waraywarayako

Filipino’s Dual Citizenship

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just recently filed my dual citizenship ( virtual submission of files, in short I just emailed my documents ) depends which state your located at with jurisdiction of Phil consulate, in my case I submitted mine https://newyorkpcg.org/pcgny/consular-services/dual-citizenship-ra-9225/ http://newyorkpcg.org/pcgny/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/9NovDual-Citizenship-Application-Form-11-November-2020.pdf    after 3 years of being a naturalized citizen. Two of my boys was born Filipino father from previous marriage, and one is American born, now 3 years of age (girl) with my present husband.                                        What to do and how to do it?                         For married Filipina to a (foreigner ) with dependents:  First thing, file a Report of Marriage at Philippine consulate submitted ours (July 19, 2015) at the same time I applied new passport with my current family name. At that time I’m still on my adjustment of status. Fast forward, 3 years after of all bulky papers for USCIS here comes my notice for oathtaking that would take place July 2017. I was about to give birth to (newborn baby) a week after my due was supposed to be my oathtaking so I have to visit USCIS for rescheduling my oathtaking for Naturalization, exciting!   Finally, received my scheduled appointment for my oathtaking, (Sept. 19, 2017), but before that, filed my daughter’s Report of Birth (Sept 13, 2017) and Philippine passport (she is now a dual citizenship of US & Philippines by virtue of birth from one Filipino parent before becoming a citizen).  On the other hand, my 2nd son who is now 18 yrs of age is  my dependent, as the other one is of age to file for his own.                                                              As of now: 

The Consulate finds that your submission appears to be complete and in order.  Note that the Consulate would require you to submit/present originals of the documents you submitted by email.

At present, our schedule is full until the end of February 2021.  The Consulate will communicate with you in due course on the next steps/status of your application.

The Consulate also wishes to inform you that the IATF has eased up travel restrictions in the Philippines for former Filipinos and this is reflected in the Consulate's Advisory No 31: https://newyorkpcg.org/pcgny/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Advisory-No.-31.png

*In all cases, the evaluating officer may require the submission of additional documents.

**Any incorrect information in the application form and/or documents submitted may result in delay or rejection of your application and that misrepresentation on your part may be considered grounds for refusal/cancellation of your application.

55835902_2166540860104293_3513071265722138624_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=dbb9e7&_nc_ohc=LHt8_Z4TLy0AX9lxYqW&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&tp=6&oh=91e4a1b55a531ae5d7123aad54b81299&oe=5FCCFB0A
  PHILIPPINE CONSULATE GENERAL NEW YORK
  556 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10036
   www.newyorkpcg.org
   Facebook icon    Twitter icon   Instagram icon
Edited by waraywarayako

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from Off Topic to the Philippines forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.