Mazlyn

Visa refused Sent back to NVC

63 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Some good advice so far but nobody mentions which party is older.  If he's 20 years older, no problem.  If it's her that's 20 years older with only 5 days together in person, that's going to be hard to overcome giving the local culture.

USCIS will eventually send a NOIR, not NOID.  Notice of Intent to Revoke the approval of the petition.  They can't DENY it so no NOID.  Only NOIR.

Further, if she is 20 years older, there can be some real cultural difficulties in moving to Pakistan.  She says she's not from Pakistan.  Where IS she from?  What IS her religion and culture?  All this plays into both the visa decision and her potential adjustment to life in Pakistan.  Time for some real critical thinking here on her part.  If the Consulate doesn't think the relationship is genuine, why does she think so after only 5 days together in person?  Not saying it isn't.  Saying this is a supremely important question for her to be sure about.

Im 20 years older and i have been talking to him online for 2 years before his marriage. Im from america and I am muslim. Him and I have genuine love because it was a love marriage and his family was there when we married plus him and I have much in common. 

i have similar issue being from PK.. I spent less than a week together with wife & had to return to usa to join my work.  Went to visit for cousin marriage and found me girl in wedding spoke to alders n within week we got married. It's semi-arrange marriage culture in PK it is quire prevelant in traditional-middle class families but our hope rests on americans how well they are aware of these norms. Because American citizens usually go on vacation n within 10-15 days; find girl n with help of elders get the marriage going. It's so fastpace n about respect n commitment with elders being behind providing support. 

I hope they USCIS n NVC team are aware of these cultural norms of diff countries before judging based on american view of life where people date for yrs and then decide to commit.

Edited by DoodBoy

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DoodBoy said:

i have similar issue being from PK.. I spent less than a week together with wife & had to return to usa to join my work.  Went to visit for cousin marriage and found me girl in wedding spoke to alders n within week we got married. It's semi-arrange marriage culture in PK it is quire prevelant in traditional-middle class families but our hope rests on americans how well they are aware of these norms. Because American citizens usually go on vacation n within 10-15 days; find girl n with help of elders get the marriage going. It's so fastpace n about respect n commitment with elders being behind providing support. 

I hope they USCIS n NVC team are aware of these cultural norms of diff countries before judging based on american view of life where people date for yrs and then decide to commit.

Consular Officers in Islamabad definitely ARE aware.  That's where visa decisions are made.  Neither USCIS or NVC issue visas.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It is obvious the CO didnt find any solid evidence regarding the legitimacy o f the marriage due to a very short amount of Time spent together. Moving to another country is never easy and let alone when the country has totally different culture and language. Like others have suggested give it a good thought before moving to Pakistan permanently. In the mean time you can always go to Pakistan spend a month or two atleast to establish your case regarding the legitimacy of your marriage. Good luck.  

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

4 minutes ago, Capital Z said:

It is obvious the CO didnt find any solid evidence regarding the legitimacy o f the marriage due to a very short amount of Time spent together. Moving to another country is never easy and let alone when the country has totally different culture and language. Like others have suggested give it a good thought before moving to Pakistan permanently. In the mean time you can always go to Pakistan spend a month or two atleast to establish your case regarding the legitimacy of your marriage. Good luck.  

I understand that it won’t be easy to move permanently if I do that, but I am able to adjust and adapt quickly to things and I have researched the country so much so I know what to expect. I am already learning the language and of course my husband will not let me leave the house alone until I adjust 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

22 minutes ago, Mazlyn said:

I understand that it won’t be easy to move permanently if I do that, but I am able to adjust and adapt quickly to things and I have researched the country so much so I know what to expect. I am already learning the language and of course my husband will not let me leave the house alone until I adjust 

Thats good then If you are already learning the language because sooner you are able to learn the language the better you will adjust. 

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

How do you expect to get a good paying job in Pakistan? No to sound skeptical however if you’re not getting a job in the USA which pays above the poverty threshold (which is very low), it would appear to me you don’t have the employment/qualification profile of a typical expat.

Please think these things through very clearly. I am originally from a country with somewhat similar economic profile to Pakistan (without the patriarchy that’s standard in Pakistan) and I would give the same advice if a westerner in your circumstances was moving to my country. Financial issues have caused  close to as many shipwrecking of marriages as infidelity.

Furthermore being so much older than your husband would be frowned upon even in my relatively liberal country. Be prepared.

i wish you the best. 

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

1 hour ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

How do you expect to get a good paying job in Pakistan? No to sound skeptical however if you’re not getting a job in the USA which pays above the poverty threshold (which is very low), it would appear to me you don’t have the employment/qualification profile of a typical expat.

