2,962 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, egy1 said:

Hello everyone

i want to ask you guys if someone had an experience about divorce from the abuser spouse 

i applief my I360 in may2020 and till now my abuser spouse refuse to sign on my divorce papers she want to give me hard time with that 

I have a police report and i left the home in december 2019 so my question is :

how can i get the divorce without her signature on the papers 

thanks 

I'm going through the same thing! I don't know how to disolve the marriage without his signature and can't affrord a lawyer right now.

On 12/11/2020 at 11:55 PM, Aidan 85 said:

Sorry for asking if answer been given few times haven’t been online in a long time just wondering is it normal in nyc vawa was approved in November 2019 by no update since online case not even sent to local office

thanks in advance Aidan

I am also in NYC... Vawa approved on December 2019,  no update *BUT my congressman inquiry on my Case and I-360 / I-485 is already transfer to NBC.... even thought I did not received any tranfer notice, they did. 

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
7 hours ago, Kely said:

I'm going through the same thing! I don't know how to disolve the marriage without his signature and can't affrord a lawyer right now.

So what can we do !!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
On 12/12/2020 at 8:46 PM, sandranj said:

USCIS is  working on your case since the case got there, but cases stay on the queue. They will issue you an RFE asking the medical exam, but if you changed your address with USCIS then there is a HUGE chance they won't update your address, my experience showed me that  9 out of 10 cases  people changed the address, informed USCIS and they didn't update the address.

You need to check your local office timeline to have an idea when they will schedule your interview.

You can divorce when you want ok.

Thanks @Sandranj, I didn't have changed my address even for once. Hope i will have some update soon, this wait is now kind of endless. 

Thank you again sandra

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/13/2020 at 1:31 PM, Brooklynguy1 said:

Hi @sandranj ! My case was transferred to NBC on 09/25/2018 with receipt number starting EAC .... and I haven’t got any CL notice yet. It’s been almost 27 month . I did congressman inquire last July 2020. I have got this response ““we’re unable to determine at this time when the review process of the application will be completed. USCIS will issue a decision on your constituent’s case as soon as possible.””And recently I did again congressman inquiry I haven’t got any response from NBC. I’m now highly depressed . What I should do now . Plz advise. Thanks!!!

You just have to wait.Do not inquire more, you inquired twice already.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 hours ago, balo101 said:

i would like to know when should i renew my EAD? Should i send my renewal 90 or 120 days before the current one expires?

Thanks

You can submit even  180 days before the expiration date.

8 hours ago, Kely said:

You can file for the divorce and send the papers to him/her with the police o with a server. they are going to try to give the papers  and after 3 attemps they return the documents to the court. then because it wasn´t possible to serve the other party, you will have to post to the newspapper that you are looking for that person, and 21 days after, the court send you a hearing with a judge and he will dovorce you. 

Thats how I did with my ex-wife. She didn´t want to sign and now we are divorce.

22 minutes ago, DanyT. said:

You can file for the divorce and send the papers to him/her with the police o with a server. they are going to try to give the papers  and after 3 attemps they return the documents to the court. then because it wasn´t possible to serve the other party, you will have to post to the newspapper that you are looking for that person, and 21 days after, the court send you a hearing with a judge and he will dovorce you. 

Thats how I did with my ex-wife. She didn´t want to sign and now we are divorce.

Thank you dear. The thing is, I dont know what his new address is. I asked him through facebook he said he won't tell me 

32 minutes ago, Kely said:

Thank you dear. The thing is, I dont know what his new address is. I asked him through facebook he said he won't tell me 

You have to send the pappers to the last address you know he is or  he was. In the case that address is not anymore his residence then the police or server has to return the documents to the court with the 3 attemps, then you can start the process with the newspapper.

regards,

12 minutes ago, DanyT. said:

You have to send the pappers to the last address you know he is or  he was. In the case that address is not anymore his residence then the police or server has to return the documents to the court with the 3 attemps, then you can start the process with the newspapper.

regards,

Thanks so much

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi all,

Just an update here: 24APR19 I360 Filler.
Congressional follow up received an expected and generic response from Vermont which is that my case is in normal processing timeline.
No further updates on my end.

I485 is currently at NBC (I guess already for 2 years since when I applied, it is the one that based on marriage still).

On 12/10/2020 at 9:40 PM, PayingForward said:

I am really concerned about showing my gc to employer as the category printed on card specifically indicates vawa based adjustment and hence discloses our personal situation. I find that too embarrassing and would like to avoid giving my card if possible. Is there an alternative you can suggest to prove immigration status please?

Your employer cannot ask you for a specific document, like the Green Card. You have options. Here is all acceptable documents to proof work elegibility https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents - You can show a combination of List B and List C - For example: Driver's License and Social Security card

26 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi all,

Just an update here: 24APR19 I360 Filler.
Congressional follow up received an expected and generic response from Vermont which is that my case is in normal processing timeline.
No further updates on my end.

I485 is currently at NBC (I guess already for 2 years since when I applied, it is the one that based on marriage still).

Well just wait it out... the I-485 is only attended to after your i360 is approved not from when you first filed it. Patience DmytriiD👍😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.