marieke

how did you do it?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

We are having an engagement party here in Buenos Aires this saturday* :wub: so we can share with all the people here that won't be able to attend the ceremony in the U.S.

Then when I move there, we'll have the court house ceremony, and invite friends and family to the house. Then plan the big wedding with more time, once I'm settled :)

Caro

*Justin is arriving in 36 hours!!!!!!

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

we went to my parents house the night before we plan to get married and they were like um flipping out! LOL! anyway we went to town hall and we were so lucky the weather was great , it was kinda last minute lol, but everything went well I didnt think about the Photographer luckily everyone showed up and took pics. then we went back to my folks house and they got catered chinese food etc etc he he he and all the ninongs showed up after.................

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

• 4 weeks later...
did you have a wedding with just the two of you? where and how did you do it (eg. did you have anyone taking photos)? did you 'do it again' for family?

any ideas or thoughts are welcome!

We had a wedding celebration with a reception in the Netherlands with his parents flying out there too.

After that we just got a marrige license and went to the court house to do a civil wedding to get it registered.

Geniet van je tijd samen !!! :thumbs:

o5cni131ii.png

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2009-05-04

NOA Date : 2009-05-21

Online USCIS website: 06-03-2009 ( so am I a May or June filer now.)

Bio. Appt. : 2009-07-24 (walk-in on 07/14/09 and accepted)

*Touch*: 07-15-2009

Card ordered: 2009-08-26

Letter received approved: dated 08-22-2009 :o

*touch* : 2009-08-31

Green card recvd: 2009-09-01

April 2010: Eligible to file for US citizenship

My handmade Jewelry

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We did it by dual proxy in Kalispell, MT. Neither one of us were there. You can't do it that way anymore. We got married last November; they changed the 150 year old law in February. Now, both of you have to be US citizens to do it that way.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

We had about 75-80 guests, though I would have wanted a little more if I had more time to plan (exact date couldn't be known until visa was granted). But we didn't spend a lot. Mostly me and my mom, sister, friends, planned and prepared everything before Sujeet even got here. Family and friends helped with things like reception food, photography, and decorating. It was decorated Indian and we had Indian food and Italian pasta, we played Indian music. We wanted people to feel that maybe they were somewhere else.

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline

We had a very simple thing just my hubby and I and the Imman who did the ceremony and 2 witnesses pulled from the mosque. We plan to have a formal wedding when my hubby gets here for my families sake and possibly a pakistani wedding in either London or Pakistan for his side of the family. Its hard to just have one wedding because then that would leave lots of people out. There is a culture and language barrier on both sides. So the best option was this one. I also have another friend who is Catholic married to a Pakistani guy. They also had two weddings a typical Mexican Catholic wedding and a south asian one. I called it the Bollywood affair because it was so lush!