Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

665 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Linos said:

Got mine today too!!!!!!! I'm in shock!

So happy reading this!!! I've been following this thread to see how things are moving along, we're currently waiting for our documents to be qualified (should be next week based on NVC timeframe). It looks like if we're qualified by next week there's a good chance we could be back in sunny Florida by October!

Also huge thank you to everyone who has posted updates, you've definitely prevented us from leaving out information/ not submitting everything we're supposed to.

Best of luck with your interview 😀

Timeline

Thank you so much for all the information here. I uploaded my wife 2020 taxes as well. I don't know though if the Gardai would issue another police certificate. Mine was issued on December 2020 and reading all of your messages my interview will be in July at best.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Lino_klm said:

Thank you so much for all the information here. I uploaded my wife 2020 taxes as well. I don't know though if the Gardai would issue another police certificate. Mine was issued on December 2020 and reading all of your messages my interview will be in July at best.

Hi. I sent off for a second police certificate, I just included a note in the back explaining the situation and US visa requirements. I got it with no issues. 

Timeline
Just now, S.Bannon said:

Hi. I sent off for a second police certificate, I just included a note in the back explaining the situation and US visa requirements. I got it with no issues. 

Got it! I think it might depend on the district. Thanks!!

Timeline
On 5/10/2021 at 1:32 PM, SIRE said:

Agreed, only a handful of ppl are on forums but per the medical exam, the lady said they are packed and booked for month and a half every day all day. Suggests there are loads and loads out there waiting for interviews like us.

I booked mine before even having the interview notice. I told her that the embassy website states that's our responsability to schedule the exam before the interview.

Timeline
On 5/18/2021 at 8:30 PM, SIRE said:

Haha, she had her interview today.

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay! My husband had his interview Tuesday and it went really well! They asked for the police certificate, birth & marriage certificates, tax information along with how we met, when we got married, and asked questions about his previous job when we lived in the US before. They also asked about the i601 waiver we had approved back in 2012. The only thing that didn’t pass was his passport photos. They said they were too old and he needed updated ones. He asked if he could get them and bring them back but they said no. So we got them yesterday and overnighted them. They said once those are received, they’ll issue his visa. I’m hoping it’s a fast turnaround as we r already booked our flights! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Thewander said:

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay! My husband had his interview Tuesday and it went really well! They asked for the police certificate, birth & marriage certificates, tax information along with how we met, when we got married, and asked questions about his previous job when we lived in the US before. They also asked about the i601 waiver we had approved back in 2012. The only thing that didn’t pass was his passport photos. They said they were too old and he needed updated ones. He asked if he could get them and bring them back but they said no. So we got them yesterday and overnighted them. They said once those are received, they’ll issue his visa. I’m hoping it’s a fast turnaround as we r already booked our flights! 

Best news ever!!!!! VERY happy for you!

Timeline

Called the Mater today and got a medical appointment for July 9th. It was the earliest they had available even though my interview date is June 4th. It's something I suppose. 

Timeline

Hi all, I just got confirmation of my interview appointment for late June. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience with Police Certificates? 

During the process I followed the guidelines provided which stated a police certificate had to be obtained "If you have ever lived in another country for 12 months or more."

However the email from the embassy in Dublin regarding my interview states: "Each applicant aged 16 years or over is required to submit a police certificate from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least six months"

During the process I did attempt to check if the Dublin embassy had any different requirements for the documents needed for the interview but I never found anything on this. This now leaves me in the position of getting two extra certificates. I'm imagining there isn't any way around this but wondering if anyone encountered the same issue/how they dealt with it?

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
10 hours ago, ChrisV1 said:

Hi all, I just got confirmation of my interview appointment for late June. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience with Police Certificates? 

During the process I followed the guidelines provided which stated a police certificate had to be obtained "If you have ever lived in another country for 12 months or more."

However the email from the embassy in Dublin regarding my interview states: "Each applicant aged 16 years or over is required to submit a police certificate from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least six months"

During the process I did attempt to check if the Dublin embassy had any different requirements for the documents needed for the interview but I never found anything on this. This now leaves me in the position of getting two extra certificates. I'm imagining there isn't any way around this but wondering if anyone encountered the same issue/how they dealt with it?

Thanks!

It doesn’t look like there’s anyway around it unfortunately, but they have been sound about people needing to submit final documents post interview. 

It’s extremely frustrating if they require a cert for any country >6 months.  I’m K1, but in the document we got it outlines the police cert requirements in this table, and it doesn’t make a huge amount of sense that the requirements would differ? Though what about this process does make sense 🤣 But on the UK US embassy website it lists the police cert requirements similarly to the attached table. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/required-documents/?_ga=2.88434781.798573009.1621838411-1590935503.1621838411 

Why is the Dublin embassy so awkward 😫

18FA21DC-5927-46B2-B04A-F4C45E87372C.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mjdp89 said:

It’s so hard to get through with them to book an appointment. 😟

I was on hold for about 30 mins before I got through to someone. I’ve heard early morning is the best time to call?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.