KK and RB

I-130 case transfer, Apr 2020 filer

22 posts in this topic

On 2/3/2021 at 2:00 AM, Lii said:

I just got an email from USCIS saying that they won't give any information because the person requesting the information is not the petitioner (me) or the applicant (my wife) - even though the applicant (my wife) IS the person sending the email from her own email account, and even though the USCIS email itself says "Caller Indicated They Are APPLICANT of Petitioner". :(.

Using correct terminology is vital in getting accurate information from USCIS.  The I-130 is a petition, not an application.  As such, there is no applicant.  The I-130 only has PETITIONER and BENEFICIARY.  The beneficiary becomes a visa applicant only AFTER the petition has been approved and the DS-260 application form has been submitted.  USCIS gave the appropriate response to your wife as the beneficiary is not one of those allowed to file a service request for the petition.

On 2/3/2021 at 5:31 PM, KK and RB said:

Oh no... so a moron misunderstood? 

USCIS gave the appropriate response to the wife, who is the BENEFICIARY of the I-130 petition, not the applicant.  The I-130 is a petition, not an application, so there is no applicant.  The beneficiary is not one of those allowed to log a service request for the petition; only the petitioner or the registered legal representative of the petitioner may do so.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Chancy said:

Using correct terminology is vital in getting accurate information from USCIS.  The I-130 is a petition, not an application.  As such, there is no applicant.  The I-130 only has PETITIONER and BENEFICIARY.  The beneficiary becomes a visa applicant only AFTER the petition has been approved and the DS-260 application form has been submitted.  USCIS gave the appropriate response to your wife as the beneficiary is not one of those allowed to file a service request for the petition.

I get that.

If I select I-130 as the form I am requesting information about, why does it ask if the person requesting the info is an "Applicant" if there is no applicant at that stage in the process?

This whole thing is pretty lame, so I'm just gonna wait.  It's a waste of energy to deal with USCIS. 

Thanks everyone for the various tips.

Mahalo!

11 hours ago, Lii said:

If I select I-130 as the form I am requesting information about, why does it ask if the person requesting the info is an "Applicant" if there is no applicant at that stage in the process?

Because the ONPT inquiry page is the same one used for various USCIS forms, such as the I-485 which does have an applicant.  It is lame that the page is not customized based on the form selected.

• 2 months later...
On 12/24/2020 at 2:15 PM, KK and RB said:

Is there anyone your case transferred to  a service center with longer average processing times?
I got Nebraska but my case transferred to Potomac without notice. 
I believe transfer lightening the burden on service center but Potomac processing time is much longer than Nebraska now, so my transfer doesn’t make sense.
Should I wait to inquire based on Potomac processing time or can I ask on Nebraska processing time?
Since USCIS says transfer doesn’t make delay so it’s very unfair if my case will take longer than Nebraska

The same happened to us. We filed for the I-130 online in October 2020 and were transferred from Nebraska to Potomac. Have you heard anything regarding your case?

Very sad to see the difference in processing times between Nebraska and Potomac.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, ASHR2020 said:

The same happened to us. We filed for the I-130 online in October 2020 and were transferred from Nebraska to Potomac. Have you heard anything regarding your case?

Very sad to see the difference in processing times between Nebraska and Potomac.

I know your feelings. I chased USCIS again and again and got my visa approved finally!

If it takes so long you should make a query fromfrom the website

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.