Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

665 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Just now, Lino_klm said:

Congrats! How long after the interview?

Well. The Mater messed my medical up a bit. It was that bad the head of their department called me last Friday to apologies. (After a stern complaint on my part I might add).

Anyways...

My status was 

Refused on Monday 14th  at 8am

AP on Monday 14th at 9am

Issued on Monday 14th at 11am

Received the email just today with tracking number Wednesday 16th at 12pm

Timeline
1 minute ago, S.Bannon said:

Well. The Mater messed my medical up a bit. It was that bad the head of their department called me last Friday to apologies. (After a stern complaint on my part I might add).

Anyways...

My status was 

Refused on Monday 14th  at 8am

AP on Monday 14th at 9am

Issued on Monday 14th at 11am

Received the email just today with tracking number Wednesday 16th at 12pm

Oh ok, that's actually the same timeline when I got my visa years ago. Did you have your interview on Monday too?

Timeline
On 6/15/2021 at 3:00 PM, Linos said:

For spouses the medical results are sent directly to the embassy I think roughly 10 ten days after the medical - i'm guessing the embassy needs the medical results by the day of the interview, otherwise they will issue the visa once they receive them.

Confirming this, @JimWahers1993. They told my spouse that they just need to wait for test results, which takes about a week.

Note that if you get a date/time that isn't conclusive to your interview date, you can call them at another point and see if sooner dates open up. We did this like three times, the last of which was to delay the medical as the interview time changed enough that the medical was the day of, not giving us enough time to make it to the interview afterwards. If you manage to get through to them, they're pretty cordial.

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
On 6/14/2021 at 8:19 AM, Thewander said:

I never received anything at all from dpd or the embassy. Luckily I emailed the dpd office in Galway and they confirmed it was there 

You must have some bad juju or something lol, it seems like all the problems happen to you! My experience was directly consistent with SIRE's, for what it's worth. It's good that you're so proactive at least that you can counteract all the annoyances you're subject to. :bonk:

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
1 hour ago, neca said:

You must have some bad juju or something lol, it seems like all the problems happen to you! My experience was directly consistent with SIRE's, for what it's worth. It's good that you're so proactive at least that you can counteract all the annoyances you're subject to. :bonk:

More so complete incompetence on their part more so than bad juju on my side. I’m definitely not the only one who has been screwed consistently by them. 

2 hours ago, neca said:

Confirming this, @JimWahers1993. They told my spouse that they just need to wait for test results, which takes about a week.

Note that if you get a date/time that isn't conclusive to your interview date, you can call them at another point and see if sooner dates open up. We did this like three times, the last of which was to delay the medical as the interview time changed enough that the medical was the day of, not giving us enough time to make it to the interview afterwards. If you manage to get through to them, they're pretty cordial.

Thankfully I got through to the Mater this morning and they were able to get me a date that's before my interview.

The only thing was I gave them my email address over the phone but I never received an email confirming my appointment. 

Did you have any experience with that? Possible I'm just being impatient but I thought they would have sent it straight after the call. 

**Update. . I was just being impatient. I got the email. 

Ok now just fingers crossed Ireland doesn't go back into level 5 lockdown a day before my interview 😳

Edited by JimWahers1993

Timeline
10 hours ago, JasonF5 said:

Anybody else’s visa interview canceled for tomorrow? Just got word ours is cancelled cos of Juneteenth federal holiday announcement

Aw that's so annoying! Did they give you a new date? My interview is next week 😱

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline
13 hours ago, JasonF5 said:

Anybody else’s visa interview canceled for tomorrow? Just got word ours is cancelled cos of Juneteenth federal holiday announcement 😢

What are the odds that your interview gets cancelled because of a new federal holiday created the day before. Crazy.

I hope you get a new one soon!

👐

Patience......patience.

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everyone!!

I’m looking for some shared experiences / knowledge!

I have an L-1 nonimmigrant visa interview scheduled for September in Dublin. Does anyone know if these standard interviews (expedite request unfortunately rejected) are currently going ahead? Is this likely to be cancelled closer to the time?

Thanks all,

David

Timeline
On 6/17/2021 at 10:47 PM, JasonF5 said:

Anybody else’s visa interview canceled for tomorrow? Just got word ours is cancelled cos of Juneteenth federal holiday announcement 😢

Absolutely ridiculous they put this holiday in and yet the Embassy is closed while people had interviews scheduled.   Did they at least give you a new date like next week?  

Timeline

I had my interview today and was approved!! I was asked for my police certs, birth cert, marriage cert and passport with photocopy and one of my 2x2 inch photos. I wasn't asked for anything else (tax returns/w2s/photos/DS-260). The woman at the first window who took my docs was super nice and calmed my nerves a little. She noted that because my father is Italian and I hold dual citizenship I need to also provide Italian police certificates, even though I never lived in Italy (no biggie as I ordered them just in case).

I was called up for the interview about 5-10mins later and was asked 4 questions by a super friendly interviewer...How did you meet your spouse? How many times did he come over to visit you? What kind of work did you do in Sweden and what happened when I was turned away at Dublin airport (denied entry and esta revoked for not having sufficient evidence of ties to Ireland).She was very friendly and just said once you get the italian police certs send them (free DPD delivery) back to us along with your passport and you're all set :)  I was in and out in about 30mins!!! 

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.