Ksenia_O

N-426 certification

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi, guys.

My son  joined NAVY on April 30 of 2020 And after Completion of A and C schools arrived to his first Commend 2 weeks ago.

He already has his N-400 "ready to go" but got stuck with N-426 certification... The instruction says that ONLY military personnel, serving in pay grade O-6 or above, can certify the form. But there is nobody at this grade on son's base... 

So... How does it actually work ? Where or who do you start from/with to request a certification of N-426?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 12/10/2020 at 5:00 PM, Ksenia_O said:

Hi, guys.

My son  joined NAVY on April 30 of 2020 And after Completion of A and C schools arrived to his first Commend 2 weeks ago.

He already has his N-400 "ready to go" but got stuck with N-426 certification... The instruction says that ONLY military personnel, serving in pay grade O-6 or above, can certify the form. But there is nobody at this grade on son's base... 

So... How does it actually work ? Where or who do you start from/with to request a certification of N-426?

Thank you!

Hey there! 
I joined the military in August 2020, and already sent my N-400 to USCIS. So when I needed N-426, I went to legal office in my A-school, and they did everything for me, because we don’t have access to people with such high rank as O-6 or above. So I would recommend you to find a legal representative at his command, and let them do their job 😃 It should be pretty easy, they should know what to do! Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/10/2020 at 5:00 PM, Ksenia_O said:

Hi, guys.

Thank you!

If I am right, O6 in the Navy is a Captain, tell him to ask his chain of command, he will not be able to walk up to an O6 for his signature, his chain of command has to pass it up from the ranks up till it gets to him, in the Army, O6 is a Colonel and you hardly see those lol, I have only seen 4 in person in almost 2 years in :D so I gave it to my first in line who passed it up to our Captain (Which is O3 in the Army) and I got it back in 3 weeks fully signed by my Brigade O6.

There has to be a O6 that can sign his N426 around.

Edited by kemm360
Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I know there’s no O-6 in my command... Legal office mailed my papers to different state, it was the only option for me. But again I didn’t go anywhere but the legal office, they did the rest for me. I think your son should find a legal office in his command, it’s their job anyway to deal with immigration process, they know more about it, and he doesn’t have to stress out about it.

Edited by Panda & Bear

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Panda & Bear said:

I know there’s no O-6 in my command... Legal office mailed my papers to different state, it was the only option for me. But again I didn’t go anywhere but the legal office, they did the rest for me. I think your son should find a legal office in his command, it’s their job anyway to deal with immigration process, they know more about it, and he doesn’t have to stress out about it.

Our 06 office is just blocks away.  GoArmy... Beat Navy! :D 

Citizenship
Event Date
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  

Timeline
On 12/12/2020 at 11:18 AM, Panda & Bear said:

Hey there! 
I joined the military in August 2020, and already sent my N-400 to USCIS. So when I needed N-426, I went to legal office in my A-school, and they did everything for me, because we don’t have access to people with such high rank as O-6 or above. So I would recommend you to find a legal representative at his command, and let them do their job 😃 It should be pretty easy, they should know what to do! Good luck!

Thank you!  Son already got the contact information of Region Legal Service Office (RLSO) so I guess that's the people he is going to deal with.

Thanks again!

On 12/12/2020 at 9:43 PM, kemm360 said:

If I am right, O6 in the Navy is a Captain, tell him to ask his chain of command, he will not be able to walk up to an O6 for his signature, his chain of command has to pass it up from the ranks up till it gets to him, in the Army, O6 is a Colonel and you hardly see those lol, I have only seen 4 in person in almost 2 years in :D so I gave it to my first in line who passed it up to our Captain (Which is O3 in the Army) and I got it back in 3 weeks fully signed by my Brigade O6.

There has to be a O6 that can sign his N426 around.

Thank you! 

Timeline
On 12/12/2020 at 10:28 PM, kemm360 said:

Our 06 office is just blocks away.  GoArmy... Beat Navy! :D 

Common :D
My husband is Army veteran, son - is in NAVY.

I guess I'll  always be in the "middle", somehow :) :) 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Ksenia_O said:

Common :D
My husband is Army veteran, son - is in NAVY.

I guess I'll  always be in the "middle", somehow :) :) 

:) Thank you for your support. 

Citizenship
Event Date
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.