2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
8 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

My younger sister pass away in my home country but unfortunately my advance parole documents is still in process as well as I am waiting for the geek card interview and it’s already out of normal processing time 

this is

one of the most tough moment of my

life that even I can not attend the

fineral of my younger sister.

Please every body pray for her that May her soul Rest In Peace and the almighty Allah give her the highest place in heaven

@Braveheart123, am so sorry to hear this bro. Take heart and be strong. God knows why. Dont worry soon you'll be able to make your trips. I wish you goodluck

Filed: Other Timeline
57 minutes ago, Lish said:

I have good news fam,

Filed August 2018,

Received RFE February 2020,

Respond to RFE May 2020

C13 card received July 2020

Approval August 2020

Medical letter September 2020

Early November interview notice 

Interview completed November 18, 2020

Green card at hand November 25, 2020

In total 2EAD and 3PFs received.

Thanks to everyone here for your support and words of encouragement during this journey. It has been a long journey 2yrs 3months and 11days but God did it at last.

I implore everyone waiting to remain hopeful for the best.

@Lish, congratulations dear. Which state are you ? seems the AOS is fast there compared to other big cities like Newyork where the wait time is more longer

3 hours ago, PayingForward said:

Hello, congratulations in advance in making it this far! Interview is the final step, We just need to look into officers eyes and answer honestly. You will do great! I had my interview recently and was approved same day.

i was only asked for 2019 tax returns but took birth and marriage certificates along with certified translation, pay stubs, ead cards, vawa approval notice.

i had a chatty and thorough officer. He was cracking jokes in between to lighten up the mood but when asking questions looked straight into my eyes. He was not wearing a mask, but i had it on all through except when taking oath. Interview lasted 40 minutes.

- asked for passport

- full name

- dob
- where do you work?
- spouse name
- where did you meet
- where and when did you get married 
- arranged or love marriage 
- any children
- ALL yes/no questions!
- asked for 2019 tax returns 
- asked if i have any other documentation to provide. I asked if i can give pay stubs or show original documents. He said he doesn’t need those

At the end he told me that if no more documents are needed i will get card in 4-6 weeks. Else i will get rfe.

Same day evening, officer called me on my cell! He confirmed my mailing address and soon after status updated to Card production!!

Please make sure you have all required documents and go through aos and vawa packages. Please wear business casuals as that makes a good impression. (I saw few in casual clothes which didn’t look appropriate) Make sure to be on time (not earlier than 15 mins) and provide concise answers to questions. You will do well!!

Thank you so much for such a great explanation and advices! I really appreciate it 🙏🏼

in my local office I was told my interview will be trough an iPad (Microsoft meetings) due the COVID regulations, I’m praying for everything will be fine that day. I’m going by myself with God with me. I’ll have my interpreter by phone. 

3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Normal to be anxious dear but you'll be alright. The certain questions are the i485 yes/no ones..you may be asked  questions depending on your peculiar situation. Go with all originals of your important documents..be confident but polite. As long as you don't have admissibility issues you'll be fine!👍

Thank you, you’re always here for all of us! 
God bless you 🙏🏼

1 hour ago, Lish said:

I have good news fam,

Filed August 2018,

Received RFE February 2020,

Respond to RFE May 2020

C13 card received July 2020

Approval August 2020

Medical letter September 2020

Early November interview notice 

Interview completed November 18, 2020

Green card at hand November 25, 2020

In total 2EAD and 3PFs received.

Thanks to everyone here for your support and words of encouragement during this journey. It has been a long journey 2yrs 3months and 11days but God did it at last.

I implore everyone waiting to remain hopeful for the best.

Congratulations dear! Absolutely amazing news!🌟💫🇺🇸😀👍

9 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

My younger sister pass away in my home country but unfortunately my advance parole documents is still in process as well as I am waiting for the geek card interview and it’s already out of normal processing time 

this is

one of the most tough moment of my

life that even I can not attend the

fineral of my younger sister.

Please every body pray for her that May her soul Rest In Peace and the almighty Allah give her the highest place in heaven

My sincere Condolence to you and your family. I pray you have strength through this tough time. 🤲

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, GodIsGood2 said:

Thank you so much for such a great explanation and advices! I really appreciate it 🙏🏼

in my local office I was told my interview will be trough an iPad (Microsoft meetings) due the COVID regulations, I’m praying for everything will be fine that day. I’m going by myself with God with me. I’ll have my interpreter by phone. 

