2,962 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, PayingForward said:

Did you receive C-31 ead post vawa approval which is valid for a year? If you did, you can use that for now and renew c-9 ead 

Thank you, @PrayingForward. It is the C-31 EAD that is expired, unfortunately...

24 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hello there.. the 180 days extension applies to petitions filed in a timely manner you may unfortunately have to get off work till you're able to work again! well let's wait for other contributions there might be a ray of light somewhere💁

Thank you, StillWinning for your response. Hopefully someone out there has a way out. Alternatively, I'm praying USCIS may give me a "late filing extension" somehow since they'll receive the ead renewal package 2 days after ead expiry... :(

43 minutes ago, Ylx said:

Oh I see but the I9 is Employment Eligibility Verification. Department of Homeland Security. U.S. Citizenship.. So still my address?

From here on is your address you only used the lawyer's address for immigration purpose.. you've got your green card now..you're done!👍

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

Like 2 week before my younger sister passed away and now today my father passed away because of The shock of

this I have asked my congressman for advance parole and moreover I called today to the USCIS they gave me the service request number but still the parole is pending.

Really tough time on me since my younger sister and mother are alone and there are nobody to take cadre of them.

@Braveheart123 Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun.

I know that nothing can comfort you now, I know how terrible it must feel to be in this situation. It is a big test from the Almighty. Keep doing prayers & dua, hopefully Allah (God) will make it easy for you and your family. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/14/2020 at 12:16 AM, Oskar1234 said:

Hello Guys,

Can you please help me.

So, 4 years ago I was married to my US spouse, and I applied for I-485 since we just married. Year after we were split, I applied for I-360 and recently I was approved. I forgot that my I-485 still active. I thought is denied since I applied for I-360. I thought I need to file now new I-485.

I prepared everything for new I-485, and today I checked my old I-485 is written “Name is updated” !!!!

So what should I do now?

Do I need to file new one, or to keep with old one?? 
But the old one I-485 is from the time I applied when I was married to my spouse.

Please, help

If your l485 was not denied then you don’t have to refile a new one ,USCIS will adjudicate the l485 pending .

Timeline
7 hours ago, LA213 said:

Hi Sandra

I read that the Vawa can be applied outside of the US do you know how long it takes for the initial approval Of the I360 if you do it outside of the country?

ty!

The Vawa can be applied abroad in just two cases,if you can prove the correlation between abuse and that you left the Country because your life was in danger , or If the U.S citizen is an employee of the U.S. Government or U.S military.

Vawa filed abroad takes around 22 months to be adjudicated .

Timeline
14 hours ago, balo101 said:

family i need your help!!

Me and my spouse  filled joint return. We end up owing to IRS because she did not pay enough federal taxes. I paid that money to IRS. 

Now i received a letter from IRS that my spouse did not report retirement money in 2018 tax return. I had no clue about that income. I did not know she took that money. 

Now we are divorced since 2019. What are my options now? will filling innocent spouse form help me? 

I know IRS will contact her regrading form 8857. She would for sure lie to IRS. 

What do you think what should i do? I would really appreciate your response. 

Thanks

You can submit to the IRS the innocent spouse form. Explain very well the case 

Edited by sandranj

Timeline
21 hours ago, egy1 said:

please brother tell me how to do all of these , do i need a lawyer or i can do it by myslef 

If you don’t have kids with your spouse or assets then you can represent yourself .

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
21 minutes ago, sandranj said:

If you don’t have kids with your spouse or assets then you can represent yourself .

how can i start in the process she refused to sign on papers 

13 hours ago, keano99 said:

Hello friends - 

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. 

I'm in a bit of a bind. I have been fighting covid-19 (twice) over the last three months, and I'm just about to complete the last few days of quarantine from the second wave. I just realised today that my EAD expires today. Now I am so mad with myself, because I know if I had filed it before expiry I would've triggered the 180-day extension. I applied for VAWA in Feb 2018 and was approved in Feb 2020. What are my options, if any? Is it possible to still trigger the 180-day extension or do I officially have to stop working (whenever it is that I'll ready to go back)?  Please help - I look forward to hearing any ideas that may be helpful.

Thanks.

@sandranj any thoughts, please? Could an affidavit (explaining the covid-19 related reasons for untimely filing) submitted with the i-765 package help?

13 hours ago, keano99 said:

Hello friends - 

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. 

I'm in a bit of a bind. I have been fighting covid-19 (twice) over the last three months, and I'm just about to complete the last few days of quarantine from the second wave. I just realised today that my EAD expires today. Now I am so mad with myself, because I know if I had filed it before expiry I would've triggered the 180-day extension. I applied for VAWA in Feb 2018 and was approved in Feb 2020. What are my options, if any? Is it possible to still trigger the 180-day extension or do I officially have to stop working (whenever it is that I'll ready to go back)?  Please help - I look forward to hearing any ideas that may be helpful.

Thanks.

I hope you feel better now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.