Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

665 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Desandal said:

Hello everyone,

After reading all the replies in this thread,  it looks like recently people are receiving their Interview letters 3 months after DQ date.

Has anybody with a DQ date from March, April, or May received a letter yet or had their case moved from the NVC to the embassy yet? I’m hoping to get an idea as to when I may receive my notice.

thanks 🙏 

I became DQ'd on the 19th of May. I'll keep you posted as to when we here back from the embassy. 
I was looking through the monthly reports for the embassy and they seem to be processing quite a large amount of visas.https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html Strangely more K1's than IR1/CR1's. So I'm convincing myself that they are picking up the pace and we'll hear back sooner than 3 months. Fingers crossed! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sweet sweet Victory 🎺🏆🦅🎉🎉🎉🇺🇸:dance:🇺🇸 Visa finally in hand! Says it was issued on the third, but it was just made available for pickup today.

For anyone who is picking up from DPD on Greenhills road in Dublin 12, it's confusing to find the place. You get a better result on Google if you put in the eircode instead of the address. It's not at the roundabout, it's hidden further along just off the road, beside the building supply store. ✌️

Anyone with their visa already, we didn't get the standard packet you're meant to hand off at the POE. Searching through the forums it seems that that's the new standard, to have everything digital. I'm just wondering if anyone got a packet with their visa or if they just got the letter telling you how to pay the fee/Welcome to the US.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
18 hours ago, neca said:

Sweet sweet Victory 🎺🏆🦅🎉🎉🎉🇺🇸:dance:🇺🇸 Visa finally in hand! Says it was issued on the third, but it was just made available for pickup today.

For anyone who is picking up from DPD on Greenhills road in Dublin 12, it's confusing to find the place. You get a better result on Google if you put in the eircode instead of the address. It's not at the roundabout, it's hidden further along just off the road, beside the building supply store. ✌️

Anyone with their visa already, we didn't get the standard packet you're meant to hand off at the POE. Searching through the forums it seems that that's the new standard, to have everything digital. I'm just wondering if anyone got a packet with their visa or if they just got the letter telling you how to pay the fee/Welcome to the US.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Yes we received our Passport with visa yesterday as well, with the same few pages of information.  It all must be digital now.  Congrats to everyone!!!  Ours was issued on the 4th so all of our passports must of been mailed on Wednesday.   

I was wondering if we needed a visa waiver or we are good to go with the stamp we got?

Timeline
4 hours ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

I was wondering if we needed a visa waiver or we are good to go with the stamp we got?

The stamp is a visa, so it supersedes ESTA/VWP.

Congrats to you too, and thank you for sharing your experience!

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, neca said:

The stamp is a visa, so it supersedes ESTA/VWP.

Congrats to you too, and thank you for sharing your experience!

I figured that but you know how they are lol.  

Now lets get to Maryland and get some steamed crabs and Natty Boh. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

I figured that but you know how they are lol.  

Now lets get to Maryland and get some steamed crabs and Natty Boh. 

Just in time for the fourth of July 🇺🇸

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
1 hour ago, neca said:

Just in time for the fourth of July 🇺🇸

That's what we were saying, my husband hasn't celebrated the Fourth in ten years in the US and I have never celebrated it in the US so we are really looking forward to that and going to Ocean City for a week! Cant wait 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

That's what we were saying, my husband hasn't celebrated the Fourth in ten years in the US and I have never celebrated it in the US so we are really looking forward to that and going to Ocean City for a week! Cant wait 

We're looking to go to Rock Hall for the fourth, my family is already going so we're going to tag along. Ocean City this time of year should be so lively! Let me know if you want any recs 😉

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
On 6/12/2021 at 7:07 PM, SIRE said:

Hey all, its been a journey with you guys and that concludes here, we are finally in the US.

Immigration is fairly smooth and straight forward, they will take your passport, ask you a couple of questions, once done, they will take you for secondary screening, it takes about 10-15mins, and then they will stamp your passport. 

I wanted to point out for everyones info which I wasn't aware of, if you have a connecting flight at any airport out of US, then your POE will happen once you are in the US and you will have to go through customs. All direct flights from Dublin to US will go through US customs & preclearance at Dublin airport. 

We took a flight from Dublin to London to US so our POE was US. All good tho, great experience. I am amazed how nice and welcoming the immigration officers are. 

Once again, wish you all the very best! if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask here or DM if its personal.

Yay congratulations 🎉 thanks for all the info. How long did it take to get your visa after the interview?

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline
On 6/11/2021 at 8:12 AM, IrishMosquito84 said:

Yes we received our Passport with visa yesterday as well, with the same few pages of information.  It all must be digital now.  Congrats to everyone!!!  Ours was issued on the 4th so all of our passports must of been mailed on Wednesday.   

Just wondering how much notice you were given from the courier to pick up the passport? 

I've my flights booked but more than likely will have to move them. So just planning accordingly. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, S.Bannon said:

Just wondering how much notice you were given from the courier to pick up the passport? 

I've my flights booked but more than likely will have to move them. So just planning accordingly. 

I never got any notice. I had to call dpd myself 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, S.Bannon said:

Wow. I'm surprised. I thought the courier emails us?

I had received the email from dpd but even before I was tracking, once I knew it was at the collection point I took a taxi and grabbed it ASAP. Received an email from dpd a few hours later that it was ready for collection and then received another email confirming it's delivered. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Linos said:

Yay congratulations 🎉 thanks for all the info. How long did it take to get your visa after the interview?

It took a total of 9 days including weekends. Important to note that I didn't have to submit any documents or information after the interview. I took everything with me, like literally everything! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.