Lynxwarden

Applied for work authorization renewal.. should I have received a receipt notice by now

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi! First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong category ;-;

I filed to renew my work authorization here in the US around November 7th along with a G-1450 form. It's December now, and I haven't heard anything. We're without a car currently so instead of going to the post office my husband opted to put it in the mail box. It was raining that day and I remember being paranoid and going out to check to see if the envelope was still in good condition; the envelope was gone with new mail taking it place, so I want to think they did take it.

Also, is it possible there was a delay in them receiving it due to us sending it off so-to-speak while they were counting the ballot for the election.

I'm just worried it never arrived. My work autho runs out in March and I really like my job I have now, but I know I will lose it if things don't go to plan. I wrote the correct address and stamped it accordingly. Should I have heard something by now?

Edited by Lynxwarden
forgot tags

I-129F Case Received - August 29 2018

I-129F Approved - January 27 2019

Case Moved to Consulate - March 05 2019

Medical Exam Completed - March 21 2019

Interview - Done and Accepted on May 9th 2019 ❤️ 

Moved countries on May 19

17 minutes ago, Lynxwarden said:

Hi! First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong category ;-;

I filed to renew my work authorization here in the US around November 7th along with a G-1450 form. It's December now, and I haven't heard anything. We're without a car currently so instead of going to the post office my husband opted to put it in the mail box. It was raining that day and I remember being paranoid and going out to check to see if the envelope was still in good condition; the envelope was gone with new mail taking it place, so I want to think they did take it.

Also, is it possible there was a delay in them receiving it due to us sending it off so-to-speak while they were counting the ballot for the election.

I'm just worried it never arrived. My work autho runs out in March and I really like my job I have now, but I know I will lose it if things don't go to plan. I wrote the correct address and stamped it accordingly. Should I have heard something by now?

This happened to our AP, which is still MIA.  We used UPS and mailed it directly to the building address with our EAD.  EAD was dine and go renewed but AP who knows.  Because it has been more than 30 days since you mailed it, I would submit an inquiry.  We still don’t know where the AP went/is for our case but the inquiry got us an interview and my husband GC will come within the next week.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed
June 2024 - Biometrics Reused
July 2024 - Approved (NO INTERVIEW) and GC received.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

This happened to our AP, which is still MIA.  We used UPS and mailed it directly to the building address with our EAD.  EAD was dine and go renewed but AP who knows.  Because it has been more than 30 days since you mailed it, I would submit an inquiry.  We still don’t know where the AP went/is for our case but the inquiry got us an interview and my husband GC will come within the next week.

Dang, that's rough! How did you go about filing an inquiry? I've also got a pending AOS case I haven't heard back from since about November of last year

1 hour ago, Lynxwarden said:

Dang, that's rough! How did you go about filing an inquiry? I've also got a pending AOS case I haven't heard back from since about November of last year

Sorry for the typos, my phone is bonkers.  LOL

Go to USCIS and go to the “Check Case Status” page.  Then, click on “submit case inquiry”.  It will ask for all of your details.  They should respond within a month.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Just for comparison, I mailed my EAD & AP renewals on November 23rd and received a text message last Friday (Dec 11th) with my case numbers. When I looked up the numbers, the applications had actually been accepted on Dec 3rd, so it's taking them a while to send the notifications.

As you haven't heard anything, I'd definitely follow  @Fe.Ta's advice and submit a case inquiry!

Timeline
On 12/15/2020 at 3:26 PM, MavsFan77 said:

Just for comparison, I mailed my EAD & AP renewals on November 23rd and received a text message last Friday (Dec 11th) with my case numbers. When I looked up the numbers, the applications had actually been accepted on Dec 3rd, so it's taking them a while to send the notifications.

As you haven't heard anything, I'd definitely follow  @Fe.Ta's advice and submit a case inquiry!

I definitely will! I just want to know they at least received it - if they didnt I can go from there

Timeline
On 12/14/2020 at 7:28 PM, Fe.Ta said:

Sorry for the typos, my phone is bonkers.  LOL

Go to USCIS and go to the “Check Case Status” page.  Then, click on “submit case inquiry”.  It will ask for all of your details.  They should respond within a month.

I'm checking it out now! Now I'm looking at the case inquiry options now - a lot of them seem to ask for a receipt number, but I don't have one since we haven't gotten a receipt notice or any notice it's been received, what should I do there? it seems I can't submit an inquiry without a receipt number

18 hours ago, Lynxwarden said:

I'm checking it out now! Now I'm looking at the case inquiry options now - a lot of them seem to ask for a receipt number, but I don't have one since we haven't gotten a receipt notice or any notice it's been received, what should I do there? it seems I can't submit an inquiry without a receipt number

I would do it with the AOS to see if it will trigger some action on that case.  So, use the receipt number for the AOS.  Under comments, state that you also submitted the renewal and that no receipt was ever issued, so you are concerned about that too, but don’t have a case  number.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 12/14/2020 at 3:04 PM, Fe.Ta said:

Was your filing for AP within the 120 days window? Maybe they just ignored it because it wasn't? Not that it matters anymore 😅 I was just wondering 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Was your filing for AP within the 120 days window? Maybe they just ignored it because it wasn't? Not that it matters anymore 😅 I was just wondering 

I thought it was within 150 days? I just calculated when I filed for my renewal and it was about 139 days prior to when my current employment authorization runs out. 

On 12/18/2020 at 5:50 AM, Fe.Ta said:

I would do it with the AOS to see if it will trigger some action on that case.  So, use the receipt number for the AOS.  Under comments, state that you also submitted the renewal and that no receipt was ever issued, so you are concerned about that too, but don’t have a case  number.

Actually, some good news came out of this - the same day I made this post I got an update on my AOS case and they're sending out an interview letter!

44 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

AP/EAD expired 02/21/2021 and renewal arrived on 10/14/2020, so there might be some truth to that.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

40 minutes ago, Lynxwarden said:

I thought it was within 150 days? I just calculated when I filed for my renewal and it was about 139 days prior to when my current employment authorization runs out. 

Actually, some good news came out of this - the same day I made this post I got an update on my AOS case and they're sending out an interview letter!

Awesome! Good luck and keep us posted!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Lynxwarden said:

You can file for both together at 180 days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

You can file for both together at 180 days.

I was preparing my renewal 3 weeks ago because I was thinking about 180 days but then I saw that AP is only 120 days so that's why I decided to wait and send both together then. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Letspaintcookies said:

I was preparing my renewal 3 weeks ago because I was thinking about 180 days but then I saw that AP is only 120 days so that's why I decided to wait and send both together then. 

It's 120 days when you send AP by itself. If you're sending both EAD and AP to receive a combo card, you can send both at 180 days. I sent mine at 175 days back in July.

Edited by Ayrton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.