Please think these things through very clearly. I am originally from a country with somewhat similar economic profile to Pakistan (without the patriarchy that’s standard in Pakistan) and I would give the same advice if a westerner in your circumstances was moving to my country. Financial issues have caused  close to as many shipwrecking of marriages as infidelity.

Furthermore being so much older than your husband would be frowned upon even in my relatively liberal country. Be prepared.

i wish you the best. 

The age is not a big deal no one will even know the age difference by looking at me and him unless we tell strangers. In Pakistan I am not expecting to find a top paying job, but there are some jobs I can do like cleaning or work at a shop and I know the pay won’t be good. My husband’s family owns a shop so I probably will work in the shop. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

i wish you the best. 

We are not here to judge.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

31 minutes ago, Mazlyn said:
31 minutes ago, Mazlyn said:

In Pakistan I am not expecting to find a top paying job, but there are some jobs I can do like cleaning or work at a shop and I know the pay won’t be good. My husband’s family owns a shop so I probably will work in the shop. 

You have mentioned that you have done your research on Pakistan and are beginning to learn the language. Those are very good points in your favor.

This next part comes from a place of concern: 

- Do you know the exact salary you would receive for cleaning or shop jobs in Pakistan? It may be a nasty surprise by American standards.

- How many hours you are expected to work? How much time off you are entitled to, with these kinds of jobs?

- How do labor laws work in general, especially for foreign nationals? Are they enforced? 

- If you're going to work for your husband's family, is there a cultural expectation that you will NOT be paid, since it is the family business?

Please consider all of this carefully before uprooting yourself to move to the other side of the world.

Edited by Adventine

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Boiler said:

We are not here to judge.

Where is the judgment? 🤔  Was I not positive and wished her well? Since when was laying out facts or making deductions from evidence judgment? Advising someone to proceed with caution and dot their i’s and cross their t’s is judgment?

Edited by Ray.Bonaquist

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

1 hour ago, Adventine said:

You have mentioned that you have done your research on Pakistan and are beginning to learn the language. Those are very good points in your favor.

This next part comes from a place of concern: 

- Do you know the exact salary you would receive for cleaning or shop jobs in Pakistan? It may be a nasty surprise by American standards.

- How many hours you are expected to work? How much time off you are entitled to, with these kinds of jobs?

- How do labor laws work in general, especially for foreign nationals? Are they enforced? 

- If you're going to work for your husband's family, is there a cultural expectation that you will NOT be paid, since it is the family business?

Please consider all of this carefully before uprooting yourself to move to the other side of the world.

Working in a family shop/business may not be well paid by western standards (well obviously neither is the cost of living as expensive, but anyway) it is usually also the case that accommodation and board is taken care of by the family, so it’s not really an issue, is it? People seem to forget that the US sponsor not meeting the i864 here in no way reflects on the standing and ability of the foreign spouse to make an income/provide a home in their own country. If OP’s spouse (and his family)  are willing for her to go and live there with them to make the marriage work, let them figure it out. Worst case it doesn’t work out and she divorces and comes back home, as we see many foreign spouses who come here end up doing too. I guess those people also didn’t “consider all of this carefully before uprooting yourself to move to the other side of the world.”

True, they can do as they like and we only know only a few facets of their story. If the husband and his family can provide her a good life in Pakistan, why not go for it? 

I just found it strange that the OP would consider cleaning or shop jobs in Pakistan. 

But then, all of this discussion is straying from her original question about the immigration process. Hopefully things work out for them, whatever they decide, and they are able to build solid evidence of a genuine marrriage.

22 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Working in a family shop/business may not be well paid by western standards (well obviously neither is the cost of living as expensive, but anyway) it is usually also the case that accommodation and board is taken care of by the family, so it’s not really an issue, is it? People seem to forget that the US sponsor not meeting the i864 here in no way reflects on the standing and ability of the foreign spouse to make an income/provide a home in their own country. If OP’s spouse (and his family)  are willing for her to go and live there with them to make the marriage work, let them figure it out. Worst case it doesn’t work out and she divorces and comes back home, as we see many foreign spouses who come here end up doing too. I guess those people also didn’t “consider all of this carefully before uprooting yourself to move to the other side of the world.”

Yes I would be living in his home with his family and him. So that part is not much of a concern. I just want to have a job when there for a little extra income to give the family and some expenses and I am fully prepared to work in any condition. I am no stranger to hard work and grind. I am fully aware of the obstacles I will face and I look forward to making my marriage work no matter what I have to do because I love my husband.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.