2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello Guys, @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj @TBoneTX @dreamer1, @Ana FL, @Engineering-rocks, @FeDaniela, Sorry to tag you all in one message but i received 4 page long RFE. This is my 2nd RFE in 8 months. Please help me out I am really stressed. 

Timeline: 360: May 2020,  RFE, in May 2020, Good Moral, responded in June 2020. 

485/765/131: November 2020, No Bio

I attached RFE photos with this post  removed by VJ Moderation - personal info

Lived with Abuser: 

1.  for 3rd point, My cousin helped buying me car and insurance, he was living in Illinois that. Car registration and policy has Illinois address. I added her on my insurance but address is not as of California. I forgot to remove her from my policy after i moved out, I then removed her in next 6month policy, As i am renewing my policy for every 6 months. How to handle this? 

2. She was in complete financial control, he was working when we were together and i was looking for job. So she was using her personal bank account and not our in common and as i was not going out much there are not many transactions on our common account.  What to do? 

3. She closed our common account, took all money out, as i was in panic state, i tried to add her on my saving account as i was not sure what to do that time, It was in October, i moved out in September, 

4. now i have tax transcript so i am good here i believe, 

5. What to provide for residence together? I already sent them joint account, but it dosent have much transactions, I sent my friends letter, she did not added me on any of her account and we were paying rent in cash, landlord is her friend and not ready to help. Recently got divorce and divorce paper has her same address we lived together, i am not sure if i should sent that or not. 

Good Faith, 

1. Same as 1 above, 

2. Same as 2 above, 

3. Same as 3 above, 

4. It is asking for photos, but my wife deleted all my photos, i barely managed to get few selfies that i sent to my friends back to send it with my application. I really do not have more photo to send them. I am not a kind of guy who like to take photos, She broke my phone before i left so unfortunately i do not have anymore photos of us. 

Please help me, Is this RFE something really serious? My friends who filed through Attorney have not received such detailed RFE. Going through attorney makes a difference? 

Writing statement only about RFE or I should re-write whole agony i been through? 

Please help me.  God bless you all, I am losing hope here. 

Edited by TBoneTX
Attachments with personal info are removed

8 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

Hello Guys, @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj @TBoneTX @dreamer1, @Ana FL, @Engineering-rocks, @FeDaniela, Sorry to tag you all in one message but i received 4 page long RFE. This is my 2nd RFE in 8 months. Please help me out I am really stressed. 

I attached RFE photos with this post 

Lived with Abuser: 

1.  for 3rd point, My cousin helped buying me car and insurance, he was living in Illinois that. Car registration and policy has Illinois address. I added her on my insurance but address is not as of California. I forgot to remove her from my policy after i moved out, I then removed her in next 6month policy, As i am renewing my policy for every 6 months. How to handle this? 

2. She was in complete financial control, he was working when we were together and i was looking for job. So she was using her personal bank account and not our in common and as i was not going out much there are not many transactions on our common account.  What to do? 

3. She closed our common account, took all money out, as i was in panic state, i tried to add her on my saving account as i was not sure what to do that time, It was in October, i moved out in September, 

5. What to provide for residence together? I already sent them joint account, but it dosent have much transactions, I sent my friends letter, she did not added me on any of her account and we were paying rent in cash, landlord is her friend and not ready to help. Recently got divorce and divorce paper has her same address we lived together, i am not sure if i should sent that or not. 

Good Faith, 

1. Same as 1 above, 

2. Same as 2 above, 

3. Same as 3 above, 

4. It is asking for photos, but my wife deleted all my photos, i barely managed to get few selfies that i sent to my friends back to send it with my application. I really do not have more photo to send them. I am not a kind of guy who like to take photos, She broke my phone before i left so unfortunately i do not have anymore photos of us. 

Please help me, Is this RFE something really serious? My friends who filed through Attorney have not received such detailed RFE. Going through attorney makes a difference? 

Writing statement only about RFE or I should re-write whole agony i been through? 

First you need to stay calm to think properly.. I got 3RFEs as well and believe me I didn't have so many documents however I made certain to explain in detail anywhere there was insufficient evidence.. I will advice you do the same.. also the 3rd party affidavits have to be very detailed not sketchy.. they have to demonstrate in written form the depth of their knowledge of your situation. No document is irrelevant bring them all.. if you can think of it, its relevant add new evidence to already submitted ones alongside detailed personal and 3rd party evidences and you should be good!👍

Edited by TBoneTX
attachments containing personal info are removed

3 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

As I said I can't work. So can I be deported? Am I illegal or not?

You are sort of in a limbo state, you are neither legal nor illegal, the receipt notice states that you have a pending petition with the uscis, if it makes sense, I am not a lawyer so i cannot speak much on deportation but I don't think that you can until if the USCIS makes a decision on your case, if approved, on to the next step, if not then a person may be put in removal proceedings. Once again I am not a lawyer this is just from my own understanding so please feel free to do some research. 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 hours ago, Salyeen said:

Anyone got updated on his EAD mine been 160 days since last October 

Yes. Mine (C09) just got approved on the 5th March, 2021. My application was received on August 26, 2020.

Hold steady, it is coming.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Salyeen said:

I have rfe maybe that why it’s late , the biometrics you got it online or by mail ? How did you got update ? 

