Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

665 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 5/2/2021 at 6:17 PM, SIRE said:

Has anybody signed up for DPD courier to home? just wanted to check if its the same day delivery or is it better to pick up? (if all goes well ie). Each day counts in my case 

I went with DPD as we are in Southern Ireland and don't feel like going to pick it up lol.  I doubt its same day but could be about a day or two i'd imagine 

Timeline
1 minute ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

I went with DPD as we are in Southern Ireland and don't feel like going to pick it up lol.  I doubt its same day but could be about a day or two i'd imagine 

Were going about an hour away to pick it up in Galway. Anyone having issues with getting a new police certificate? Embassy is saying we need a new one since it’s been over 6 months and Garda station is arguing saying they’re valid for 12 months and won’t issue us a new one 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Thewander said:

Were going about an hour away to pick it up in Galway. Anyone having issues with getting a new police certificate? Embassy is saying we need a new one since it’s been over 6 months and Garda station is arguing saying they’re valid for 12 months and won’t issue us a new one 

We dropped down to the Garda and filled out a new one and received it back within a week.  Ours needed my maiden name on it so you know they can check and see if I robbed any banks under that name lol.   We just explained why we needed a new one and they just shook their heads and said no problem. 

YOu can also email the garda Superintendant and tell him you need a new one and explain the situation.  The Gard we dealt with was great gave us his mobile and said if there was any problems to notify him and he'd take care of it. 

Edited by IrishMosquito84

Timeline
4 minutes ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

We dropped down to the Garda and filled out a new one and received it back within a week.  Ours needed my maiden name on it so you know they can check and see if I robbed any banks under that name lol.   We just explained why we needed a new one and they just shook their heads and said no problem. 

YOu can also email the garda Superintendant and tell him you need a new one and explain the situation.  The Gard we dealt with was great gave us his mobile and said if there was any problems to notify him and he'd take care of it. 

Thank you. We’ve been arguing with them since Friday. They want proof so we forwarded the embassy’s request and they just keep saying it’s valid for 12 months. Tomorrow we’ll have to call or go into the station. It’s been so ridiculous 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Thewander said:

Thank you. We’ve been arguing with them since Friday. They want proof so we forwarded the embassy’s request and they just keep saying it’s valid for 12 months. Tomorrow we’ll have to call or go into the station. It’s been so ridiculous 

Yeah that's ridiculous, its not like they are that busy they can't do a quick new one for ya.  I swear they are supposed to protect and "serve" not complain and refuse to help you.  

Timeline
Just now, IrishMosquito84 said:

Yeah that's ridiculous, its not like they are that busy they can't do a quick new one for ya.  I swear they are supposed to protect and "serve" not complain and refuse to help you.  

Exactly. And since he has no record I’m thinking it’s probably a template they just have to sign. It could already be done if they’d stop refusing and arguing. I also said they can contact the embassy if they don’t believe me. They replied they absolutely would not contact the embassy and it is our responsibility to provide them with valid proof of needing a new one 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

Interview in 5 hours... my nerves are shot!! 🥵

Best of luck 💜 You'll be done in no time :) 

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline
15 hours ago, Thewander said:

It happened with us too, I feel like when I went for the medical exam, it was really busy and someone mentioned that they are booked for another month and a half. So may be the Garda is also getting a load of police certificate requests. They asked for proof from Embassy too, said to get a letter on letterhead. 

Are you done with your interview? 

1 hour ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

Best of luck!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

Let us know how it goes and good luck! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, SIRE said:

It happened with us too, I feel like when I went for the medical exam, it was really busy and someone mentioned that they are booked for another month and a half. So may be the Garda is also getting a load of police certificate requests. They asked for proof from Embassy too, said to get a letter on letterhead. 

Are you done with your interview? 

Best of luck!!

Are you serious?? This is madness. Like we’re just asking for police certificates for fun, just collecting them. I asked for them to contact the embassy if they can’t believe us and they said they wouldn’t in bold text! We’re going to call today to see if we can get anywhere or go down to the station. We had to send of my husbands urine in the post yesterday at mater had him urinate in the wrong bottle during his medical. It’s just one thing after another 

Timeline

Sorry to hear. This whole process isn't fun for sure. Btw, this time the Garda also asked us to provide a stamped envelope, last time they didn't, we were wondering if the process has been updated or something, seems like it has for everybody. 

No wonder the nurse at Mater asked to review the name and spelling etc. 

Timeline

Well no visa, need to upload more documents.  Would of been nice if they let us know that before we went and basically wasted our time.  They sent us a notification telling us the Police Cert wasn't right but they never bothered to tell us about the other documents.  So now we need to get all new documents and upload them on the CEAc and apparently we also have to arrange for a courier to drop off the paperwork back up in Dublin.  What a complete mess this is. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

Well no visa, need to upload more documents.  Would of been nice if they let us know that before we went and basically wasted our time.  They sent us a notification telling us the Police Cert wasn't right but they never bothered to tell us about the other documents.  So now we need to get all new documents and upload them on the CEAc and apparently we also have to arrange for a courier to drop off the paperwork back up in Dublin.  What a complete mess this is. 

That’s disappointing, I’m sorry to hear! What was wrong with your other documents? Do you have to have a second interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.