-2021 - Interview

Timeline

Has anyone had to reschedule their interview date? I’m curious as to what the process is like and how flexible the new dates are?

Also, I’m getting an error trying to register my interview. Does anyone know how long to wait after receiving the letter and registering the interview date?

USCIS

NVC

Embassy

20-Jul-2021 - Medical

20-Jul-2021 - Interview

Timeline

Hi all 👋  For those of you who had to send in additional docs post interview, how long did it take to get your visa in hand? I posted my Italian police certificates and passport to the embassy today 👾

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline
21 hours ago, NastasiaD said:

Were you able to register your interview online yet? I keep getting an error saying that case number “is not ready for appointment”. 

USCIS

NVC

Embassy

20-Jul-2021 - Medical

20-Jul-2021 - Interview

Timeline
Just now, Desandal said:

Were you able to register your interview online yet? I keep getting an error saying that case number “is not ready for appointment”. 

This happened to me too - there's an email address mentioned during that registration step (I think someone shared it in this thread a few pages back) Basically you email them about the error and they unblock your case number :) 

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Desandal said:

I can't register either. I was planning on waiting a few days and if it won't work then contact the support. The link is under the "error" message.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.