2,962 posts in this topic

family i need your help!!

Me and my spouse  filled joint return. We end up owing to IRS because she did not pay enough federal taxes. I paid that money to IRS. 

Now i received a letter from IRS that my spouse did not report retirement money in 2018 tax return. I had no clue about that income. I did not know she took that money. 

Now we are divorced since 2019. What are my options now? will filling innocent spouse form help me? 

I know IRS will contact her regrading form 8857. She would for sure lie to IRS. 

What do you think what should i do? I would really appreciate your response. 

Thanks

Edited by balo101

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Like 2 week before my younger sister passed away and now today my father passed away because of The shock of

this I have asked my congressman for advance parole and moreover I called today to the USCIS they gave me the service request number but still the parole is pending.

Really tough time on me since my younger sister and mother are alone and there are nobody to take cadre of them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

Like 2 week before my younger sister passed away and now today my father passed away because of The shock of

this I have asked my congressman for advance parole and moreover I called today to the USCIS they gave me the service request number but still the parole is pending.

Really tough time on me since my younger sister and mother are alone and there are nobody to take cadre of them.

So sorry to hear this. I know there's some option USCIS has for emergency trips like this where they stamp your passport to allow you to come back. Try and call them tomorrow morning to get an appointment with your local field office to do that. They might ask for proof of emergency though, probably translated to English and notarized.

On 12/8/2020 at 1:45 PM, luminarc said:

I just wanted to say time FLIES, in 2 months I will be a year in since my Vawa was submitted, it still feels like yesterday when I was bothering you guys with my questions and impatience 🤣🤣, but like other people have said, this is a journey of patience and strength , we thank God for how far we have come, and as the new year approaches us, I pray to God Almighty that the new year brings us tremendous breakthrough and endless testimonies, and APPROVALS, APPROVALS, APPROVALS!! Thanks a lot to @sandranj @Shroy123 @Stillwinning!!!😊 and everyone else for their advice and encouragement, I can promise you guys, I don't know what my story will be if I didn't stumble upon this forum, I pray that you will receive favor and help at every step of your needs. To everyone who got approved or made breakthroughs, who is buying drinks tonight????

Always be happy dear 🙂 

Filed: Other Timeline
39 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

So sorry for this your loss😭 please take heart.

39 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

Inalilahi wahinai ilairojiun.. May Allah forgive their shortcomings and guide us all that are remaining on earth  .

3 hours ago, Apolo said:

The way i did it was by myself he was always avoiding service here how i did it:

1 Step;

i went to my local courthouse and visit the Family Service Center the have free of charge attorney's who can help you with filing the legal document 

2 Step:

I hired a process servers idk if i can promote them here but this is the link https://www.onesourceprocess.com/  This company will try and serve him and locate him if he avoid them on purpose they will make 3 attempts to serve him/her and they will provide you with the proper documents which you will need to move forward with your divorce.

3 Step:

After had obtain the documents that he was served i had to include them with my divorce paperwork which again i was able to get assistance from my local courthouse - Family Service Center i hat to go to the sheriffs office and to pay 30$ for them to post the same service documents at the courthouse and if he didm make an attempt to figh it i will be able to move forward with the divorce.

4 Step:

After i waited 2 weeks i was able to go in from of a judge and to do an absolute divorce and i had a court date and i went in front of the judge and she finalized my divorce.

Also take a look at this idk if this is where you are located ? 

https://www.miami-dadeclerk.com/families_court.asp

The whole process toke me a few months 

This is my story hope it will help you 

Thank you very helpful. How long did all of this take you?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, iamlost said:

Hi everyone! 

I'm filling out I-765 to renew my EAD. What should I put as my current immigration status (question 25 on the form)? I entered the US back in 2015 as a B1/B2 visitor and filed my I-360, I-485 and I-765 to USCIS in September 2018.

Pending Adjustment of Status.

Hello friends - 

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. 

I'm in a bit of a bind. I have been fighting covid-19 (twice) over the last three months, and I'm just about to complete the last few days of quarantine from the second wave. I just realised today that my EAD expires today. Now I am so mad with myself, because I know if I had filed it before expiry I would've triggered the 180-day extension. I applied for VAWA in Feb 2018 and was approved in Feb 2020. What are my options, if any? Is it possible to still trigger the 180-day extension or do I officially have to stop working (whenever it is that I'll ready to go back)?  Please help - I look forward to hearing any ideas that may be helpful.

Thanks.

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj hi there. 

I have a silly question my emploter ask me to fill I9 after I gave them a copy of my greencard,and im not sure what address should I put, mine or the lawyer, we used the lawyer address for everything, regarding uscis. I appreciate any input. 

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Ylx said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj hi there. 

I have a silly question my emploter ask me to fill I9 after I gave them a copy of my greencard,and im not sure what address should I put, mine or the lawyer, we used the lawyer address for everything, regarding uscis. I appreciate any input. 

Thank you!

Your lawyer's address was for USCIS (immigration) purpose but for work it's your own address.😊👍

37 minutes ago, keano99 said:

Hello friends - 

I'm in a bit of a bind. I have been fighting covid-19 (twice) over the last three months, and I'm just about to complete the last few days of quarantine from the second wave. I just realised today that my EAD expires today. Now I am so mad with myself, because I know if I had filed it before expiry I would've triggered the 180-day extension. I applied for VAWA in Feb 2018 and was approved in Feb 2020. What are my options, if any? Is it possible to still trigger the 180-day extension or do I officially have to stop working (whenever it is that I'll ready to go back)?  Please help - I look forward to hearing any ideas that may be helpful.

Thanks.

Hello there.. the 180 days extension applies to petitions filed in a timely manner you may unfortunately have to get off work till you're able to work again! well let's wait for other contributions there might be a ray of light somewhere💁

54 minutes ago, keano99 said:

Hello friends - 

Thanks.

Did you receive C-31 ead post vawa approval which is valid for a year? If you did, you can use that for now and renew c-9 ead 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.