justinedr

CFO telecounseling requirements

80 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, snydez99 said:

Do they ask for exact dates i.e. Month/day/year or just moth/year?

trying to figure out how exacting we need to be

They just ask the questions. Its up to her how she answers. I will PM you what my wife had. She had already memorized it all so she didn't even keep it open during the interview. I was on a Skype call with my wife during the call so I listened to the entire interview,

Well, she passed !!! 

I'm having trouble with the registration form on the second page it asks for Petitioners Data at the bottom of page. Then it asks for year of

migration? Now I'm assuming I'm the Petitioner right? I never migrated? Or is it her year of Migration? Or is she the Petitioner? I admit I'm a 

little confused? Also my wife doesn't have a landline, but can't leave blank spaces so just enter mobile again? 

Thanks Steve

Year of Migration

1 hour ago, snydez99 said:

Well, she passed !!! 

I'm having trouble with the registration form on the second page it asks for Petitioners Data at the bottom of page. Then it asks for year of

migration? Now I'm assuming I'm the Petitioner right? I never migrated? Or is it her year of Migration? Or is she the Petitioner? I admit I'm a 

little confused? Also my wife doesn't have a landline, but can't leave blank spaces so just enter mobile again? 

Thanks Steve

Year of Migration

I think I put my year of birth on that question. Just enter her mobile number 2x

Hooray CFO paid, certificate issued, printed done

Interestingly, my wife did a similar class before as she went to Saudi Arabia to work when her husband got sick. When she told conselor that & that I'm ok all was good!! 

Late husband that is

Interestingly, my wife did a similar class before as she went to Saudi Arabia to work when her husband got sick. When she told conselor that & that I'm ok all was good!! 

Thanks so much for all the help guys!!

48 minutes ago, snydez99 said:

Thanks so much for all the help guys!!

She has to get out of there quick too right? Just remember if she gets a positive Covid test have her hurry and get another at a different location. There are sometimes false positives.

Does Philippine Immigration still charge a terminal/flight charge on Filipino's leaving the country? My wife & I went to Hong Kong for our honeymoon &

Thailand later & both times we needed to pay those fees for her. I think I heard these fee's aren't charged anymore? 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2020 at 10:38 AM, justinedr said:

hi im prepping docs for my cfo counseling next week. just dont know what Proof of Residency/Alien Registration Card is. is this his proof of residency in the philippines? petitioner is a filipino who got naturalized 9yrs ago.

This looks like CFO is a religious organization protecting morality of Filipinas abroad.

They are more interested in civil status certificates than visa / passports / purpose of travel. 

BI and CFO are not so much interested about morality of Filipinas in the country - they don't check civil status of all the sexpats coming to have fun, they don't do much about millions of single moms, etc.

On 12/9/2020 at 5:41 PM, flicks1998 said:

OK great thanks.  Yes, I would definitely be over prepared as I doubt there is any consistency in this.  One "counselor" will request certain documents while another will want others.  Once we get going on this process Ill post the experience. 

For this reason it would be great to make a ranking of CFO counselors - emails of those friendly ones and those turbo nasty onces

On 10/4/2021 at 10:09 AM, snydez99 said:

Does Philippine Immigration still charge a terminal/flight charge on Filipino's leaving the country? My wife & I went to Hong Kong for our honeymoon &

Thailand later & both times we needed to pay those fees for her. I think I heard these fee's aren't charged anymore?

I think it is 1650 pesos. They were supposed to charge us. I brought 2k pesos just in case. The agent at PAL lived in same city as my wife so he didn't charge us.

14 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

I think it is 1650 pesos. They were supposed to charge us. I brought 2k pesos just in case. The agent at PAL lived in same city as my wife so he didn't charge us.

Its 1620 pesos for adults and 810 for children.  However, if children have a foreign passport, they normally do not have to pay this fee.  Or, sometimes the fee is just waived if not already in your ticket.  Its all about convincing the airline employee.  In the past, it was difficult to get around the fee as airlines never included it in the fare, so you would have several checks at the airport that you had paid the fee.  Now with it buried in the cost of most air tickets, nobody checks for it. 

Typically OFWs can reclaim this back after they check in at the airport.  In the past, there has been a specific area in each of the terminals for this and can be identified by the long lines of passengers appling for their refund.  Depending on the type of visa a foreigner has, or how long they have been in the country, they may be subjected to this fee as well, over 365 days in country being the most common.  Also, if you rebook your departure flight by phone in the Philippines, they will charge this fee, but if you go to the office to rebook your flight, then the travel tax is not charged. :)  The Philippines is the only or one of very few countries that actually charges its citizens to leave.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

25 minutes ago, geezerpl said:

For this reason it would be great to make a ranking of CFO counselors - emails of those friendly ones and those turbo nasty onces

Its a good idea, the only problem is you never know who you will be assigned.  Its all kind of arbitrary.  I guess you ask for a certain counselor based on recommendation from another person, but my feeling is they just assign who is available.  The problem with the CFO counselors is there is no consistency.  We had a very easy counselor, while others have horrendous ones.  Its just the luck of the draw.  However, doing the CFO over the phone is much better than the old way of an in-class seminar.  There are many horror stories from those.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.