Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

665 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Linos said:

Ugh that is SO annoying! I uploaded my husband's 2020 tax returns to CEAC when I heard this! I don't think it's been 'accepted' yet though

You know its weird because I uploaded the Police Cert two weeks ago as they instructed me and it sat there until last Wednesday when I had my interview and was marked PC OK.  So who knows when they look at stuff I guess between them goofing off in the office...  There still isn't any reason I was told my paperwork wasn't scanned in and submitted as it says it plain as day.   

Timeline

Just speechless! 

We uploaded 2020 W2s yesterday for primary sponsor along with joint sponsor. We haven't filed returns yet but W2 essentially proves the same. We also uploaded latest police certificate. There's literally NOTHING more we can do to expedite 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

Do it all scan them in copy them and bring originals, don't give them any reason to delay you like they've done us.  Trust me just do everything and more to ensure they have every up to date tax return etc.. 

All done!! thanks for this info, appreciate it.

Only thing is, we haven't filed tax returns as yet but we have W2s for 2020 so uploaded them.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Thewander said:

I’m really worried about this. My parents are sponsoring my spouse since we have no US income. I just had them scan me over their 2020 tax returns & w2s just in case. Does this mean I should redo the i864s too? This is so frustrating. It’s not our fault we couldn’t get interviews for 6 months 

Spouse doesn't have much income from US since we are living together in Ireland. So parents are sponsoring and I just uploaded their W2s. If you have their W2s handy and it proves that they have the financial means, I'd say keep them ready.

17 hours ago, neca said:

In case anyone still has doubts about bringing the latest financial docs to their interviews, I was reading over the Interview Checklist email and came to the I-864 bullet point, where it said the following:

Odd grammar aside, I'm pretty sure this is saying that you need some proof of the current income regardless of if it's the same listed on the I-864 or not. If you have transcripts, use those. If not, use your return and statements of income (W2's, 1099's, etc).

As my JS and I haven't filed our taxes for 2020 yet, I'm planning on going with the statements of income and will report back the outcome.

✌️

Same, I added those as additional docs under CAEC and selected appropriate category from the dropdown. It says submitted for now. Lets see if status changes, I will keep you guys posted.

18 hours ago, neca said:

Further, at the end of the email, it says:

I just verified that we could still submit documents on CEAC (in case this is news to anyone besides me lol). I'd definitely consider doing this since it says to do so in the email, just under "additional documents" for whatever sponsor. Probably good to add a note with the upload too, just to be completely clear on things.

Granted, this is all my personal logic and reasoning, so please don't take it as gospel. I think I'm probably as in the dark as the rest of you are about this 😂😔

I've read of people going in with updated I-864's, but going strictly off of what the email said, I would just stick to providing the current financial documents. It doesn't say anything about updating the I-864 to reflect the current information. So, up to you I guess.

You might want to look up and see what others have done in the past to make a decision.

For what it's worth, I will not be filling out a new I-864 because I'd rather chance them asking for a new one than to have to deal with that mess again :lol: I will be uploading the documents to CEAC though as soon as I am able to (Tuesday morning, so cutting it close!)

Let us know how it goes! You're interviewing tomorrow, right? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, familybasedvisa12 said:

Let us know how it goes! You're interviewing tomorrow, right? 

Yes, nerves are starting to build! I'm trying to account for so many variables, I wish I was going in to the interview too. I'll report back tomorrow or Wednesday, depending on how the day goes lol.

I recently described to a friend: this process is like going through your whole schooling and not knowing if you're going to pass until the day of graduation.

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, neca said:

Yes, nerves are starting to build! I'm trying to account for so many variables, I wish I was going in to the interview too. I'll report back tomorrow or Wednesday, depending on how the day goes lol.

I recently described to a friend: this process is like going through your whole schooling and not knowing if you're going to pass until the day of graduation.

Said this before, all the best to everyone, this whole week is full of interviews!! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SIRE said:

Said this before, all the best to everyone, this whole week is full of interviews!! 

+1 Best of luck to everyone this month ❤️ excited to see who is included in the next round of interviews, unfortunately here on VJ the numbers with timelines filled past October is fairly light :( 

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline

Agreed, only a handful of ppl are on forums but per the medical exam, the lady said they are packed and booked for month and a half every day all day. Suggests there are loads and loads out there waiting for interviews like us.

Timeline
5 hours ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

You know its weird because I uploaded the Police Cert two weeks ago as they instructed me and it sat there until last Wednesday when I had my interview and was marked PC OK.  So who knows when they look at stuff I guess between them goofing off in the office...  There still isn't any reason I was told my paperwork wasn't scanned in and submitted as it says it plain as day.   

We uploaded documents the embassy emailed us asking us to upload and it still says submitted. So I emailed them and they said they won’t accept them or even look at them until the interview and if more needs to be submitted or if those documents are enough, we can submit things after the interview which kills me! I just want it all done at the interview so we can be done with this nonsense! They make no sense. 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Thewander said:

We uploaded documents the embassy emailed us asking us to upload and it still says submitted. So I emailed them and they said they won’t accept them or even look at them until the interview and if more needs to be submitted or if those documents are enough, we can submit things after the interview which kills me! I just want it all done at the interview so we can be done with this nonsense! They make no sense. 

Its 100% BS.  If they would of told us to renew the tax returns we would of had that uploaded the day they asked us for them.  This whole process needs to be revamped and streamlined because the way it stands its so vague and confusing.  I think I'm more angry now that they are telling me that nothing was uploaded because I wasn't in the door for five minutes after the interview and those papers were uploaded and into the ceac. LOL I emailed them a screenshot of it saying they were submitted hahahaha call me a liar! 

1 hour ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

Its 100% BS.  If they would of told us to renew the tax returns we would of had that uploaded the day they asked us for them.  This whole process needs to be revamped and streamlined because the way it stands its so vague and confusing.  I think I'm more angry now that they are telling me that nothing was uploaded because I wasn't in the door for five minutes after the interview and those papers were uploaded and into the ceac. LOL I emailed them a screenshot of it saying they were submitted hahahaha call me a liar! 

Nothing will be revamped or streamlined - this isn't a tech company with the user in mind. They could not care less about user experience/delays/frustrations. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is.

Timeline
35 minutes ago, familybasedvisa12 said:

Nothing will be revamped or streamlined - this isn't a tech company with the user in mind. They could not care less about user experience/delays/frustrations. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is.

Oh no its not easy for people doing it the legal way.   They make it easy for illegals but people who want to do the right thing are almost punished for having to use their trash 1995 website. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.