2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, cindy122808 said:

Crossing my fingers. I will be able to breathe once I got the GC. Thank you though.

You will be find...marching onward to beautiful and better future🔜🌟🇺🇸💖💃

Just now, PayingForward said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @cindy122808 i had my interview just 5 days after receiving paper notice though 😳

Oh😳😳😳 Really??? Oh goodness. Maybe I should do my medicals now I just don't want to waste it if it will go beyond 60days. Or did you just receive your notice late?

18 minutes ago, cindy122808 said:

Oh😳😳😳 Really??? Oh goodness. Maybe I should do my medicals now I just don't want to waste it if it will go beyond 60days. Or did you just receive your notice late?

Here is my timeline for interview

‘Interview Scheduled’ status: Nov 13

Interview Notice: Nov 27

Interview: Dec 02

My case may be one-off, but it happened. I had sent my medicals with application. So I just had to put together my documents. In your situation, I would go ahead and do medicals and in case they expire request doc to issue the report again although it might cost you few extra bucks. Its my personal preference. Loads of wishes for you!!

20 minutes ago, PayingForward said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @cindy122808 i had my interview just 5 days after receiving paper notice though 😳

It happens that way sometimes for some people, not everyone..but usually there's 7-14 days notice...for me I had more than a month's notice!👍Cindy you can go ahead and have it done😊 I know the anxiety won't let you wait...plus you're already scheduled..so go ahead!👍

11 minutes ago, egy1 said:

hello everybody 

i want to ask if i would get RFE before the VAWA approval ?

or RFE is not necessary to get the approval on VAWA

No, while plenty of cases get RFE'd, if you were to build a strong case from the very beginning you can get approved without any RFEs.

Remember, RFE stands for "Request for evidence", essentially the agent reviewing your case thinks that something is missing and asks you to send it in.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

RFE is not a process..it's only given out to address deficiencies where and when needed! So relax👍😊

It has been more than 7 months since i sent my case and i got just a prima facie nothing more and i am tired of waiting 

1 hour ago, PayingForward said:

Here is my timeline for interview

‘Interview Scheduled’ status: Nov 13

Interview Notice: Nov 27

Interview: Dec 02

My case may be one-off, but it happened. I had sent my medicals with application. So I just had to put together my documents. In your situation, I would go ahead and do medicals and in case they expire request doc to issue the report again although it might cost you few extra bucks. Its my personal preference. Loads of wishes for you!!

Oh wow that's very close! I will just go ahead do my medicals. Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

It happens that way sometimes for some people, not everyone..but usually there's 7-14 days notice...for me I had more than a month's notice!👍Cindy you can go ahead and have it done😊 I know the anxiety won't let you wait...plus you're already scheduled..so go ahead!👍

Yeah I will just go ahead and get it done! Thanks you!

Just now, egy1 said:

It has been more than 7 months since i sent my case and i got just a prima facie nothing more and i am tired of waiting 

While it sucks you have to just grit your teeth and be prepared to be patient. My own case took over 17 months to get an RFE and almost 27 months to get approved.

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, Demise said:

While it sucks you have to just grit your teeth and be prepared to be patient. My own case took over 17 months to get an RFE and almost 27 months to get approved.

What was your RFE about ?! 

1 minute ago, egy1 said:

What was your RFE about ?! 

Good faith marriage and cohabitation. I gave them everything I could find (bank records with a lot of items distinguished, college transcripts, gift receipts, ring receipts, tax information), then in my cover letter I also pointed them to some evidence in a prior I-130 like a letter from a landlord where we used to live, and basically called their claims b******t in slightly more polite terms: "I disagree with the assertion that...".

Edited by Demise

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.