seekingthetruth

NBI with AKA, Can It Be Done Online?

21 posts in this topic

I didn't want to hijack the other thread.

There seems to be information that you can get NBI with AKA online.  Is that correct?  Or only for a renewal?

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would think with a married person they would do the AKA for all married names with every request.   NBI seems to be doing that according to the person in the other topic

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, seekingthetruth said:

There seems to be information that you can get NBI with AKA online.  Is that correct?  Or only for a renewal?

If you've gone in person to the NBI to get your fingerprints done within the past 6 years? you can renew online. If you haven't ever been to their office in person, you need to go to get some things entered into their database. 

35 minutes ago, user555 said:

If you've gone in person to the NBI to get your fingerprints done within the past 6 years? you can renew online. If you haven't ever been to their office in person, you need to go to get some things entered into their database. 

OK, got it!  I don't think my wife has done that in the last 6 years so she will have to go to the office.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

3 hours ago, seekingthetruth said:

OK, got it!  I don't think my wife has done that in the last 6 years so she will have to go to the office.

She can just show up at the NBI office on United Nations and apply for it. She can pick it up within a week. Quick and easy. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

1 hour ago, flicks1998 said:

She can just show up at the NBI office on United Nations and apply for it. She can pick it up within a week. Quick and easy. 

We living in Subic Bay so we will use the NBI office here.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

5 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Unlike before, she can't just walk in without an online request. However, if she (or anyone for that matter) walks in without one, there is a bunch of fixers right outside the gate (at least at the main branch) who offer to create online requests for Php50 each. For those who do not have a hit, the clearance is available on the same day. For those with hits, they will be asked to come back 2 days later.

11 hours ago, seekingthetruth said:

All types of requests (renewal or first-time), should be done online. You can include the AKA in your online request too. Please see steps below (sharing from my post in the other thread):

1. Register here: https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/
  2. After registration, you will be taken to the information page. Make sure to type on the AKA names field when you fill it out.
  3. Create request for clearance. Select the branch and the appointment date. I highly suggest getting this done at the NBI Clearance Center in Manila because once paid, you can come anytime regardless of when your appointment is scheduled. (I selected Robinsons Metro East branch for Dec 10, but went to the NBI Clearance Center today, 9 Dec).
  4. Pay the fee (I used GCash, very convenient. But there are other options like online banking, over the counter in banks, etc).
  5. Go to the NBI Clearance Center and get the clearance.

Please follow the instructions in chronological order. You have to enter the AKA names in the information page BEFORE you create a request for clearance.  Also, please double check the info on the screen that they will show you at the biometrics section. Ask the staff twice, thrice, or 4 times just to be sure that the AKA is included.

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

6 minutes ago, angeljolie said:

All types of requests (renewal or first-time), should be done online. You can include the AKA in your online request too. Please see steps below (sharing from my post in the other thread):

Yes, I saw the other post too!  Very clear now, thanks!

Spouse

Stepdaughter

I would just like to add that getting an AKA on the NBI clearance has been difficult for my wife. Unless you have a previous marriage or other names they won't add it. At least that was our experience in Manila (UN Ave). They told my wife it would need to be a request from the embassy and if they added her maiden name as an AKA it would cause problems (and it wouldn't make sense to do so). We have gone to the NBI three times to try to get it and they even had her speak to "someone upstairs". Hoping they don't require it during the interview since all of her names are already listed on the clearance.

18 hours ago, angeljolie said:

Unlike before, she can't just walk in without an online request. However, if she (or anyone for that matter) walks in without one, there is a bunch of fixers right outside the gate (at least at the main branch) who offer to create online requests for Php50 each. For those who do not have a hit, the clearance is available on the same day. For those with hits, they will be asked to come back 2 days later.

1. Register here: https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/
  2. After registration, you will be taken to the information page. Make sure to type on the AKA names field when you fill it out.
  3. Create request for clearance. Select the branch and the appointment date. I highly suggest getting this done at the NBI Clearance Center in Manila because once paid, you can come anytime regardless of when your appointment is scheduled. (I selected Robinsons Metro East branch for Dec 10, but went to the NBI Clearance Center today, 9 Dec).
  4. Pay the fee (I used GCash, very convenient. But there are other options like online banking, over the counter in banks, etc).
  5. Go to the NBI Clearance Center and get the clearance.

Please follow the instructions in chronological order. You have to enter the AKA names in the information page BEFORE you create a request for clearance.  Also, please double check the info on the screen that they will show you at the biometrics section. Ask the staff twice, thrice, or 4 times just to be sure that the AKA is included.

