2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
41 minutes ago, sandranj said:

You just need your passport and the advance parole to travel, and covid tests.The EAD might take 10 days to arrive in your house , if you want to travel asap then set up an appointment with infopass and they will stamp the advance parole in your passport.

Respected Mrs. Sandra

dear friends 

If I got my combo card and then travel to my hone country will this be ok or do I have to wait for my approval notice as well.

I am Asking this question is the reason is that my  attorney told me that once you got your combo card you immediately travel and then later on when my attorney will I got the approval notice we will mail you in your home country.

so I have a question  us this ok if I travel on combo card and then once my attorney revived the approval notice he can mail me in my hone country via courier mail.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, LA213 said:

Thank you! What's a prima facie? When were you able to enter the country from the time you filed abroad?

You don't enter in the U.S prima facie, prima facie is for you to use in the U.S to receive public benefits such as medicaid.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Braveheart123 said:

Respected Mrs. Sandra

dear friends 

If I got my combo card and then travel to my hone country will this be ok or do I have to wait for my approval notice as well.

I am Asking this question is the reason is that my  attorney told me that once you got your combo card you immediately travel and then later on when my attorney will I got the approval notice we will mail you in your home country.

so I have a question  us this ok if I travel on combo card and then once my attorney revived the approval notice he can mail me in my hone country via courier mail.

You don't have to wait your Vawa approval to travel to your home Country,once you have the advance parole in your hands you can travel, but you must have the covid teste done before leaving and before coming back to the U.S.

DO NOT TRAVEL if have an  asylum case pending or are in removal proceedings.

Timeline
2 hours ago, ValeryK said:

8 months? It says 3.5 to 5.5 months on their website. What would happen if case for EAD is out of processing time? What do I do in that situation? 

I have at least 60 people waiting the EAD filed  6/7 months ago.

Timeline
7 hours ago, egy1 said:

how can i start in the process she refused to sign on papers 

She doesn't have to agree with the divorce in order for the judge to grant you divorce petition.If you are asking if she refuses to sign the divorce papers then file  without her signature, you must serve  her of the" summons and complaint", if she doesn't acknowledge the summons then wait 30/35 days and file a request for a default judgment.You will get the instructions when you get the divorce papers, if you have any doubt while filing the papers you can call the Clerck and ask the questions.

If you just separated I advise you not to file for the divorce now.I am not going to explain here why,lol

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
8 hours ago, sandranj said:

If you don’t have kids with your spouse or assets then you can represent yourself .

i tried to send you a private message ? 

it doesnt work 

how can i send you a message  ?

On 12/12/2020 at 5:55 PM, sandranj said:

USCIS most of the time Do not inform if the case was transferred to your local office. NYC local offices are taking 14/19 months to schedule the AOS interview.

I live in washington state, and hired a lawyer to file all my case files in washington state. if i move to another state will the i485 interview be in the new state? or can it be in washington state?  after i move, I wouldn't mind going back to washington state just for the interview. is that even possible? i would even prefer that because my lawyer would go to the interview with me if it is in washington.

would changing my address to the new state slow down my waiting time for the i485 interview?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
49 minutes ago, sandranj said:

You don't have to wait your Vawa approval to travel to your home Country,once you have the advance parole in your hands you can travel, but you must have the covid teste done before leaving and before coming back to the U.S.

DO NOT TRAVEL if have an  asylum case pending or are in removal proceedings.

Respected Mrs. Sandra thanks for your response my VAWA case was already approved in the month of Jan 2020 

I have  a question that once you got approved for combo card Ie work authorization and advance parole you will get a plastic card in the mail immediately and then after 2-3 weeks time you got an approval notice Ie a green color notice in mail as well 

so my question is the moment I got the plastic combo card I can travel immediately and after that once the approval notice will receive it will be ok or the attorney has to send me this notice as well and the CBP may ask you for your plastic card as well as the approval notice.

17 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

Respected Mrs. Sandra thanks for your response my VAWA case was already approved in the month of Jan 2020 

I have  a question that once you got approved for combo card Ie work authorization and advance parole you will get a plastic card in the mail immediately and then after 2-3 weeks time you got an approval notice Ie a green color notice in mail as well 

so my question is the moment I got the plastic combo card I can travel immediately and after that once the approval notice will receive it will be ok or the attorney has to send me this notice as well and the CBP may ask you for your plastic card as well as the approval notice.

The card serves as both the EAD and AP (eligibility for travel). You do not need to bring your approval notices for I-765 and I-131 with you. You only need your passport and combo card to travel.

That being said, with the current covid-related restrictions and the fact that AP alone does not exempt you from them, I would hold off on travel for the time being.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Hi guys, I am new here so will share my timeline first;

I am including only VAWA package, nothing before that regarding my marriage. 

July 2019 Filled i360, i485, i765 (all together)

Oct 2019- Got my first EAD card

Oct 2019- RFE (International Fingerprints/ Clear criminal background abroad)

Nov 2020- Prima Facie Determination Benefits letter

Dec 2020- RFE for i360( Still waiting to get it)

Currently in the 18th month. 

I am so grateful because with the Prima Facie I can apply for financial aid at college.

This RFE are so random, and i dont understand why it could not be included as the application req? 

IF anyone has any other recommendation for benefits that I can apply for, please let me know.

Thank you

Edited by RedBull33

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, BELIEVEwFAITH said:
4 hours ago, BELIEVEwFAITH said:

I know It's crazy! In January 2020 I applied for renewal of EAD and received it in April2020. I guess things have changed after that.

Same here, I’m about to send another renewal for my Combo EAD C09. No i485 interview scheduled yet. 

VAWA APPROVED August 2019

16 months Waiting for i485 interview Queens Field Office, NY. My congresswoman sent two inquiries and the answer is the same. Patience 🙏🏻

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Klein said:

Good evening guys

Just want to share my happiness.

I started my vawa journey on Oct of 2018. 

They issued an RFE this year for good moral character and good faith marriage.  I was approved last aug 2020.

Had my AOS interview last Nov 18 of this year.

They just asked me basic demographic data and yes or no questions. It only lasted 15 mins. Ended up with my case being reviewed. Since I left in that room Im anxious to know what the result is.

Im obsessing with refreshing the web browser in my phone to uscis check status.

Today i Got this.

Thank you so much for all the help and suggestions.  This forum is truly God send.

Excited for this new chapter in my life.

20201216_165823.jpg

Congratulations 🇺🇸💃💖

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.