Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

665 posts in this topic

On 12/26/2020 at 12:28 PM, Thewander said:

Hello, 

curious if anyone who has an interview date in Dublin, ireland has heard anything regarding the level 5 lockdown? Curious if they’re canceling appointments again and closing or are able to continue on with interviews since this lockdown is allowing retail & gyms to stay open. I can’t seem to get through to them so any help is appreciated. 

Thanks! 

Our Interview is scheduled for the 15th January. We haven’t gotten any word yet about cancellation or rescheduling. I’ve tried reaching out with no response. My wife’s medical is scheduled for the 4th so it would be nice to know something soon so we can reschedule if needed. If we hear anything from the embassy I will let you all know so you can have a better understanding about what is going on.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, AMac13 said:

Our Interview is scheduled for the 15th January. We haven’t gotten any word yet about cancellation or rescheduling. I’ve tried reaching out with no response. My wife’s medical is scheduled for the 4th so it would be nice to know something soon so we can reschedule if needed. If we hear anything from the embassy I will let you all know so you can have a better understanding about what is going on.

Thanks so much and good luck!! I’ve been on all their social media but no posts about it at all. When were you DQed? 

Timeline

If it's the same as the last level 5 lockdown then you can expect them to cancel interviews. I was one of the interviews cancelled in the last lockdown (end of Oct), I was only informed two days before hand. There was no update on the website until after I was told it was cancelled. I don't think the embassy actually closes, I think they still provide services for US citizens. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I would expect the worst. But on a lighter note they rescheduled the interview as soon as the lockdown ended. Hope this offers so more insight, it's not a nice spot to be in. 

9 hours ago, AMac13 said:

Ours was scheduled for the 12th if Jan. It’s canceled. But my husbands medical is still on the 5th of Jan and that is still happening. 

Timeline
On 12/31/2020 at 6:33 PM, peachickens said:

Ours was scheduled for the 12th if Jan. It’s canceled. But my husbands medical is still on the 5th of Jan and that is still happening. 

If I understand correctly you received the cancellation notice from the embassy for your scheduled interview on the 12th January, right? If so, when did you receive the notice? Thanks

10 hours ago, SIRE said:

If I understand correctly you received the cancellation notice from the embassy for your scheduled interview on the 12th January, right? If so, when did you receive the notice? Thanks

Yes, that is correct. They sent a few emails saying it is canceled. The emailed yesterday and last week as well. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, peachickens said:

Yes, that is correct. They sent a few emails saying it is canceled. The emailed yesterday and last week as well. 

They need to get their act together and do the interviews. It’s really not that difficult, I feel they’re just not wanting to do them and would rather stay home with full pay. I’m so sick of all of this. 

Timeline

Hi all!

Same boat here as many of you, awaiting interview.  We received notice on Dec 26th for Jan 29th interview for my husband and on 31st Dec got an email it was cancelled.  Awaiting reschedule hopefully asap.

Frustration here too as immigration/visa services are clearly essential yet the embassy deems not so - I want to pull my hair out!  Will post updates as they come and I would be grateful for anyone else's updates.. good luck guys, we'll get there eventually!

Timeline
On 1/4/2021 at 6:37 PM, bvjUSIRE said:

Hi all!

Same boat here as many of you, awaiting interview.  We received notice on Dec 26th for Jan 29th interview for my husband and on 31st Dec got an email it was cancelled.  Awaiting reschedule hopefully asap.

Frustration here too as immigration/visa services are clearly essential yet the embassy deems not so - I want to pull my hair out!  Will post updates as they come and I would be grateful for anyone else's updates.. good luck guys, we'll get there eventually!

Thanks for the dates. What date were you guys DQ'd on? 

Looks like we are heading towards a stricter lockdown from today, meaning construction industry, schools and click/collect retail will also shut down. God knows when this covid situation will get better.

Timeline

Following along as I will eventually be interviewed at the Dublin Embassy...hoping the vaccine rollout is accelerated and you guys get your interviews rescheduled soon ❤️🤞

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0122/1191497-taoiseach-covid-latest/

"Certainly there is no talk at the moment in terms of any relaxation or reversing of restrictions at the end of this month, and I think we are looking at a continuation of restrictions in to February," Mr Martin said.

"You can take it that we will take stock every four weeks of the situation."

:ranting:

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
3 hours ago, neca said:

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0122/1191497-taoiseach-covid-latest/

"Certainly there is no talk at the moment in terms of any relaxation or reversing of restrictions at the end of this month, and I think we are looking at a continuation of restrictions in to February," Mr Martin said.

"You can take it that we will take stock every four weeks of the situation."

:ranting:

I’ve been contacting anyone and everyone I can to make interviews an essential service. I can get my interview for a gnib card so why not for a green card for my husband?? I’m livid 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Thewander said:

I’ve been contacting anyone and everyone I can to make interviews an essential service. I can get my interview for a gnib card so why not for a green card for my husband?? I’m livid 

I just assumed that all immigration dealings were suspended under level 5. The only logic that I could muster was that they didn't want people traveling from all over the country for their interviews, since as I understand it we only have the office in Dublin to process. I think they have offices outside of Dublin for people immigrating, so it's not as much travel, but it's still travel in the end, and that illustrates that they consider immigration services to be essential at least in some capacity.

They're just shooting themselves in the foot here creating more of a backlog. Could you share some of your process with trying to get interviews an essential service? If there's a possibility that we could, I'd like to help.

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
On 1/23/2021 at 5:52 PM, neca said:

I just assumed that all immigration dealings were suspended under level 5. The only logic that I could muster was that they didn't want people traveling from all over the country for their interviews, since as I understand it we only have the office in Dublin to process. I think they have offices outside of Dublin for people immigrating, so it's not as much travel, but it's still travel in the end, and that illustrates that they consider immigration services to be essential at least in some capacity.

They're just shooting themselves in the foot here creating more of a backlog. Could you share some of your process with trying to get interviews an essential service? If there's a possibility that we could, I'd like to help.

I’m in a Facebook group where we’re working on contacts and making immigrant visa interviews an essential service. Would you like to join that? Private message me your full name and I’ll find you on Facebook to invite you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.