2,962 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, LA213 said:

Hi Sandra

I read that the Vawa can be applied outside of the US do you know how long it takes for the initial approval Of the I360 if you do it outside of the country?

ty!

Hello,

I applied mine from Europe. Send my application in early sep 2019. I received an initiial evidence RFE which i responded in dec 2019 and after that I got a prima facie for one year in January 2020. 15 months plus half  since I send the application.  Hopefully I hear from them soon. There is also someone in this forum who applied from Russia. There is hope. If I hear anything from my case whether positive or negative I will update here. In hope this encourages domestic violence women/men who qualify for Vawa but are not in USA can apply. Some are not so lucky to stay or get to know about vawa when they have returned due to unavoidable circumstances.  I would encourage anyone from abroad who qualifies for vawa to apply. What do you have to lose?. By applying you stand a great chance to get positive results. If you Don't, you will never know. If you can't qualify for vawa check U visa to see if you qualify for that. 

Edited by cashweed
Double

54 minutes ago, cashweed said:

Hello,

I applied mine from Europe. Send my application in early sep 2019. I received an initiial evidence RFE which i responded in dec 2019 and after that I got a prima facie for one year in January 2020. 15 months plus half  since I send the application.  Hopefully I hear from them soon. There is also someone in this forum who applied from Russia. There is hope. If I hear anything from my case whether positive or negative I will update here. In hope this encourages domestic violence women/men who qualify for Vawa but are not in USA can apply. Some are not so lucky to stay or get to know about vawa when they have returned due to unavoidable circumstances.  I would encourage anyone from abroad who qualifies for vawa to apply. What do you have to lose?. By applying you stand a great chance to get positive results. If you Don't, you will never know. If you can't qualify for vawa check U visa to see if you qualify for that. 

Thank you! What's a prima facie? When were you able to enter the country from the time you filed abroad?

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, LA213 said:

Hi Sandra

I read that the Vawa can be applied outside of the US do you know how long it takes for the initial approval Of the I360 if you do it outside of the country?

ty!

I submitted an application from another country. So far I am getting answers. I made a mistake when I left ... but I can also tell you what happens and how. This forum helped me a lot. I gave all the documents that I could provide. And now I am waiting. I wrote the truth everywhere and that's it.

Filed: Other Timeline

Friends..has anyone had an infopass appointment with USCIS? My I-485 is approved but still no green card. Current C9 EAD expires in a month and I need to continue working. Wanting to get a temporary stamp in my passport to show that i am a LPR .

Question is: at infopass appointment, can they put a temporary stamp in my passport to show that i am a LPR so i can continue working when my C9 EAD expires? Also, i have my another EAD (under C31) that will expire in March 2021. Is it allowed to use unexpired EAD even though the I-485 is approved but no actual green card received as an alternative to gain some time while waiting for the green card?

@sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Pinkrlion @Demise @TBoneTX @Villanelle

4 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Friends..has anyone had an infopass appointment with USCIS? My I-485 is approved but still no green card. Current C9 EAD expires in a month and I need to continue working. Wanting to get a temporary stamp in my passport to show that i am a LPR .

Question is: at infopass appointment, can they put a temporary stamp in my passport to show that i am a LPR so i can continue working when my C9 EAD expires? Also, i have my another EAD (under C31) that will expire in March 2021. Is it allowed to use unexpired EAD even though the I-485 is approved but no actual green card received as an alternative to gain some time while waiting for the green card?

@sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Pinkrlion @Demise @TBoneTX @Villanelle

I believe they are able to put a stamp on your passport at infopass I also think you're able to use your C31 EAD for now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, sandranj said:

I am so sorry for your loss, but I wrote last time that you could go to Infopass to get an emergency advance parole, if you submitted already the l131 , the Uscis issues the emergency advance  parole within 1 hour.

Respected Mrs. Sandra 

dear friends

As I mentioned before first my younger sister passed away last month and now yesterday my father passed away.

so I have following questions.

1) I contacted the USCIS immigration but today my pending work authorization and parole has been approved so do I need the emergency parole or there is no need of the same since the pending advance parole along with work authorization Ie combo card is approved today.

Moreover what the things I have to take with me Ie my advance parole combo card and valid passport and how to the COVID testing before and after travel.

Also what documents I need to take with me and what documents they will check when I will travel back to USA. 

Hi everyone! I am new here. I am so glad to find this family. I've been reading silently for weeks after filing for vawa.Today I have some question, hope I will get some help since my case is so complicated. Here is my story in short 

- Filled for assylum in 2016

-Meet my spouse in 2017 dated for 1 year and got married in 2018

_in 2018 my home country sistuations start changing, with new government and all.  My bases for asylum almost gone but I kept the file open cause spouse didn't file any paper.

