marieke

how did you do it?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

did you have a wedding with just the two of you? where and how did you do it (eg. did you have anyone taking photos)? did you 'do it again' for family?

any ideas or thoughts are welcome!

Edited by marieke

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Me and Edi did it at the courthouse, with my mom and dad, my daughter and our son there. In january we plan to do a big formal wedding for my whole family and our friends just for the hell of it :) We already had the formal traditional wedding in Romania for his family. We like getting married over and over again :P

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Planning to do a big whole wedding.

At first will do it in the court house to be legal and start the AOS process but few months later will do the reception.

I wanted a wedding in October but surprisingly he wants to participate in the whole process and asked me not to do anything without him so I am assuming not enough time to plan everything accordingly for October so maybe will do it in November......that one month later might help greatly since it takes forever to get your wedding dress :P

We also spoke about going to Vegas and getting married legally there and taking my parents with us but that's still up in the air :D

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Courthouse, just his parents and sisters present since my parents couldn't come, no party but we had a little cake that my mom-in-law made and a little toast.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We had a small garden wedding at a friend's house (also one of the ministers officiating) and only about 20 people were in attendance. My husband's parents flew down but they were the only ones from his family able to come. We hope to have a marriage celebration once we're able to fly home to Nova Scotia again.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We did an Open House in Canada with my family & Friends, and then we got married in our apartment by the JOP when I arrived in the US. Between the two we felt we had the support & love of our family & friends. :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

we had a small wedding (20 people attended total) in Oklahoma, with a reception afterwards for about 80 people.

had two open house celebrations in Canada 10 months later.

we called it Our Grand Celebration Tour :P

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

We're planning to have a simple courthouse wedding. We were thinking to be just the 2 of us and the 2 witnesses, but... family is adding up and wants to attend. So fat we're getting close to 20 people who want to be with us, my parents are flying my brother here to be with me and be my witness.

My fiancé's cousin is offering to organise a party/reception afterwards, which is really nice.

We'll have a family wedding in the fall of 2008 so the rest of the family can attend (and have time to get plane tickets), that will be with a more formal dress and all the usual crazy wedding things I guess.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Small church wedding at Community Christ Church in Novi, MI.

None of Pras' family members attended (her mum was unable to get a visitor visa in time), but several of mine (five US-based cousins, sister and family, dad, US-based uncle) did.

The "you may now kiss the bride" did not turn out as typically pictured in movies.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We had a nice church wedding in mind but then my grandmother got really sick so we opted for a beach wedding with a few people. My grandmother got even sicker so we ended up scratching that idea as well, went to the notary in Colombia with my mom, she took pictures, then we took some more at home and that was it. It was pretty sad actually. What's even sadder is that later that day we went to see the pictures we had taken with the digital camera and it said "No image found", we lost all the pictures of our wedding. So a week later we had to get dressed again to take some pictures that we can take to the embassy. Then my grandmother passed away 3 weeks later. I get depressed every time I think about it. :cry:

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

We were going to just do it the two of us, but his parents and sister really wanted to be here. So we had an intimate ceremony and dinner. 11 of us total. Could not have been more perfect, except if my dad had been there.

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

We went to the courthouse here in Santa Ana and had a civil wedding. My ex and her husband were our witnesses and my two daughters took pictures and many of my friends from work all crowded into that little room to watch the ceremony :D We plan to have a traditional wedding when we return to the Philippines for a visit so Claudeth's family can participate.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Our wedding was planned mostly over the internet, Rob would send me the venues’ websites, and we also had a lot of help from my mother in law. I arrived on October 1st, and we went to see the restaurant where we wanted to have the ceremony and reception we decided on the food that was going to be served, then we went for flowers and favors, and I brought my dress from home. Part of my family attended (Mom, Dad, Sister, two great aunts and my best friend all came from Venezuela), we had around 30 people in total and I think it was wonderful, intimate but yet not too much. It was mostly family members, close friends of the family (people who’d know Rob since he was a child) and Rob’s closest friends. It was really nice because I didn’t know most of these people before that day, and they all welcomed me so warmly. I can really say that my wedding day was the happiest day in my life (so far – I’m waiting to get pregnant and that will be the second happiest day, and then whenever I have a baby will be the happiest day by excellence…LOL).

Our visa Journey ~~~~ 226 days

Removing Conditions on ~~~ May 2008

Our first anniversary ~~~ November 12, 2006

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

just the two of us.....no one else.

when we have our "blessing" ceremony...everyone & their mother will be there :whistle:

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

not sure what we're going to do now. at first i thought about going to the courthouse and then to dinner with close friends and relatives... but then my mom brought up going to our home in maui and doing it there (but with my fiance and i staying somewhere else while they were in the timeshare) i guess it depends. we'll all discuss it once he gets here. saving the cash and doing it here seems tempting though.

then i want to have a real reception probably next spring. need a lot of time to really plan the whole thing!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg