2,962 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

My younger sister pass away in my home country but unfortunately my advance parole documents is still in process as well as I am waiting for the geek card interview and it’s already out of normal processing time 

this is

one of the most tough moment of my

life that even I can not attend the

fineral of my younger sister.

Please every body pray for her that May her soul Rest In Peace and the almighty Allah give her the highest place in heaven

Inna Lillahe Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajeun 😢

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Restez Forts said:

2 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

My younger sister pass away in my home country but unfortunately my advance parole documents is still in process as well as I am waiting for the geek card interview and it’s already out of normal processing time 

this is

one of the most tough moment of my

life that even I can not attend the

fineral of my younger sister.

Please every body pray for her that May her soul Rest In Peace and the almighty Allah give her the highest place in heaven

I am so sorry for your loss.You can set up an appointment with  info pass and they will  stamp the emergency advance parole in your passport.Bring a copy of the I-131 receipt.If you are in removal proceedings or applied  for asylum  you should not trave

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, isurvived said:

Hello all,

just found out from my congressperson that my case has been in my local office in queue for interview since June 2019. Almost 18months guys. Is there anything that can be done to move this process along? Any advice on this will be appreciated. Thanks

You have just to wait ok.

25 minutes ago, sandranj said:

I am so sorry for your loss.You can set up an appointment with  info pass and they will  stamp the emergency advance parole in your passport.Bring a copy of the I-131 receipt.If you are in removal proceedings or applied  for asylum  you should not trave

Is it safe to travel outside with AP in covid situaton?

3 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

Is it safe to travel outside with AP in covid situaton?

There is not problem, As long as you have your covid results on hands,. and fill out Covid paper work guides form. I know 3 person travelled and already came back. 

Hello Vawa Family, I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

I’ll have my AOS interview next week, as I am very nervous and anxious I’ll like to hear from those who had the interview, any advice? Anything that I should bring with me? 

praying for everyone to get your case approved!

thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, GodIsGood2 said:

I’ll have my AOS interview next week, as I am very nervous and anxious I’ll like to hear from those who had the interview, any advice? Anything that I should bring with me? 

thanks in advance 

Hello, congratulations in advance in making it this far! Interview is the final step, We just need to look into officers eyes and answer honestly. You will do great! I had my interview recently and was approved same day.

i was only asked for 2019 tax returns but took birth and marriage certificates along with certified translation, pay stubs, ead cards, vawa approval notice.

i had a chatty and thorough officer. He was cracking jokes in between to lighten up the mood but when asking questions looked straight into my eyes. He was not wearing a mask, but i had it on all through except when taking oath. Interview lasted 40 minutes.

- asked for passport

- full name

- dob
- where do you work?
- spouse name
- where did you meet
- where and when did you get married 
- arranged or love marriage 
- any children
- ALL yes/no questions!
- asked for 2019 tax returns 
- asked if i have any other documentation to provide. I asked if i can give pay stubs or show original documents. He said he doesn’t need those

At the end he told me that if no more documents are needed i will get card in 4-6 weeks. Else i will get rfe.

Same day evening, officer called me on my cell! He confirmed my mailing address and soon after status updated to Card production!!

Please make sure you have all required documents and go through aos and vawa packages. Please wear business casuals as that makes a good impression. (I saw few in casual clothes which didn’t look appropriate) Make sure to be on time (not earlier than 15 mins) and provide concise answers to questions. You will do well!!

Filed: Other Timeline
9 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Not time to panic yet. Mine happened a month later..30-90 seems normal. With USCIS, it's estimates..you never know..💁 patience darling!😊

Yea, I am not stressing, just a little impatient... to seal the deal you know. Just feels more secure to have it. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤗

Filed: Other Timeline
7 hours ago, Ylx said:

Hi @dreamer1 my experience was the follow, in early march 2020 the online status said card in reproduction, then at the end of march I got my ead c31, it was at the end of july 2020 that I receive the approval notice ... So I guess is a waiting game ..

Thank you dear 🤗😊

I seriously admire this community. Having a ####### time at work, people are so immature. Reading this thread is therapy!! 😘😘😍😍

2 hours ago, GodIsGood2 said:

thanks in advance 

Normal to be anxious dear but you'll be alright. The certain questions are the i485 yes/no ones..you may be asked  questions depending on your peculiar situation. Go with all originals of your important documents..be confident but polite. As long as you don't have admissibility issues you'll be fine!👍

6 hours ago, Souls said:

Hello everyone it’s been 37days since the post office returned my mail to the uscis I requested for another mail 30days ago i went to the nearest asc office but the couldn’t help what can i do please

Contact you senator office! It’s very helpful. 
i have the same issue. I’ve contacted them and yesterday I signed release form so the Can figure out what is going on there on my behalf.

2 hours ago, dreamer1 said:

Thank you dear 🤗😊

I seriously admire this community. Having a ####### time at work, people are so immature. Reading this thread is therapy!! 😘😘😍😍

Lol.. Have found in this community not only the legal help and direction also a place where all share similar personal difficulties, here people is kind honest and must of all glad to help.. Be safe and play the patient card until the end! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 hours ago, natalysmile said:

Hello/
That's what I think. because the Prima that I received in the mail is valid until April
I think that in April or earlier they will let me know what is happening next...

Hope you're right, but to be clear - the fact that your PF expires in April doesn't give you any information regarding when will they review your documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.