TBoneTX

February 2020 AOS Filers (Part 2)

221 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy New Year, all! I received my EAD card at the end of August and have been working since November (woo!). My I485 still says I'm ready to be scheduled. I was wondering at what point should I apply for renewal given that my interview likely won't be scheduled for some time lol. 

1 hour ago, klgck said:

Happy New Year, all! I received my EAD card at the end of August and have been working since November (woo!). My I485 still says I'm ready to be scheduled. I was wondering at what point should I apply for renewal given that my interview likely won't be scheduled for some time lol. 

I read somewhere that you can apply for EAD renewal 180 days before it expires. I was looking for it today as well, and it’s on here: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/employment-authorization-document.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
44 minutes ago, chxakx said:

I read somewhere that you can apply for EAD renewal 180 days before it expires. I was looking for it today as well, and it’s on here: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/employment-authorization-document.

Thank you! I was thinking it was about ~90 days beforehand, so this is perfect. Do we have to submit payment?

Edited by klgck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Happy new year everyone just checking back in here with my fellow February applicants. I have been waiting to schedule our interview since Apr 13th. Lets hope that year 2021 brings some good fortune to us and we can obtain our Green Cards and a vaccine shot so we might be able to begin to live a normal life soon 🙂.

Case tracker for AOS was updated to “interview was scheduled” on December 23rd but still no notice in the mail. I’m starting to get nervous as more time passes between the update and receiving the notice in the mail, but I’m sure the mail has been slowed down because of the holidays.

Edited by cbro20

2 hours ago, cbro20 said:

Case tracker for AOS was updated to “interview was scheduled” on December 23rd but still no notice in the mail. I’m starting to get nervous as more time passes between the update and receiving the notice in the mail, but I’m sure the mail has been slowed down because of the holidays.

What city are you in? I'm in LA and it took 10 days for the mail to be delivered.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@beefmaster2 @chxakx @Ryan G: It sucks to wait especially when filers in June are getting interviews but yes it does come down to the field office. My husband and I would've preferred to have at least been scheduled for an interview by now considering we are February filers and its nearly 11 months. Our status has said "Waiting to be scheduled for interview since April 16th. But the way I see it is, the longer they take we will still benefit. Most couples married over 2 years may either have their interview waived or still have to attend the interview but end up receiving a 10 year Green-Card and they don't have to do that additional filing to lift restrictions another 2 years later after the green card expires. If we get that pesky interview waived or if we can 10 year green card,  due to having to wait past Feb 2022 or even April 2022 then I'm ok with it. I understand this doesn't work for everyone's circumstance though.

@EVERYONE ELSE: What supporting documentation did you provide for the I-765 Renewal? Do you think pay-stubs from the applicant's job will help as well as a copy of the offer letter is necessary?

Edited by Cyndy&Onyi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Kinda weird how most of us still waiting are from april. We got ready to be scheduled since April 15. My husband got his EAD in July, Im hoping to get an interview date soon before we have to renew his EAD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
12 hours ago, Cornflake said:

What city are you in? I'm in LA and it took 10 days for the mail to be delivered.

Did yours finally arrive? How far out is your interview?

Still nothing for us in Los Angeles. We just moved and I updated our address with USCIS 3 days before we got notice that an interview had been scheduled. I hope it's not lost in the shuffle of forwarded mail.

26 minutes ago, BWJ said:

Did yours finally arrive? How far out is your interview?

Still nothing for us in Los Angeles. We just moved and I updated our address with USCIS 3 days before we got notice that an interview had been scheduled. I hope it's not lost in the shuffle of forwarded mail.

Yes, I got the mail 2 days ago! 

Our interview is on the 1st of February.

Be the way, I sent the package the same day one year ago) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, FatzJD said:

Kinda weird how most of us still waiting are from april. We got ready to be scheduled since April 15. My husband got his EAD in July, Im hoping to get an interview date soon before we have to renew his EAD

I was ready for scheduling in February and just now got my interview scheduled. Nothing weird to see here 😉

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
9 hours ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

@EVERYONE ELSE: What supporting documentation did you provide for the I-765 Renewal? Do you think pay-stubs from the applicant's job will help as well as a copy of the offer letter is necessary?

Why should something like that be needed? You basically sent the same stuff as for the initial application plus a copy of your card, of the approval notice and of the acceptance notice for I-485.

On 1/3/2021 at 3:23 PM, klgck said:

Thank you! I was thinking it was about ~90 days beforehand, so this is perfect. Do we have to submit payment?

You’re welcome! I haven’t read the instructions yet tbh 😅 I tried looking for posts like that but I didn’t see anything that shows something from USCIS. Hopefully I won’t be too lazy to look into it tonight 🤣

Edit: I used the USCIS calculator and entered that it’s for renewal and filing category is EAD applicant who have filed for AOS and it shows that there’s no fee to be paid.

10 hours ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

@beefmaster2 @chxakx @Ryan G: It sucks to wait especially when filers in June are getting interviews but yes it does come down to the field office. My husband and I would've preferred to have at least been scheduled for an interview by now considering we are February filers and its nearly 11 months. Our status has said "Waiting to be scheduled for interview since April 16th. But the way I see it is, the longer they take we will still benefit. Most couples married over 2 years may either have their interview waived or still have to attend the interview but end up receiving a 10 year Green-Card and they don't have to do that additional filing to lift restrictions another 2 years later after the green card expires. If we get that pesky interview waived or if we can 10 year green card,  due to having to wait past Feb 2022 or even April 2022 then I'm ok with it. I understand this doesn't work for everyone's circumstance though.

That’s true. It is what it is, I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m also fine with just getting the 10-year one tbh lol, can’t visit home without worrying about this virus anyway lol so. Hopefully we get good news soon though!

I believe the requirements are the same. Just include a copy of your EAD card, approval notice of EAD, and the receipt notice for your I-485. 

Edited by chxakx

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, chxakx said:

Found it! 😅

A7CCC46D-2644-442D-BEA6-6AC9FD123E00.jpeg

Thanks this was incredibly helpful I think I want to print this page off and send it with my packet! I'm having trouble understanding "payment  of the appropriate form fee" is that the prior credit card auth form that they're wanting?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.