TBoneTX

February 2020 AOS Filers (Part 2)

221 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, BradandStef said:

Same . Got notified that my interview was scheduled on 02/17. Just waiting on the mail. So glad I got to skip renewing my work permit. 
Field office: Philadelphia 

Awesome! Maybe we'll have our interview on the same day since I'm in Philly too. Checking my USPS informed delivery like crazy 😂 do you know the location of the interview by chance? I'm hoping it's the location in University City area since getting to other place where we do fingerprints is such a pain.

44 minutes ago, klgck said:

Awesome! Maybe we'll have our interview on the same day since I'm in Philly too. Checking my USPS informed delivery like crazy 😂 do you know the location of the interview by chance? I'm hoping it's the location in University City area since getting to other place where we do fingerprints is such a pain.

It should be that one but the interview letter will specify the correct place and everything. Can’t wait to get done with this whole thing 

B4248B42-C452-4681-B30B-C1F964E5E54D.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
50 minutes ago, BradandStef said:

It should be that one but the interview letter will specify the correct place and everything. Can’t wait to get done with this whole thing 

B4248B42-C452-4681-B30B-C1F964E5E54D.png

Oh perfect that's the location I saw online too. And I feel you. I'm 10000% done with paperwork.

On 2/28/2021 at 12:22 AM, Manuel94 said:

Hey guys, I had my interview a couple of days ago and wanted to share how it went. We had to wait only a few minutes before the officer called our name, we were sworn in, he asked for my driver's license, passport and work permit. The interview started with the officer asking questions from pages 1-16 from the I-485 to me (beneficiary). He didn't ask all of the questions, but a lot of them at least 25 including date of birth, place of birth, current address, my parents names and dates of birth, and other general questions like "Have you ever received any type of military training?". Then he gave me back pages 1-16 to go over them and make sure he marked everything correctly, and then had me sign on page 17. The officer then started the second part of the interview with questions to me and to my wife, such as "What's something he/she does that annoys you the most?", "What does your home look like?", "How many sibling does he have, and do you talk to them?", "Where do you work?", "Have you ever been out of status or entered the country without being inspected at a port of entry?", "(from one of my pictures with a sandwich on) Where do they make these huge sandwiches?", "Where do you plan on living in the next 5 years? Do you plan on having kids?", then he saw my folders of documents and asked if I had additional relationship proof I would like to give to him, so I gave him tax returns, more pictures, more text messages and he looked very satisfied with the stack of papers I placed on his desk. The last question he asked me was "Do you have any questions for me?", so I asked if the application will be approved, he said "Oh yea I'm approving you, I'll get it done in half hour; I don't know what's happening in the world right now so I'm guessing it should take about 2-3 weeks, up to a month for to get the card in the mail. The interview lasted exactly half hour, and it was not the scary terrifying interview I was expecting to have. Half hour after leaving the building I received a case status update email saying my card was being produced. Good luck everyone I hope this helps you to get an idea of what the interview is like, and to the ones who already finished this journey, congratulations and best of luck in your life!

Ahh congratulations!! ❤️ this makes me so happy to hear .. best of luck to you guys and I hope for smooth processing in the rest of your future immigration journey :D 

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hello everybody, we had interview few days ago, so I want to share my experience. First she asked for my birth certificate, original and copy and for my ssn, passport and marriage certificate. She also took my husbands passport. She asked us for our financial situation, is everything same, we said yes. Then she asked us to tell her our love story, how we met, and get married. My husband said (and it was so funny to me) So I went to Serbia and we had mutual friend and she was there and we talked and I stayed there for 3 weeks and we hang out and she was awesome... and then I came back after two months, we went to vacation and I went back to Chicago, and then we had another vacation, and then I came again and then I asked her to come. She was denied for tourist visa and I told her that I want her to come here and be my wife... end of the story She said oook. Then she took my fingerprints and photo and asked those question about criminal history and then she told us that we are approved but she gave us a letter saying that case is on hold. I was confused, she said I just need  few more hours to fill up some documentation and by the end of the day you should see change in case status. And that how it was, my case status changed around 6 pm new card is being produced. And morning after, case was approved. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.