2,962 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2020 at 4:28 PM, Boris Britva said:

Update:
Status changed to we approved your Form I-485! Thank you everyone for your support and advises, this process is a real hell but it's possible!

Timeline:
September 2018: I-360/I-485 submitted

December 2019: RFE for police clearance from home country (good moral character)

January 2020: I-360 was approved and case was transferred to local office

July 2020: Courtesy letter (medicals)

October 2020: Interview letter (2 weeks before interview date)
November 2020: Interview end up with review
December 2020: I-485 was approved (5 weeks after interview)

Guys, just don't give up! Wish all the best luck for all of you!!!

Congratulations, you vawa was approved in 16 months, very fast. Filed October 2019, 14 months this month no rfe so far. Hope mine get approved fast too😊😊

Hi @sandranj ! My case was transferred to NBC on 09/25/2018 with receipt number starting EAC .... and I haven’t got any CL notice yet. It’s been almost 27 month . I did congressman inquire last July 2020. I have got this response ““we’re unable to determine at this time when the review process of the application will be completed. USCIS will issue a decision on your constituent’s case as soon as possible.””And recently I did again congressman inquiry I haven’t got any response from NBC. I’m now highly depressed . What I should do now . Plz advise. Thanks!!!

16 hours ago, sandranj said:

USCIS most of the time Do not inform if the case was transferred to your local office. NYC local offices are taking 14/19 months to schedule the AOS interview.

Hi @sandranj ! My case was transferred to NBC on 09/25/2018 with receipt number starting EAC .... and I haven’t got any CL notice yet. It’s been almost 27 month . I did congressman inquire last July 2020. I have got this response ““we’re unable to determine at this time when the review process of the application will be completed. USCIS will issue a decision on your constituent’s case as soon as possible.””And recently I did again congressman inquiry I haven’t got any response from NBC. I’m now highly depressed . What I should do now . Plz advise. Thanks!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
18 hours ago, sandranj said:

You should contact your congressperson.USCIS local offices in CT  are taking around 12/14 months to schedule the AOS interview.

Thanks @sandraj I will this week.

20 hours ago, vawachicago said:

Hello everyone,

Is it safe to file a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage if I-360 has been approved and you are waiting on I-485 interview [based on VAWA]?

Thank you

Yes. Nothing in the statute requires you to remain married. There's only 2 requirements as to marriage with VAWA:

1. You have to file I-360 either while married or within 2 years of termination of marriage.

2. You cannot marry someone else until at very least I-360 is approved.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
18 hours ago, PayingForward said:

Can’t agree more @sandranj I come from a place where single women are judged, ridiculed and shamed. I find it easier to disconnect from society and keep to myself. Since I cannot avoid  work colleagues who are mostly from my country, i was thinking if i can keep my info confidential. I have been having nightmares about this and am yet to inform my employer.But I will have to do that once i have card in my hand. Time is a great healer and i hope to feel normal someday. I will work on becoming a stronger person. Thank you for your support  🙏🏽

Your emotional strength shows in your words. I hope you get a sense of community from the people in this forum. I come from a similarly prudish culture, I know what you are talking about. The greatest protection against judgement is to learn to let it go and take it in your stride, but it takes much conscious awareness and practice. People who judge you probably have their own significant issues to deal with.  

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017. 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJ forum either)

On H1b status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stay since then. 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020. 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020. 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020. 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / AP Renewal petition in February 2021. 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021. 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021. 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021. 

I-360 case approved status update - Nov 22, 2021. 

No RFE throughout.  

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case update on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in early July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to this congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyer denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22. I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as I assumed RFE was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailed it to me. It was indeed RFE requesting medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealed packet with copy of RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sent a notarized letter with the packet - updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I fired my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service Center on the same date. 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office. 

8/26/22: Case update on I485: New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:  On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO AND VSC.) 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect of "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date. 

32 minutes ago, balo101 said:

i would like to know when should i renew my EAD? Should i send my renewal 90 or 120 days before the current one expires?

Thanks

Hi, you're able and advise to renew your EAD 180 days prior to it's expiration the earlier the better so yes go ahead and do it!😊👍

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hi, you're able and advise to renew your EAD 180 days prior to it's expiration the earlier the better so yes go ahead and do it!😊👍

Thank you so much dear. Just one more question where would i be sending renewal application? Vermont or NBC

I have pending i-485 and i360. 

Hello Guys,

Can you please help me.

So, 4 years ago I was married to my US spouse, and I applied for I-485 since we just married. Year after we were split, I applied for I-360 and recently I was approved. I forgot that my I-485 still active. I thought is denied since I applied for I-360. I thought I need to file now new I-485.

I prepared everything for new I-485, and today I checked my old I-485 is written “Name is updated” !!!!

So what should I do now?

Do I need to file new one, or to keep with old one?? 
But the old one I-485 is from the time I applied when I was married to my spouse.

Please, help

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone

i want to ask you guys if someone had an experience about divorce from the abuser spouse 

i applief my I360 in may2020 and till now my abuser spouse refuse to sign on my divorce papers she want to give me hard time with that 

I have a police report and i left the home in december 2019 so my question is :

how can i get the divorce without her signature on the papers 

thanks 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Oskar1234 said:

Hello Guys,

Can you please help me.

So, 4 years ago I was married to my US spouse, and I applied for I-485 since we just married. Year after we were split, I applied for I-360 and recently I was approved. I forgot that my I-485 still active. I thought is denied since I applied for I-360. I thought I need to file now new I-485.

I prepared everything for new I-485, and today I checked my old I-485 is written “Name is updated” !!!!

So what should I do now?

Do I need to file new one, or to keep with old one?? 
But the old one I-485 is from the time I applied when I was married to my spouse.

Please, help

If i were you, I will contact my Congressman to find out what is going on with my I-485 application first, before submitting anything, you might get your interview schedule fast, but I don’t think you need to submit another I-485.good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.