Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

665 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, SIRE said:

I had received the email from dpd but even before I was tracking, once I knew it was at the collection point I took a taxi and grabbed it ASAP. Received an email from dpd a few hours later that it was ready for collection and then received another email confirming it's delivered. 

My next question would be... How did you know it was at the collection point if you hadn't heard from DPD? I'd love to get it sooner. I've asked for it to be sent to sligo (that's where I live). If I call them, would I be able to go to Dublin and get it sooner?

My visa status is "ISSUED" as of this morning... Really hoping I can get my visa so I can keep my flight to Michigan which is booked for 22nd June or fly earlier even. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, S.Bannon said:

My next question would be... How did you know it was at the collection point if you hadn't heard from DPD? I'd love to get it sooner. I've asked for it to be sent to sligo (that's where I live). If I call them, would I be able to go to Dublin and get it sooner?

My visa status is "ISSUED" as of this morning... Really hoping I can get my visa so I can keep my flight to Michigan which is booked for 22nd June or fly earlier even. 

You'll receive an email from the embassy first stating that your visa and documents have been returned to the courier for pickup or collection along with a tracking number. It'll also say that it can take upto 2 business days for the courier co to update tracking information. I found dpd to be fairly quick. 

Timeline
Just now, SIRE said:

You'll receive an email from the embassy first stating that your visa and documents have been returned to the courier for pickup or collection along with a tracking number. It'll also say that it can take upto 2 business days for the courier co to update tracking information. I found dpd to be fairly quick. 

Ah, ok. That's really helpful. Thank you 

Timeline
1 hour ago, SIRE said:

It took a total of 9 days including weekends. Important to note that I didn't have to submit any documents or information after the interview. I took everything with me, like literally everything! 

I never received anything at all from dpd or the embassy. Luckily I emailed the dpd office in Galway and they confirmed it was there 

Timeline

A little advice for anyone who needs to send additional documents to the Embassy after a interview.  Now this was confusing as the officer who did the interview just told me he needed the documents scanned into the system and that is literally all you need to do, we did not have to send any copies or originals through DPD to the embassy which is a bit confusing.  After we sent the last information they needed it was all approved on a Wednesday, issued on that Friday, notified by DPD the following Wednesday and delivered on Thursday.   This was through a bank holiday weekend as well.  But just to save anyone any confusion unless the officer tells you they need that paperwork sent via DPD then just upload the documents into the CEAC.  

Oh and I also had to call the courier site that AIS place and get them to change my status from red to green or the embassy wouldn't of been able to send them my passport for some reason.  I don't really like the fact you have a secondary site that deals with your courier service like that and didn't update my status for whatever reason.  

Edited by IrishMosquito84

Timeline

Hi Folks,

For people still waiting for an interview. I received my interview date today: July 7th. My DQ was April 21st. I was really hopeful that they would sped things up and they did!

On 6/8/2021 at 1:15 PM, JimWahers1993 said:

I became DQ'd on the 19th of May. I'll keep you posted as to when we here back from the embassy. 
I was looking through the monthly reports for the embassy and they seem to be processing quite a large amount of visas.https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html Strangely more K1's than IR1/CR1's. So I'm convincing myself that they are picking up the pace and we'll hear back sooner than 3 months. Fingers crossed! 

Hi,

I just received my interview date today. 
So I was waiting 4 weeks from DQ to receive an interview date.

Interview is for early July. 

Hi Everyone,

Really excited today as I just received an email from the NVC stating that my embassy interview has been scheduled for the 14th of July. 

Looks like the embassy is really starting to pick up the pace. 

One issue I have is that when I try an register my appointment on the embassy website I get an error saying this case number is not ready for an appointment. 
I'm hoping that this is just a timing issue and that it should rectify itself in the morning. But I wanted to ask if anyone else experienced something similar? 

Also in relation to the medical. Are the results sent to the embassy the day of the medical? Assuming I can get an appointment I'm wondering how long before the interview is needed for my results to be ready the day of the interview. 

Thanks!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JimWahers1993 said:

Hi Everyone,

Really excited today as I just received an email from the NVC stating that my embassy interview has been scheduled for the 14th of July. 

One issue I have is that when I try an register my appointment on the embassy website I get an error saying this case number is not ready for an appointment. 
I'm hoping that this is just a timing issue and that it should rectify itself in the morning. But I wanted to ask if anyone else experienced something similar? 

Also in relation to the medical. Are the results sent to the embassy the day of the medical? Assuming I can get an appointment I'm wondering how long before the interview is needed for my results to be ready the day of the interview. 

Thanks!

Congrats on the interview date! They have certainly gotten through their backlog ❤️ 

I had that same issue with registering my appointment - there is an email address mentioned during that step that you can email to tell them your case number is not ready and they will unblock your number so you can register, they fixed it fairly quickly for me.

For spouses the medical results are sent directly to the embassy I think roughly 10 ten days after the medical - i'm guessing the embassy needs the medical results by the day of the interview, otherwise they will issue the visa once they receive them.

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JimWahers1993 said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Edited by S.Bannon

Timeline
18 hours ago, Lino_klm said:

Hi Folks,

For people still waiting for an interview. I received my interview date today: July 7th. My DQ was April 21st. I was really hopeful that they would sped things up and they did!

Congrats! That’s exciting. Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress. My DQ was May so I’m hoping I’ll hear next month and get an interview in August.

USCIS

Sep-2020 Married in Ireland

30-Oct-2020 - Submitted I-130 packet online

31-Oct-2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center)

##-Dec-2020 - Status Update (“Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS“)

31-Mar-2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 151 Days @ Nebraska Service Center)

NVC

03-Apr-2021 - Welcome Letter

09-Apr-2021 - Paid NVC Fees

##-Apr-2021 - Submit everything to NVC

03-May-2021 - Documents Qualified

Embassy

28-Jun-2021 - Interview Letter

20-Jul-2021 - Medical

20-Jul-2021 - Interview

05-Aug-2021 - CEAC status “Issued”

13-Aug-2021 - Visa in hand

##-Aug-2021 - Arrived to USA    👈 

Timeline
17 hours ago, JimWahers1993 said:

Hi,

I just received my interview date today. 
So I was waiting 4 weeks from DQ to receive an interview date.

Interview is for early July. 

Congrats! I’m surprised to hear that you received your interview letter before I did since I was DQ’d two weeks before you (May 3rd)… but glad to hear the embassy is requesting the month of May. Hopefully I’ll hear from them soon!

USCIS

Sep-2020 Married in Ireland

30-Oct-2020 - Submitted I-130 packet online

31-Oct-2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center)

##-Dec-2020 - Status Update (“Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS“)

31-Mar-2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 151 Days @ Nebraska Service Center)

NVC

03-Apr-2021 - Welcome Letter

09-Apr-2021 - Paid NVC Fees

##-Apr-2021 - Submit everything to NVC

03-May-2021 - Documents Qualified

Embassy

28-Jun-2021 - Interview Letter

20-Jul-2021 - Medical

20-Jul-2021 - Interview

05-Aug-2021 - CEAC status “Issued”

13-Aug-2021 - Visa in hand

##-Aug-2021 - Arrived to USA    👈 

Timeline
2 hours ago, S.Bannon said:

Visa Tracking Number. 

For those who have received their visa. Just wondering how you got a hold of the tracking number for the courier?

Update. Lol

Got the email with my tracking number today 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.