Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

665 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Finally got all my documents approved and status went from "rejected" to "Administrative processing" so I'm guessing that it means we have been approved.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

Finally got all my documents approved and status went from "rejected" to "Administrative processing" so I'm guessing that it means we have been approved.  

yay congrats!!!!

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline
21 hours ago, Lino_klm said:

Congratulations! What questions did they ask you? Did they ask for the 2020 tax documents?

Thanks!

I had them with me based on previous experiences others shared, I suppose they will ask for it if you don't already submit them.

Questions were similar to what the others mentioned earlier, how did you first meet, how many times in person meet ups, if both of us knew families of each other, if you were living separately or together, a few questions about job and career, a few specific to my case. I think there are a few standard questions and some related to a specific individual's case based on info you provided to USCIS and NVC. Hope that helps.

Timeline

interview tomorrow.

The evening before the big day. Just a couple last minute housekeeping Q's. How have you all presented your documents when handing them in at the interview? Have you put them in a strict order? Labeled them?

Edited by S.Bannon

Timeline Question

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting here so apologies if I'm asking in the wrong area or if timeline questions are posted elsewhere. 

I became documentarily qualified on the 19th of May 2021 for a CR-1 visa. I believe I'm now waiting to hear from the Dublin Embassy on an interview date. 

Does anyone have experience or know what general time frame I'm looking at between DQ and Hearing back from the embassy. 

I know all these dates are completely up in the air, but I'm cautiously hopefully people have started to get more consistency from the embassy within the last couple of months. 

Thanks in advance

***EDIT***

Right after I posted this I seen the icon to look at peoples timelines.

Looks like 3 months. 

Can people tell me what Embassy received stands for? 

Edited by JimWahers1993

Timeline
14 hours ago, S.Bannon said:

interview tomorrow.

The evening before the big day. Just a couple last minute housekeeping Q's. How have you all presented your documents when handing them in at the interview? Have you put them in a strict order? Labeled them?

I got a black file folder and just put my paperwork in the order they had on the list and labeled them with the labels provided with the folder.  That way you know where everything is and don't have to fidget around looking for stuff. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

It is hard reading some of the issues people are facing and some of the harsh views people have taken. CR-1 has been totted as family over k1 at times as I have read through this thread. Some of us K1s filed just at the start of covid and could only wish to be with our partners. We also have children with our partners or have chosen not to marry until we are together. K-1 should not be looked down on for being prioritised as it can be just as much family as a husband and wife. When did marriage become such an important indicator of family? It is awful that CRs are not being processed as fast but that is nothing to do with K1s.  In a time of great heart break and wait times for all, why turn on each other. 

Its just hard for all of us. Apologies for the rant. It is just difficult to read these things when coming to forums for support and information.

Timeline
12 hours ago, JimWahers1993 said:

Timeline Question

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting here so apologies if I'm asking in the wrong area or if timeline questions are posted elsewhere. 

I became documentarily qualified on the 19th of May 2021 for a CR-1 visa. I believe I'm now waiting to hear from the Dublin Embassy on an interview date. 

Does anyone have experience or know what general time frame I'm looking at between DQ and Hearing back from the embassy. 

I know all these dates are completely up in the air, but I'm cautiously hopefully people have started to get more consistency from the embassy within the last couple of months. 

Thanks in advance

***EDIT***

Right after I posted this I seen the icon to look at peoples timelines.

Looks like 3 months. 

Can people tell me what Embassy received stands for? 

I'm not really sure what the time frame is you're looking at as the covid shut downs really screwed with how long it took to get a interview.  We were DQ'd on October 5th of 2020 and didn't get our interview till May 5th so depending on what the government does here with shutting everything down who knows what time frame your looking at maybe a month or two till you get a interview I'd say.  

Embassy Received means the NVC sent your paperwork to the Embassy and they have your paperwork and you should have a email about a interview soon. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, LauraSt said:

It is hard reading some of the issues people are facing and some of the harsh views people have taken. CR-1 has been totted as family over k1 at times as I have read through this thread. Some of us K1s filed just at the start of covid and could only wish to be with our partners. We also have children with our partners or have chosen not to marry until we are together. K-1 should not be looked down on for being prioritised as it can be just as much family as a husband and wife. When did marriage become such an important indicator of family? It is awful that CRs are not being processed as fast but that is nothing to do with K1s.  In a time of great heart break and wait times for all, why turn on each other. 

Its just hard for all of us. Apologies for the rant. It is just difficult to read these things when coming to forums for support and information.

Who's turning on anyone?  Im pretty sure everyone here is trying to help others.  It's not our faults that the embassy is handling things this way.  At the end of the day we all are in the same boat no matter what the visa is CR or K1, if a certain visa isn't getting attention its not our fault its the way the embassy is going about things.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
43 minutes ago, IrishMosquito84 said:

Who's turning on anyone?  Im pretty sure everyone here is trying to help others.  It's not our faults that the embassy is handling things this way.  At the end of the day we all are in the same boat no matter what the visa is CR or K1, if a certain visa isn't getting attention its not our fault its the way the embassy is going about things.  

OK so I agree the language was too harsh but there are posts that note that it is unfair for reasons such as CR1s are family. I guess its just hard to read because all our emotions are tough right now. For us, my daughters dad is all alone with no family around and living in a place where he knows very few people. I know my story is not unique and that is why it can be hard to read people stating those things. I understand why, they are as upset and frustrated as us and there is no intention to upset anyone as with my post. So I apologise that it was too harsh.

Timeline
1 minute ago, LauraSt said:

OK so I agree the language was too harsh but there are posts that note that it is unfair for reasons such as CR1s are family. I guess its just hard to read because all our emotions are tough right now. For us, my daughters dad is all alone with no family around and living in a place where he knows very few people. I know my story is not unique and that is why it can be hard to read people stating those things. I understand why, they are as upset and frustrated as us and there is no intention to upset anyone as with my post. So I apologise that it was too harsh.

Its totally understandable that you are frustrated and fed up with this whole process but just know everyone here is in the same boat and we are willing to help out the best we can to make each others experience a little less stressful.  Good luck to you and I hope you are united with your loved one.  

Timeline

VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED. 

Went into the embassy for my interview at 1.30 left at 1.52. Wow, can't believe it went by so fast. 

Was asked 4 questions and that was that..

Nothing like hearing those words,

"It's my pleasure to welcome you to the United States of America." 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, S.Bannon said:

VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED. 

Went into the embassy for my interview at 1.30 left at 1.52. Wow, can't believe it went by so fast. 

Was asked 4 questions and that was that..

Nothing like hearing those words,

"It's my pleasure to welcome you to the United States of America." 

Congrats!! Hope you receive your visa soon. Is there a lot of people having interviews at the same time or you were the only one?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lino_klm said:

Congrats!! Hope you receive your visa soon. Is there a lot of people having interviews at the same time or you were the only one?

There were 3 of us in there. I was IR1 spousal. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, S.Bannon said:

There were 3 of us in there. I was IR1 spousal. 

Thanks! I assume if they're prioritizing Immigrants visas, it should get faster for us... Enjoy your new life! Please let us know when you receive your visa :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.