Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

665 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
23 minutes ago, familybasedvisa12 said:

Can you please share that email? 

I emailed two senators yesterday - if anyone has any other ideas let me know. 

Please let us know what you receive back from the senators you’re contacting. Here is the email from the congressional liaison 

53D5760D-D779-4413-87B3-7F77787E00E0.jpeg

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Thewander said:

Please let us know what you receive back from the senators you’re contacting. Here is the email from the congressional liaison 

53D5760D-D779-4413-87B3-7F77787E00E0.jpeg

This just seems like what we’ve heard all the time, that they’ll open up once it gets to level 4. Where are you getting from this that they’re not transferring any cases from the Nvc until they’ve gone through all that they have already at the embassy, including work visas? 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, JasonF5 said:

This just seems like what we’ve heard all the time, that they’ll open up once it gets to level 4. Where are you getting from this that they’re not transferring any cases from the Nvc until they’ve gone through all that they have already at the embassy, including work visas? 

A member in an immigration group I’m in said that is what the congressman she’s working with told her. That information was given by the Nvc liaison. When were you DQed?

Timeline

It increasingly seems like the operations are dependent on local conditions, I wish they would start vaccination as they are rolling out in the UK and US, so at least we can unite with our families. 

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0331/1207118-coronavirus-ireland/ so end of June is the new expectation for vaccines to be rec'd by 80% of population, which means July Aug will realistically mean life can be somewhat back to level 2/3

ps. Mission critical is a joke  

Timeline
1 minute ago, familybasedvisa12 said:

Her message says "K1 Visas" - what about IR1/CR1 visas?

I assume it implies to all visa petitions - generally speaking. Separate to this,  I had reached out embassy for an urgent situation as one of the family members was in critical life and death situation, he passed. Embassy didn't prioritize. Its just unfortunate.

Timeline
45 minutes ago, SIRE said:

I assume it implies to all visa petitions - generally speaking. Separate to this,  I had reached out embassy for an urgent situation as one of the family members was in critical life and death situation, he passed. Embassy didn't prioritize. Its just unfortunate.

I’m so sorry to hear that. I was told the US Embassy Dublin doesn’t accept any expedites, citing it as “unfair” to everyone else waiting. I find it ridiculous as some situations are more dire than others. I would think a situation where family isn’t involved compared to a life & death situation would make a difference but they don’t feel the same. 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, familybasedvisa12 said:

Her message says "K1 Visas" - what about IR1/CR1 visas?

If you go over to the travel.gov website there is an update stating the work visa ban expired March 31, 2021 and all work visas that have been waiting since the presidential proclamation began last year, have priority over all other visas. So embassies must process the work visas before transferring new cases over from the NVC. I’m trying to get advice from an attorney to see if there are options for us as we really need to get home. I’m going to ask the embassy what the backlog looks like but I doubt they’ll give me an answer as they never can even give me a timeline. 
When were you DQed? 

5 hours ago, Thewander said:

If you go over to the travel.gov website there is an update stating the work visa ban expired March 31, 2021 and all work visas that have been waiting since the presidential proclamation began last year, have priority over all other visas. So embassies must process the work visas before transferring new cases over from the NVC. I’m trying to get advice from an attorney to see if there are options for us as we really need to get home. I’m going to ask the embassy what the backlog looks like but I doubt they’ll give me an answer as they never can even give me a timeline. 
When were you DQed? 

That sounds odd to me. It doesn't make sense that they'd prioritize those visas over immediate relative visas.

Mid-October - how about you? 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, familybasedvisa12 said:

That sounds odd to me. It doesn't make sense that they'd prioritize those visas over immediate relative visas.

It is odd and illegal but they don’t seem to follow any law or rule which is why I’m looking for a lawyer. Mid October too. There are quite a few of us DQed in October. The only one to get an interview was October 1 and had an interview cancelled and rescheduled 

Timeline
2 hours ago, familybasedvisa12 said:

Mid October here as well! 

Seems like approaching anyone whether its NVC, Embassy or Senators, its all useless..

Timeline
2 hours ago, Thewander said:

It is odd and illegal but they don’t seem to follow any law or rule which is why I’m looking for a lawyer. Mid October too. There are quite a few of us DQed in October. The only one to get an interview was October 1 and had an interview cancelled and rescheduled 

theyre adding US to mandatory quarantine list https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0405/1207991-coronavirus-quarantine/ 

freaking sucks!

Timeline
57 minutes ago, SIRE said:

theyre adding US to mandatory quarantine list https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0405/1207991-coronavirus-quarantine/ 

freaking sucks!

Just saw this too 

ED04C33F-F791-4BFB-8BFA-A1B09A91D2B2.jpeg

Timeline
19 minutes ago, SIRE said:

Wait is this case related to yours? 

No. This is for O visas. They’re now getting interviews too over spousal visas 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.