12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Abe009 said:

I received a pink letter in the mail regarding Request for Evidence. It's saying its missing the I-944 but I remember if I summited the 485 before September 22, 2020. Does anyone know if this is a mistake or am I suppose to fill out the I-944 and send it back regardless?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/02/politics/immigration-public-charge/index.html

Keep an eye on things for a few days, including the USCIS site. Federal courts blocked it again. 

6 minutes ago, RPete said:

Keep an eye on things for a few days, including the USCIS site. Federal courts blocked it again. 

RFE is already sent, failure to submit will end up with a denial.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

1 hour ago, RPete said:

It depends on each applicant's state. The Dec. 2 9th Circuit’s decision affirmed the limited N.D. Cal. injunction and vacated (in part) the nationwide E.D. Wash. injunction, thus narrowing this latter's case injunction to just the Plaintiffs of that case. https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2020/12/02/19-17213.pdf

10/11/19 N.D. Cal. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/2019/NDCA_Injunction.pdf "are hereby enjoined from applying the Rule, in any manner, to any person residing (now or at any time following the issuance of this order) in San Francisco City or County, Santa Clara County, California, Oregon, the District of Columbia, Maine, or Pennsylvania, or to anyone who is part of a household (as defined by the Rule, 8 C.F.R. § 212.21(d)) that includes such a person."

10/11/19 E.D. Wash. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/memos/Washington_v._DHS_injunction.pdf The Plaintiffs of this case are Washington, Virginia, Colorado, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, and Rhode Island.

1 hour ago, NancyNguyen said:

RFE is already sent, failure to submit will end up with a denial.

Not entirely true. Since no one yet knows how this "tennis match" would ultimately play out, complying with I-944 RFE is a good call. But if SCOTUS doesn't take on the appeal or it affirms the 9th Circuit’s decision, then individuals in the aforementioned states cannot be denied for not complying with the I-944 RFE.

Edited by HRQX

I would just do it. I got an RFIE for it too even though it wasn't required when I submitted. Even with things constantly changing it's just easier to submit. It sucks, especially as I need to do one for my three year old daughter lmao.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I also received an RFE today asking me to submit the I-944 form. I submitted all the paperwork back in Sept. 8th when it wasn't required to be submitted.

I hope this does not delay the overall processing time!

• 2 weeks later...

gosh it's so revolting that when i filed the AOS back in August 2020 while the supreme court decision made the i-944 not applicable, all the pages for the i-944 were removed from the uscis's website and they said they would discard any form i-944 sent with the aos. it was as if the i-944 never existed. 

now that the decision was stayed, the uscis was super fast (LOL) to send all these communications requiring the i-944 from people who filed it when it wasn't required. how is that not illegal and abusive? now i am being required to provide them with a ton of information that back when i filed was not required at all, otherwise i risk my application being rejected.  the decision that was stayed should make the form i-944 obligatory only for those who file after the date of that new decision, not before.

40 minutes ago, kkmk said:

gosh it's so revolting that when i filed the AOS back in August 2020 while the supreme court decision made the i-944 not applicable, all the pages for the i-944 were removed from the uscis's website and they said they would discard any form i-944 sent with the aos. it was as if the i-944 never existed. 

now that the decision was stayed, the uscis was super fast (LOL) to send all these communications requiring the i-944 from people who filed it when it wasn't required. how is that not illegal and abusive? now i am being required to provide them with a ton of information that back when i filed was not required at all, otherwise i risk my application being rejected.  the decision that was stayed should make the form i-944 obligatory only for those who file after the date of that new decision, not before.

Preach it!!! You know what irritates me the most is the actual information being requested. I believe this should Apply to people being in the states for years already that somehow manage to grow roots. My wife is freshly here since January 2020. She hasn’t been able to get an state ID or Ssn because we waited a bit too long to use the i94 arrival form. So we couldn’t get a bank account with her name since everyone asking for Ssn. I manage to get her into my health insurance. I currently don’t have many assets to begin with. So I’m not sure what’s the point of this. She won’t go asking for Medicare or food stamps? One who year here practically wasted. Imagine I could of received a stimulus check if I had her and my son on my taxes. Yet they want to know if she has a credit score. 😭

13 hours ago, Abe009 said:

Preach it!!! You know what irritates me the most is the actual information being requested. I believe this should Apply to people being in the states for years already that somehow manage to grow roots. My wife is freshly here since January 2020. She hasn’t been able to get an state ID or Ssn because we waited a bit too long to use the i94 arrival form. So we couldn’t get a bank account with her name since everyone asking for Ssn. I manage to get her into my health insurance. I currently don’t have many assets to begin with. So I’m not sure what’s the point of this. She won’t go asking for Medicare or food stamps? One who year here practically wasted. Imagine I could of received a stimulus check if I had her and my son on my taxes. Yet they want to know if she has a credit score. 😭

I know what you mean! Form i-944 is utterly annoying! I already have to get a sponsor who will be liable to repay the govt in case i have get govt aid, why the heck do they need this form i-944 for anyway?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.