2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Dear Friends...received this for my EAD renewal which I applied for 5 months ago. Does it mean my biometric expired and I will need to go to ASC again? Technically it’s been more than 1.5 years since I did biometrics for Vawa package. 

Your Case Status: Initial Review 

As of December xx, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, Receipt Number EACxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, have been applied to your case. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition. 

2 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Dear Friends...received this for my EAD renewal which I applied for 5 months ago. Does it mean my biometric expired and I will need to go to ASC again? Technically it’s been more than 1.5 years since I did biometrics for Vawa package. 

Your Case Status: Initial Review 

As of December xx, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, Receipt Number EACxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, have been applied to your case. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition. 

They're going to use the fingerprints on file you do not have to do any Biometrics at this time.. for me since I started the process in 2017 I haven't done any Biometrics till I got my green card 2020.💁

Filed: Other Timeline
Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

They're going to use the fingerprints on file you do not have to do any Biometrics at this time.. for me since I started the process in 2017 I haven't done any Biometrics till I got my green card 2020.💁

Oh got it thanks @Stillwinning!!!😊 seems like it’s their standard language?

by the way...I sent requests and filled privacy act forms with both congressman and Senator. No response from them since mid last week. Reasoning if you recall is that I still don’t have my plastic green card. Approval of i485 was 1.5 months ago.......

10 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I think I've read somewhere someone said yes but during my time it wasn't so!👍

Thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊 i wonder what happens when it comes out positive though

27 minutes ago, Roger12 said:

Your employer cannot ask you for a specific document, like the Green Card. You have options. Here is all acceptable documents to proof work elegibility https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents - You can show a combination of List B and List C - For example: Driver's License and Social Security card

I will give it a shot and update what happens. Thank you!

19 minutes ago, PayingForward said:

I will give it a shot and update what happens. Thank you!

SSN, driver's license, EAD you name it...are all eligible docs for work obviously but if at any time you're asked to present your green card do not be ashamed or feel any type of way to present it.. it only shows what you been through the category I mean! No big deal! Most of us have been there!😊👍

Edited by Stillwinning!!!😊

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

SSN, driver's license, EAD you name it...are all eligible docs for work obviously but if at any time you're asked to present your green card do not be ashamed or feel any type of way to present it.. it only shows what you been through the category mean! No big deal! Most of us have been there!😊👍

Yes yes, got it 😊

32 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Oh got it thanks @Stillwinning!!!😊 seems like it’s their standard language?

by the way...I sent requests and filled privacy act forms with both congressman and Senator. No response from them since mid last week. Reasoning if you recall is that I still don’t have my plastic green card. Approval of i485 was 1.5 months ago.......

Yeah I remember but you've got to give them time for USCIS to get back to them sometimes they send out these enquiries and USCIS takes time to get back to them.. so just wait.. you only sent it out last week right? you will definitely hear from them!👍

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, Optimistic1986 said:

Did you get an approval yet? Mine is Sept 2018 and I’m waiting for interview sched at NYC

No Approval yet, Just Prima facie every 6 months since 2018. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.