-from 2018-2020 suffered a lot of abuse, still spouse refuses to file papers,giving a lot of excuses 

- in 2020 heard about the existence of vawa, couldn't believe it😃 started educating my self about it and file my self 

Sep 2020 filed I360,I912, I485, I765, I131

October 2020 fees were waived case receipt recieved 

November 2020 prima facie determination 

Now, on the i765 I made a big mistake and file under catagory c31. I realized how wrong that was after filing 😥

So my question is what do I do now? I see my case of i765 ubdate saying finger print associated with you case has been aplied. They did not deny it or ask for proof of aproval of i360.Should I file another i765 with correct catagory? Or wait to see if they will correct it for me?I have a 2year valid work permit under asylum but I want to withdraw the aplication before my interview(which I don't know when it is going to be but I here it is close for 2016 filers) if I do, the work permit will automatically be revoked right? 

So i guess my other question is I want to withdraw my asylum aplication and proceed with the vawa and I want to do it fast before they schedule me for interview but if I file a new i765 with c9 how long does it take to get it so that I don't stay with out work authorization for long?

Thank you for your time and reading this far

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

FI

2 minutes ago, BELIEVEwFAITH said:

Hi everyone! I am new here. I am so glad to find this family. I've been reading silently for weeks after filing for vawa.Today I have some question, hope I will get some help since my case is so complicated. Here is my story in short 

- Filled for assylum in 2016

-Meet my spouse in 2017 dated for 1 year and got married in 2018

_in 2018 my home country sistuations start changing, with new government and all.  My bases for asylum almost gone but I kept the file open cause spouse didn't file any paper.

-from 2018-2020 suffered a lot of abuse, still spouse refuses to file papers,giving a lot of excuses 

- in 2020 heard about the existence of vawa, couldn't believe it😃 started educating my self about it and file my self 

Sep 2020 filed I360,I912, I485, I765, I131

October 2020 fees were waived case receipt recieved 

November 2020 prima facie determination 

Now, on the i765 I made a big mistake and file under catagory c31. I realized how wrong that was after filing 😥

So my question is what do I do now? I see my case of i765 ubdate saying finger print associated with you case has been aplied. They did not deny it or ask for proof of aproval of i360.Should I file another i765 with correct catagory? Or wait to see if they will correct it for me?I have a 2year valid work permit under asylum but I want to withdraw the aplication before my interview(which I don't know when it is going to be but I here it is close for 2016 filers) if I do, the work permit will automatically be revoked right? 

So i guess my other question is I want to withdraw my asylum aplication and proceed with the vawa and I want to do it fast before they schedule me for interview but if I file a new i765 with c9 how long does it take to get it so that I don't stay with out work authorization for long?

Thank you for your time and reading this far

File a new I-765 category C9,but because you are sending not along with the I-485 you have to pay the fees or file I-912.

Don't withdraw your asylum case without talking with your attorney. USCIS is taking 8 month to issei's the EAD.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

Respected Mrs. Sandra 

dear friends

As I mentioned before first my younger sister passed away last month and now yesterday my father passed away.

so I have following questions.

1) I contacted the USCIS immigration but today my pending work authorization and parole has been approved so do I need the emergency parole or there is no need of the same since the pending advance parole along with work authorization Ie combo card is approved today.

Moreover what the things I have to take with me Ie my advance parole combo card and valid passport and how to the COVID testing before and after travel.

Also what documents I need to take with me and what documents they will check when I will travel back to USA. 

You just need your passport and the advance parole to travel, and covid tests.The EAD might take 10 days to arrive in your house , if you want to travel asap then set up an appointment with infopass and they will stamp the advance parole in your passport.

17 minutes ago, sandranj said:

FI

File a new I-765 category C9,but because you are sending not along with the I-485 you have to pay the fees or file I-912.

Don't withdraw your asylum case without talking with your attorney. USCIS is taking 8 month to issei's the EAD.

8 months? It says 3.5 to 5.5 months on their website. What would happen if case for EAD is out of processing time? What do I do in that situation? 

Edited by ValeryK

3 minutes ago, ValeryK said:

8 months? It says 3.5 to 5.5 months on their website. What would happen if case for EAD is out of processing time? What do I do in that situation? 

I know It's crazy! In January 2020 I applied for renewal of EAD and received it in April2020. I guess things have changed after that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.