I received the biometrics appointment via mail. I saw the update online by checking the USCIS website.

Lived with Abuser: 

Good Faith, 

1. Same as 1 above, 

2. Same as 2 above, 

3. Same as 3 above, 

Hey, you are lucky they didn't put you on immigration fraud denial 204c with your rfe. Actually, my 130 was denied just last month I got a decision. They told me I am barred because of immigration fraud citing 204c. While I divorced since July 2019. I didn't understand how they made a decision on an application that I divorced my petitioner long ago. I am preparing already for RFE for my vawa filed October, 2019. Hopefully I Will debunk all their points that I believe didn't make sense to me because I know I married for love and when I saw the abuse were becoming too much I divorced her. I had the i130 interview November 2018 and RFE same month. But the decision came 2 years after, February 2021 denying my i130 and citing 204c bar to me. Now I can't even appeal because I'm divorce already. Hoping to reverse their decision at vawa RFE

Edited by TBoneTX
attachments containing personal info are removed

Lived with Abuser: 

Good Faith, 

1. Same as 1 above, 

2. Same as 2 above, 

3. Same as 3 above, 

Please remove your post as it contains personal information. You haven't crossed it all out!

Edited by TBoneTX
personal info removed from quoted attachment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Attachments containing personal information have been removed from a post and THREE quotes thereof.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 3/5/2021 at 11:50 AM, MGJ_NY said:

Hi Fam!!! I would like to share a good news. MY CASE HAS BEEN FINALLY APPROVED, after almost 30 months!!!!

SEPT 2018- I360 filed

OCT 2018- RFE

NOV 2018- replied to RFE

MARCH 2021- CASE APPROVED 

Total silence from NOV 2018-MARCH 2021

NO PRIMA FACIE

I couldn’t count how many times I reached out to my Senator and Congressman (also asked help from Ombudsman)

If not for this group and its members I would’ve already lost my mind in the process. So thank you all so much @sandranj @TBoneTX @FeDaniela @Stillwinning!!!😊 @a1d1 @Gogetter18

E8E0107F-A9A4-4D2C-945A-D48019CF891D.jpeg

@MGJ_NY BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!! 🥳🙌Oh my word, that was a long time, but well worth the wait. Our God is mighty and able to do all things in which His name will be glorified, and certainly we glorify His holy name. More blessings and approvals coming in Jesus mighty name, AMEN!!!🙏

On 3/6/2021 at 11:42 PM, sandranj said:

I answered your question before, but maybe I was not clear , if your VAWA was approved  you must submit a copy of your I-360 approval along with form I-485, but If your I-360 was not approved then you can file form I-485 without  having to wait your VAWA approval.

Hi Sandra,

If the OPs i360 was not approved (do you mean it was denied or just not approved yet), then what other form do they have to file to get their I485 form approved? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

I attached RFE photos with this post  removed by VJ Moderation - personal info

Lived with Abuser: 

Good Faith, 

1. Same as 1 above, 

2. Same as 2 above, 

3. Same as 3 above, 

HI,

I had exactly same situation, but my case was prepared by attorney.  and i still received RFE for good fait marriage, 

This is what i had.

- 4 Pictures

- Marriage certificate

- Costco Membership Card

- Flight Booking ticket

- Affidavits from friends.

- Psychologist Letter to prove that i was mentally abused.

After submitting all these documents i got RFE in Good Faith Marriage and Joint Residence

- I did not have any extra proof so my lawyer suggested that i get extremely detailed affidavit from friend.

- I got Affidavit from, My friend, 1 of Her Friend and 1 Neighbor. ( All 3 People had submitted their government ID as well )

These affidavits described how we met, how we fall n love, when and how we got married, what was out life before marriage and after marriage.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vawa+intent+to+deny+site:uscis.gov&sxsrf=ALeKk02VRKFTo1iz1wZIf9PJqUn0D9n2Iw:1615296601975&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjahKvhqKPvAhWEwFkKHX-lBSoQ_AUoAnoECBIQBA&biw=1920&bih=969

This is a google search and go for images you will find many decision letters provided by explaining why they did not approve particular case. I went through almost 50 of these letters so i know what to write and what not to write in affidavits,

I responded to my RFE on Nov, 23-2020. and i got my vawa approved in Feb-25th.

read as many notices you can make your story compelling and very detailed.

Good Luck 

Feb - 18 - 2019  - I360/I-485/I-765 Filled  ( Vermont )

Feb - 25 - 2019  - I360/I-485/I-765  Received

Sep - 17 -2019   - I-765 Approved. (C9)

Jun - 20 - 2020  - I-765 Renewal Sent

Sep - 08 - 2020  - I-765 - Approved (C9)

Oct - 15 - 2020  -  RFE Received ( Good Faith Marriage )

Nov - 15 - 2020  - RFE Sent

Mar - 05 - 2021  - EAD Approved ( C31 )

Mar - 05 - 2021  - I-360 Approved 

Mar - 08 - 2021  - I-485 Case Moved to new office. 

May - 25 -2021  - I-360 Approval Notice Arrived

Nov - 12 -2021  - i-693 - Notice to Submit Medical

Nov - 17 -2021  - i-693 - Sent to USCIS 

Dec -16 2021 - I-485 Approved, GC in Production.

Field Office : Long Island, NY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.