Good Day,

I too did not want to hijack another's thread but the two are similar so I decided to post here. I tried the link to register my wife for aka online. It kept coming up that the system could not find her NBI ID number.  Then I tried the verification area and it did come up but said it was expired already.  This was a mystery since the NBI form was just renewed and expires in November 2021.  I sent my wife to the local NBI here in Pampanga. I provided her with the U.S. Embassy checklist and they acknowledge that they did indeed know what a AKA was and did perform them. So she filled out the form requesting a new NBI with a AKA.  However, after she went to the window ( I don't know which one) but it was after you pay. Then she was told they could put the AKA for her maiden name dispite she not getting it under her full name to start with and they had said that they did not know what an AKA was intially. She called me in panic from the office and asked what name she put, I said maybe your married name and the maiden name with you middle name added. They still would not accept and asked what her birth certicate read.

So she was refused.  She return home and asked if she would return and I said yes. Shte took her birth certificate and this time she was staightout told no they would no do an AKA without a request from the USEM despite it being listed on their checklist. They wanted a written request. I told her this is what we are trying to avoid. So she pressed and they continued to refuse. Eventually she lost her appeal to their better nature and was told to get a written request from the USEM before coming back for an AKA.  I told her if they refuse then they refuse there is nothing we can do but get a 221-g from the embassy.  She was very angry that I sent her there and she wasted half a day "for nothing being done."  But I explain the lack of an AKA is probably going to delay her visa a few months if we pass the interview on 21 December.  I don't know what else to do but wait the USEM request and then go back to NBI with it.  We still don't know why the NBI indicates it can't be found in the system and expired in the different online verification portals.

10 minutes ago, VicDEH said:

Good Day,

I too did not want to hijack another's thread but the two are similar so I decided to post here. I tried the link to register my wife for aka online. It kept coming up that the system could not find her NBI ID number.  Then I tried the verification area and it did come up but said it was expired already.  This was a mystery since the NBI form was just renewed and expires in November 2021.  I sent my wife to the local NBI here in Pampanga. I provided her with the U.S. Embassy checklist and they acknowledge that they did indeed know what a AKA was and did perform them. So she filled out the form requesting a new NBI with a AKA.  However, after she went to the window ( I don't know which one) but it was after you pay. Then she was told they could put the AKA for her maiden name dispite she not getting it under her full name to start with and they had said that they did not know what an AKA was intially. She called me in panic from the office and asked what name she put, I said maybe your married name and the maiden name with you middle name added. They still would not accept and asked what her birth certicate read.

So she was refused.  She return home and asked if she would return and I said yes. Shte took her birth certificate and this time she was staightout told no they would no do an AKA without a request from the USEM despite it being listed on their checklist. They wanted a written request. I told her this is what we are trying to avoid. So she pressed and they continued to refuse. Eventually she lost her appeal to their better nature and was told to get a written request from the USEM before coming back for an AKA.  I told her if they refuse then they refuse there is nothing we can do but get a 221-g from the embassy.  She was very angry that I sent her there and she wasted half a day "for nothing being done."  But I explain the lack of an AKA is probably going to delay her visa a few months if we pass the interview on 21 December.  I don't know what else to do but wait the USEM request and then go back to NBI with it.  We still don't know why the NBI indicates it can't be found in the system and expired in the different online verification portals.

Sounds ridiculous.  Our NBI in Olongapo was very accommodating when we went there for my NBI.  I hope they will serve my wife well.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

@VicDEH I didn't want to go thru what your wife went thru (I kinda had the notion that satellite branches are not as savvy), so I went to the main branch which is the "NBI Clearance Center" branch on the appointment page. You still have time to secure a new one. If you have a private car, I would suggest you drive to the main branch. It will be worth it, IMO.

Have you registered for an online account already? There are so many numbers on this document and you can find the NBI number on the top left side (please see screen shot below, encircled in blue). Please make sure you enter all characters, including dashes. If the system still cannot find it, try registering without it (tick "no" to the question "Do you have an NBI clearance issued from 2014 to present?"). Then continue to entering her information including the AKAs. Her AKAs would be her birth name, maiden name (if different from birth name),

and married name. I will post a picture that I found online that might be helpful (the system is not allowing me to upload another photo with this post).

1995037899_nbino..thumb.JPG.da95b2d640c1c834613eb78f89cddada.JPG

I-130                                                                                   

I-751

N-400             

Here is a photo I found online about what should be included as AKAs.  Include wrong names on birth certificates and/or other official documents too.

121569213_nbiaka.thumb.jpg.01f1a92c2888827d937c0d50bf2efcd9.jpg

I-130                                                                                   

I-751

N-400             

I know a lady that was approved for an IR-1 (spousal visa) yesterday and she did not have an AKA printed on her NBI. Probably the staff at USEM is as clueless as we are why some need it and some do not or why some have AKA printed on their NBI clearance and some do not. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.