Wow online - that's crazy. Happy they are still doing interviews though during pandemic. What is your local office? Also did they explain how are you supposed to provide any documents they may need - tax returns and things like that?

3 hours ago, Ylx said:

Lol.. Have found in this community not only the legal help and direction also a place where all share similar personal difficulties, here people is kind honest and must of all glad to help.. Be safe and play the patient card until the end! 

@YlxI saw that we have very similar timeline and you are one month ahead of me lol. I notice that you mailed USCIS the new medical records in the late Nov. Have you heard anything back from them yet, like regarding if you will need an interview? For me, I just received the evidence request from USCIS about the new medical records submission. And I am going to the doctor's tomorrow. Thank you in advance for answering me!

My I-360 got approval a couple months ago. Now I am waiting for being scheduled an interview. I received an evidence request from USCIS for submitting the new I-693/medical exams today. They said, "you must submit the following information in order for us to make a final decision on your case." Does anyone have similar experience? I am not sure if I will need an interview after submitting the new I-693... And how much longer do I have to wait for my interview/green card...

7 hours ago, PayingForward said:

Hello, congratulations in advance in making it this far! Interview is the final step, We just need to look into officers eyes and answer honestly. You will do great! I had my interview recently and was approved same day.

i was only asked for 2019 tax returns but took birth and marriage certificates along with certified translation, pay stubs, ead cards, vawa approval notice.

i had a chatty and thorough officer. He was cracking jokes in between to lighten up the mood but when asking questions looked straight into my eyes. He was not wearing a mask, but i had it on all through except when taking oath. Interview lasted 40 minutes.

- asked for passport

- full name

- dob
- where do you work?
- spouse name
- where did you meet
- where and when did you get married 
- arranged or love marriage 
- any children
- ALL yes/no questions!
- asked for 2019 tax returns 
- asked if i have any other documentation to provide. I asked if i can give pay stubs or show original documents. He said he doesn’t need those

At the end he told me that if no more documents are needed i will get card in 4-6 weeks. Else i will get rfe.

Same day evening, officer called me on my cell! He confirmed my mailing address and soon after status updated to Card production!!

Please make sure you have all required documents and go through aos and vawa packages. Please wear business casuals as that makes a good impression. (I saw few in casual clothes which didn’t look appropriate) Make sure to be on time (not earlier than 15 mins) and provide concise answers to questions. You will do well!!

@PayingForwardCould you share your timeline? Thank you!!!

9 hours ago, GodIsGood2 said:

Hello Vawa Family, I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

I’ll have my AOS interview next week, as I am very nervous and anxious I’ll like to hear from those who had the interview, any advice? Anything that I should bring with me? 

praying for everyone to get your case approved!

thanks in advance 

Congratulations for getting your interview! Could you share your timeline? Thank you!!! And what's your local office?

Hey family.

For those in immigration proceedings like me.

If your i-360 is still pending, if you don't want to wait until your i-360  is approved before you file i-485, you can actually apply for your i-485 at irving texas processing center while your i-360 is pending. I sent my i-485 at irving texas center last month, it was received and accepted and the court sent me a receipt notice as well, my i-360 pending since October 2019. One receipt notice came from uscis and one receipt notice came from court. Thanks to @Demise and @sandraj for their advices  .Good luck

Edited by God is a good God

7 hours ago, IvyCc said:

My I-360 got approval a couple months ago. Now I am waiting for being scheduled an interview. I received an evidence request from USCIS for submitting the new I-693/medical exams today. They said, "you must submit the following information in order for us to make a final decision on your case." Does anyone have similar experience? I am not sure if I will need an interview after submitting the new I-693... And how much longer do I have to wait for my interview/green card...

Hey, it's possible you might be approved without an interview..I mean it's a possibility we've seen here severally, especially when they instruct you to send in the  medicals instead of bringing it to the interview! Usually 3-5 months for such approvals..just an estimate here..could be more, could be less! Plus prepare your mind for an interview nonetheless!😊👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.