Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

665 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 5/18/2021 at 6:17 AM, IrishMosquito84 said:

Just got a email and now my husbands proof of domicile isn't enough for them.  We have sent rent agreement, job offer and multiple other paperwork to prove he will be living and working there and its not enough for them.  

How did you get around this? That sounds like an unreasonably high bar...

We were intending to use: "3. You intend in good faith to reestablish your domicile in the United States no later than the date of the intending immigrant's admission or adjustment of status"

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Samthemani said:

We were intending to use: "3. You intend in good faith to reestablish your domicile in the United States no later than the date of the intending immigrant's admission or adjustment of status"

Funny thing I used my shipping receipt, and a letter i got for a refund for a car i once owned in the US that i overpaid for.  I know it sounds ridiculous but they actually scrutinized me more than my Irish wife.  We are here now since June 30th just waiting for my wife's greencard which is taking forever to get. 

Timeline

Hello,

Anybody aware of the current wait time for Dublin Embassy for interviews. Applying for a CR2 and IR1 for my wife and son. My son been DQ's since 28th July 2021 and trying to correct a mistake by the NVC for my wife. My son is only 4 for so trying to figure out how can get them scheduled together.

Timeline
On 8/26/2021 at 12:21 AM, Samthemani said:

I used my voters registration, a bank statement, and a screenshot of text messages of someone offering me a job and it was enough. 

Still not out of the nvc unfortunately 😅 they asked for all of our joint sponsors W2’s most recently. We already uploaded all of them and they were approved. They sent our case to a supervisor today so hopefully everything is sorted soon 😬 it honestly seems like some staff members are purposely slowing down cases. 

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone here knows the answer to whether a self-isolation period is needed before visiting the embassy, especially if having visited another country beforehand? I'm visiting family in the UK before coming back to an appointment at the Dublin embassy, however there is no longer any quarantine requirement when travelling from the UK. Do I need to make sure that I am back from the UK far enough ahead of the embassy (a couple weeks?) or is it ok to return to Dublin just a few days before the interview?

Thanks!

Timeline
18 hours ago, JT24 said:

I am wondering if anyone here knows the answer to whether a self-isolation period is needed before visiting the embassy, especially if having visited another country beforehand? I'm visiting family in the UK before coming back to an appointment at the Dublin embassy, however there is no longer any quarantine requirement when travelling from the UK. Do I need to make sure that I am back from the UK far enough ahead of the embassy (a couple weeks?) or is it ok to return to Dublin just a few days before the interview?

The Embassy guidelines would be in line with the Irish government guidelines. So if coming from the UK but hadn't been in the UK for the 10 days prior (could be 14days). You are treated like coming from that other country in term of Covid19 restrictions. 

EXAMPLE: If you are VACCINATED and coming from the US without meeting the 10/14 day in UK requirement, prior to reaching Ireland then you abide by the coming from US Covid restrictions which is current NO QUARANTINE for VACCINATED travellers and 14 day self quarantine for UN VACCINATED. You are allowed to take a test after 5 days to end quarantine early. 

But being totally honest I cant imagine many stick to self quarantine and dont think the Irish government have the means to chase up the 1000's of tourists pouring into the country since the lift on travel restrictions.

Timeline

Any one who has made it to the US get their green card yet?  We've been here since the 30th of June and nothing.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

Any one who has made it to the US get their green card yet?  We've been here since the 30th of June and nothing.  

I've received mine today. I've been in the US since the 14th August and based in Missouri 

Timeline
4 hours ago, NastasiaD said:

I've received mine today. I've been in the US since the 14th August and based in Missouri 

I know a few others who entered before I did who are still waiting.  We finally got an apt for the SSC which never came.  Some good advice for anyone still filling out the paperwork dont choose to have the social security card sent to you because they wont. 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

I know a few others who entered before I did who are still waiting.  We finally got an apt for the SSC which never came.  Some good advice for anyone still filling out the paperwork dont choose to have the social security card sent to you because they wont. 

OMG I feel really lucky then. I got my SSC on the 10th day from the arrival.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

After a long long 5 months at the NVC, we were DQed today!!!😀😀 Has anyone gotten an interview scheduled at the Dublin embassy lately? Curious if it's still taking roughly a month.

Thanks in advance 😀

On 9/21/2021 at 5:17 PM, Kvickers4 said:

After a long long 5 months at the NVC, we were DQed today!!!😀😀 Has anyone gotten an interview scheduled at the Dublin embassy lately? Curious if it's still taking roughly a month.

Thanks in advance 😀

Congrats! We were DQed the 3rd of September and got the email on the 24th of September that our interview is October 7th. Earliest medical we could get is October 5th so I'd suggest trying to book a medical ASAP.

Timeline
1 hour ago, heatherk said:

Congrats! We were DQed the 3rd of September and got the email on the 24th of September that our interview is October 7th. Earliest medical we could get is October 5th so I'd suggest trying to book a medical ASAP.

Thanks so much! Shockingly we actually got our interview date last Friday! So 3 days later. 

his interview will be in October 12th and the earliest we can get the medical is October 14th. He asked to be contacted if there’s a cancellation since we’re only 20 min from the mater 🙂

20 minutes ago, Kvickers4 said:

Thanks so much! Shockingly we actually got our interview date last Friday! So 3 days later. 

his interview will be in October 12th and the earliest we can get the medical is October 14th. He asked to be contacted if there’s a cancellation since we’re only 20 min from the mater 🙂

That's brilliant! I was honestly shocked when we got our interview date, I really thought they'd give us more notice. But at the same time I'm really excited because I wasn't sure if we'd be able to move to the US before Christmas and now we surely will be able to all going well. Good luck and keep us updated in this thread with how it goes! 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

So interview went well but of course we got caught with something 🙄😂. My husband has 5 names technically, but only his first and last name are on his passport and the police cert. We actually did put all his names down when we requested the police cert but the guards must of decided all his names were not necessary (like the person who issued his passport). So he has to get a new passport with all of the names and new police cert, then we’re good to go! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.