2,962 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Demise said:

@PayingForward

I will add my two cents:

1. An LPR can use a driver's license and unrestricted social security card to prove identity and eligibility to work. Just check the box for "I am a permanent resident" and memorize your A-number. Legally speaking an employer cannot demand any specific document other than one list A document or one list B document + one list C document.

2. Honestly, few people know about category codes and the fact that you can figure out how the person became an LPR by it. Even fewer know what "IB6" stands for and even if they were to figure it out, most have enough tact to just be like "Oh..." and not inquire further.

Thank you so much @DemiseMajority of my team are immigrants who know the significance of card category. Hence little apprehensive. I will give ssn card and DL to my employer. Appreciate the information!!

1 minute ago, PayingForward said:

Thank you so much @DemiseMajority of my team are immigrants who know the significance of card category. Hence little apprehensive. I will give ssn card and DL to my employer. Appreciate the information!!

There are many people who have driver's license and SSN and don't have green card a green card is what reveals your true status!👍

Timeline
8 minutes ago, sabina4 said:

hi, would I run into any problems if I move to another state after my vawa has been approved but before my i485 has been approved? If i do that would my i485 interview be in the state i'm moving from or in my new state? thanks

No problem 

On 12/10/2020 at 5:28 PM, Boris Britva said:

Update:
Status changed to we approved your Form I-485! Thank you everyone for your support and advises, this process is a real hell but it's possible!

Timeline:
September 2018: I-360/I-485 submitted

December 2019: RFE for police clearance from home country (good moral character)

January 2020: I-360 was approved and case was transferred to local office

July 2020: Courtesy letter (medicals)

October 2020: Interview letter (2 weeks before interview date)
November 2020: Interview end up with review
December 2020: I-485 was approved (5 weeks after interview)

Guys, just don't give up! Wish all the best luck for all of you!!!

Hi! Congratulations, we have the same timeline from what state are you from?

28 minutes ago, sabina4 said:

hi, would I run into any problems if I move to another state after my vawa has been approved but before my i485 has been approved? If i do that would my i485 interview be in the state i'm moving from or in my new state? thanks

You are required to update your address with USCIS each time you move so when you move be sure to update your address and your interview will be scheduled at your new location!😊👍

9 hours ago, ValeryK said:

Congratulations! Did you have prima facie and EAD (C09)? 

Thank you! Not sure about prima facie I think 1-2 months.. I got EAD 180 days after they have received my I-360

1 hour ago, Optimistic1986 said:

Hi! Congratulations, we have the same timeline from what state are you from?

Thank you! CA, LA field office

14 hours ago, Aidan 85 said:

Sorry for asking if answer been given few times haven’t been online in a long time just wondering is it normal in nyc vawa was approved in November 2019 by no update since online case not even sent to local office

thanks in advance Aidan

I waited 13 months for interview in TX. Heard NY has longer wait times. The wait can be exhausting, but please try to focus on other good things in the present to make your wait feel shorter. You can find processing time if you google ‘visajourney processing time in <FO>‘ . Some applicants post their timelines and you can get a rough estimate from that

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone. Please I need help. 

i filed for an expedite request on my I-765 on December 2nd and I didn’t receive any letter, RFE or update. On the December 7th I made a request for evidence for my I-131. I got an email stating that my case is currently under review and the next day we have taken action on your case. Please what does that mean as I don’t see any update in my online account. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 12/11/2020 at 1:37 PM, PayingForward said:

Oh not even unrestricted ssn card? Thank you!

Unrestricted SSN Card alludes to that you are a US Citizen, since you did not produce your Green Card.  Your employer can mistakenly complete your I-9 by marking as such.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.