68 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

got an email today stating Application Type: I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE 

Your Case Status: Initial Review 

As of December 7, 2020, we are actively reviewing your Form I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE, Receipt Number. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

my heart dropped because I got excited and thought it’s either NOA2 or RFE (which would of been bad). 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
9 hours ago, VJmember2020 said:

Any ideas on how long after this email it takes to either get NOA2 or RFE

Well there’s some over in the UK forum that have timelines and discussions going.

One applied August 2019, got NOA1 in a week, NOA2 in 9.5 months, and is still waiting on an interview, so a year and 3 + months in and not there yet.

Another who applied sometime earlier than that, NOA1 Aug 2019 and still waitingFor an interview

Another July 2019, NOA1 in 2:days, NOA 2 in 7 months, Visa December 2020, 1 year and 5 Months after applying.,

Those numbers are all over the place and will be very different as you navigate the maze. They started not knowing a pandemic was coming and got held up by closures and whatnot. You are starting in a pandemic and have no clue when that might get better or what the new government might do regarding immigration. Set your sights on early 2022 to move to the US knowing it could swing either way by then.

I think people aren’t answering because there is nothing in immigration that is standard. Things happen. Who knows?

Edited by Wuozopo

5 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Well there’s some over in the UK forum that have timelines and discussions going.

One applied August 2019, got NOA1 in a week, NOA2 in 9.5 months, and is still waiting on an interview, so a year and 3 + months in and not there yet.

Another who applied sometime earlier than that, NOA1 Aug 2019 and still waitingFor an interview

Another July 2019, NOA1 in 2:days, NOA 2 in 7 months, Visa December 2020, 1 year and 5 Months after applying.,

Those numbers are all over the place and will be very different as you navigate the maze. They started not knowing a pandemic was coming and got held up by closures and whatnot. You are starting in a pandemic and have no clue when that might get better or what the new government might do regarding immigration. Set your sights on early 2022 to move to the US knowing it could swing either way by then.

I think people aren’t answering because there is nothing in immigration that is standard. Things happen. Who knows?

oh noooo. if this doesn't get approved by next year, that would SUCK. Out of my hands, so praying for the best we shall see. thanks for the response. 

18 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

today, I received this email. Is this NOA2? 
we approved your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number IOE......, and sent you an approval notice. Please follow the instructions in your notice.

Im crying right now hoping it’s NOA2. Please confirm? 

Just now, Chancy said:

Congratulations!  NOA2 is the approval notice.

Thank you so much. My wife and I had a very very difficult 2020 as many others here did also. So this was such a relief. Now the long wait begins for the next steps of this application... Thank you 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Congratulations!  NOA2 is the approval notice.

Yes, congratulations.  However, we incorrectly say NOA2 is the approval notice.  Actually, the second Notice of Action could be an RFE or a Denial.  The NOA2 we HOPE FOR is the approval notice.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

3 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Yes, congratulations.  However, we incorrectly say NOA2 is the approval notice.  Actually, the second Notice of Action could be an RFE or a Denial.  The NOA2 we HOPE FOR is the approval notice.

Ah gotcha. 

This is such a huge step in our process. 
now the wait begins!! From here forward, the beneficiary will be the point of contact? 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, VJmember2020 said:

Ah gotcha. 

This is such a huge step in our process. 
now the wait begins!! From here forward, the beneficiary will be the point of contact? 

No.  You will be contacted by NVC via email.  Usually within a day or two of petition approval.  You really take the lead all the way through the process, but there will be work for the beneficiary to do.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

No.  You will be contacted by NVC via email.  Usually within a day or two of petition approval.  You really take the lead all the way through the process, but there will be work for the beneficiary to do.

Gotcha. Thank you kind sir!

21 hours ago, pushbrk said:

When they ask for federal income tax returns for the last 3 years..... I was wondering, I graduated dental school 2020. So I have been working less than a year.... what would I do in this case? Do I need a sponsor? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, VJmember2020 said:

When they ask for federal income tax returns for the last 3 years..... I was wondering, I graduated dental school 2020. So I have been working less than a year.... what would I do in this case? Do I need a sponsor? 

Not necessarily.  Look at the form closely and you'll see that you can leave the tax section blank and check the box that your income was below the filing threshold.  If you are self employed and in private practice, then you won't be able to show any current income either, so will need a joint sponsor.  If you are "employed" then your "current income" will come from a pay stub.  Which is your circumstance, employed or self employed?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.